Altercation on the MRT as Thai man tells foreign tourist to “go back your <deleted> country”

rooster59

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You are talking out of your buttocks on this subject. Thailand  has a full employment economy to the extent that millions of people from  Cambodia and Myanmar must be allowed in to Thailand to do unskilled labor.

Thailand has an under employment and inefficient use of labor characteristic, but this is very different from unemployment. You forget that a  major part of the economy is given over to agriculture. The hospitality sector is hobbled because of a lack of workers.The manufacturing sector is in a precarious state because the number of males in the age 21 to 35 age segment  has not kept pace with manpower needs. Obviously you are unaware that  birth rates have decreased over the past 25 years, while  mortality due to "accident" and disease has hit this age group hard.

IMHO the only reason Thailand has such a low unemployment statistic is because I often see 3 or 4 people employed to do the same job usually done by 1 or 2 in other developed countries. Just my personal opinion.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Canceraid said:

All foreigners please help to disseminate this to all foreign media, your friends and relations back home and also share on your facebook, twitter accts etc. Could be used in another TAT CAmpaign! lol! By the way, with the economy is going down and a lot of middle and lower end thais getting unemployed or losing their means of livehood etc...they are turning crazy and mentally disturbed and take it out on foreigners in a multitude of ways. So be careful. Thailand is beyond salvation. Move and let the locals drown.

I hope you have taken your own suggestion.... and left already.... Thailand will also be better off getting rid of all the jaded foreigners that take any single incident as a blight on the entire nation.  

Edited by bkkcanuck8

3 hours ago, CLW said:

On the other hand, I don't know how to describe or explain it, the Chinese here in Thailand are different from most of the ones I met inside China.
Probably the same thing you should not judge all English people from the ones you meet at, let's say, Ibiza or Mallorca.
Maybe it has something to do with, that different places/destinations attract certain kind of people.

Has more to do with the fact that you won't even notice the vast majority of Chinese tourists in Thailand.  They blend right in.

But the ones that don't blend in will leave you no doubt that they are Chinese.  Unless they're Korean or Japanese...

There's a similar phenomena with Texans.  You won't even notice most of them.  But when you do run across a buttwad from Texas, you will have no doubt where he's from.

19 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its a common theme thats been recently revived in asia: locals hating on expats who are better paid than them, and are seen as stealing local jobs.

There's an entire community of these retards in singapore too…..they have their own forum. It's amazing the kind of garbage that festers 

in their infected brains.

For starters, expats here not allowed to do the job of locals.

And there is the other side.
The drunk loudmouth expats who think they are superior and treat the locals like plebs. 

Toss a 5 baht tip and think they are a hero.lol

Also the one who think the local vendor actually enjoy people trying to barter them down 20 baht on a 100 baht knockoff shirt. Yeah right.

Then the one who start shouting at when vendor cant understand, as if talking louder suddenly make an Asian understand English. 

Lugging huge backpack on mrt,bts knocking everyone over and then knock them over again with the smelly armpit. Ew

You can see why they get prickly sometimes.

But also, your comment would more rightfully fit any country in Euro,US,UK. 

5 hours ago, toenail said:

While the Thai passengers sit there and watch or film the argument with their smart-phones, one Thai gentleman has the "balls" or community spirit to stand between the Chinese man and the crazy Thai lady-boy to keep both from fighting. This is the kind of Thais we need more of...calm and caring--not just sitting and laughing.  Praise goes out to the Thai man (with the black backpack) to care.

A video to entice those quality tourists we hear so much about. :jap:

1 hour ago, irwinfc said:

i don't get how some here can quickly assume that the tourist is chinese. his accent doesn't give away where he's from. he could be korean, japanese, taiwanese, etc. one thing is clear though, he seems very confident he hasn't done anything wrong since he threatened to go to the police. on the other hand, the thai seems hell-bent on having a go at the tourist. very strong hints who's the aggressor here.

The tourist is chinese because there are posters here including me that can distinguish the difference between Asian languages as well as different European languages. Its just that simple.

What the Thai guy said was that the chinese had his legs open or blocking the path, this is why he got pissed off as the chinese guy did not move his leg to let him through.

25 minutes ago, malcoml said:

Yeah it is clear what happened here.

This is a half lady boy and the tourists stared at him.

Wrong. 1st: he is a Thai gay. 2nd: the other guy blocked his way and even smashed his leg.

Actually, based on his accent, I assume, he is not from the PRC, more likely a "native Australian" or Hongkongnese.

And yes, I also have sometimes problems to control my temper,  based on what I often experience here in CM from those 2 groups (and also PRC Chinese).

I can at least somewhat understand the Thai - who is a middle class Thai, even if using the word "ii-sat" - expecting some courtesy and politeness, as usual among his peers.

Edited by BernieOnTour

I'm not sure why this is news. Every time, and there have been a few over the years, I have had any altercation with a Thai man that's the first thing they say 'you don't belong here....this not your country blah blah blah. It was usually with a cab driver. I normally respond by trying to politely 'school' them on the jobs and money brought to their country by foreigners and of course that's a waste of time.  I peacefully live here by smiling and never really have anything to do with Thai men...works for me.

No surprise, in fact the overwhelming majority opinion. However, the PRCs  get on my last nerve and the Thais think less of them than the average farang. As much as they despise Americans and Brits, they REALLY hate the Chinese.

Edited by Chip Allen

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think the Thai guy overreacted ....  the chinese guy probably looked at him a few times and the thai guy took it the wrong way and therefore got upset.

A bit of a jerk if you ask me .....  he was showing off in front of other thais ...

I am sure the chinese guy meant no harm ... and will probably be glad to see arse end of Thailand.

You are rather too charitable: " a bit of a jerk"? Full-blown nutcase , more like it.

Reinforces my long-held prejudice to avoid any male with a pony tail....not a one of them up to any good, mostly bounders and ratbags.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think the Thai guy overreacted ....  the chinese guy probably looked at him a few times and the thai guy took it the wrong way and therefore got upset.

A bit of a jerk if you ask me .....  he was showing off in front of other thais ...

I am sure the chinese guy meant no harm ... and will probably be glad to see arse end of Thailand.

You were there right? Assuming....

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"Go back to your own <deleted>$king country ",   BUT leave your money here.

regards Worgeordie

Seems like you post multiple times a day almost exclusively negative words about Thailand. You have that freedom to express your thoughts but maybe Thailand is not the right place for you. Maybe you should consider a better place you can enjoy and find happiness.  Regards Wake Up

You can never ever compare an Mainland Chinese with an Thai Chinese, Singapore Chinese, Malaysian Chinese, Taiwan Chinese  and so on. The x-Chinese has common sense and keep the Chinese culture. The Mainland Chinese culture was blown away with the culture revolution by the bastard Mao, and don't has any common sense. 

Ask a x-Chinese fot their opinion about Mainland Chinese and you get surprised how much racism exits.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

In 16 years working here I've had a few people the were not pleased with me but no, as far as I can tell, no one has told me to go back to my country.

Same as me i think it depends on  a person's own attitude, if you're likely to be argumentative or aggressive them maybe you would get told,

I was being ironic when saying you have never been told f off, 

The Chinese guy should of taken him on when he was asked "do you want to fight" Thais are only good fighters when the odds are about 6-1 in there favour. Another thing if the  Chinese man takes on board when the Thais man said go back to your <deleted> country and  he goes  the Thais guy must realise  that if Chinese man goes and all the other tourists go there will be no money so idiots like him might not have a job or eat. Then again he probaly dont work anyway.

Not a nice thing to say or do after all the effort the Pm put in trying to get on the good side of the Chinese by buying 3 old subs off them