Mysterious death of German woman found floating in Korat temple lake

rooster59

Mysterious death of German woman found floating in Korat temple lake

02_1752.jpg

Image: Workpoint TV

Police in Nakorn Ratchasima are investigating the death of a German woman found floating in a temple lake yesterday.

The lady - named as 72 year old Miss Anna Maria by Workpoint TV - was a well known resident of Khok Soong sub-district who had moved to Thailand 14 years ago.

She was often seen making merit, sweeping up or doing the dishes in the early morning at the temple of Wat Sawang Arom.

She was found yesterday floating in the temple lake. She was clothed but not wearing shoes. It is thought she had only been dead two hours when she was found.

She lived nearby said Jorhor police who believe she may have fallen in the water while she was sweeping a concrete area in the temple grounds.

They have sent the body for autopsy to try to learn the cause of death.

Source: Workpoint TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-20

I can understand Thai police assume that Thais can die like this, as most cannot swim and would panic when in water.

But come on, this is an adult and German and it is in a few feet of water?

Tell me she collapsed in heart attack or whatever but please dont tell me she fell in and drowned.

Theres gotta be more to this

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Fallen in ,looks like there is a substantial fence all way around.

RIP lady.

regards Worgeordie

In the center of the photo there is an opening in the fence with a concrete ramp for fast, wheel chair, and elderly lake access!

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

Was is necessary for ThaiVisa to publish her ID card? No respect for privacy here. Do you even know whether the family has been notified?

Thai visa only posts what what was in the source of the news. It apparently had already been widely disseminated before it was posted here since it was posted on source website at 12:39 on May 19th.

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"They have sent the body for autopsy to try to learn the cause of death."

I thought an autopsy was to PINPOINT the cause of death.  But, she is a foreigner.

Actually it is a medical examination of the body of a person who has died with the purpose being to answer questions about the person's illness or the cause of death. Learn is fine in the context used.  Could have said establish as well.  Just a play on words me thinks.:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

This is slightly off topic. But only slightly!

I read recently that over 600 westerners die in Thailand every year. Accidental death; suicide; murder and many just unexplained. It seems excessive to me. Why so many and how does Thailand compare to other countries in this?

Edited by owl sees all
syntax error

54 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I read recently that over 600 westerners die in Thailand every year. Accidental death; suicide; murder and many just unexplained. It seems excessive to me. Why so many and how does Thailand compare to other countries in this?

this sort of thing can easily be found on the internet.But hey why go to all that trouble when all you have to do is ask a question and sit back and wait for an answer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai visa only posts what what was in the source of the news. It apparently had already been widely disseminated before it was posted here since it was posted on source website at 12:39 on May 19th.

So Thai Visa is simply a "Cut and Paste"? Regardless of decency or morals or whatever....it is beginning to look that way.

55 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

this sort of thing can easily be found on the internet.But hey why go to all that trouble when all you have to do is ask a question and sit back and wait for an answer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antagonist comment.  The poor bloke was only asking. I really do wonder at the lack of IQ often potrayed in these forums. 

1 hour ago, biplanebluey said:

But hey why go to all that trouble when all you have to do is ask a question and sit back and wait for an answer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably quicker to search the internet for the answers. You are right there but this is a forum and people's personal views are worth reading. But if you don't want to comment then don't.

I have lost a few of pals down the years, and two are in the 'mysterious deaths' category.

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

4 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"They have sent the body for autopsy to try to learn the cause of death."

I thought an autopsy was to PINPOINT the cause of death.  But, she is a foreigner.

Semantics.

Seems that most Farlangs living in Thailand die in either two ways. Falling off high buildings or floating in lakes. Seems this proves that Farlangs can`t fly and can`t swim.

I truly believe that there are people getting away with murder out there.

6 hours ago, bamukloy said:

I can understand Thai police assume that Thais can die like this, as most cannot swim and would panic when in water.

But come on, this is an adult and German and it is in a few feet of water?

Tell me she collapsed in heart attack or whatever but please dont tell me she fell in and drowned.

Theres gotta be more to this

So many gross generalizations

Thais arent adult

Thais cannot swim

They panic in water

All germans can swim

All germans are adults

Germans dont panic

Westerners ( or germans) cant die in a 'few feet of water'

Old western people are incapable of falling over and drowning.

The major inference being if she didnt have a heart attack because it happened in thailand  it must be foul play.

Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, Ian Rankin,Et al....your legacy is safe

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Seems that most Farlangs living in Thailand die in either two ways. Falling off high buildings or floating in lakes. Seems this proves that Farlangs can`t fly and can`t swim.

Most farangs ?????

6 hours ago, onthemoon said:

Was is necessary for ThaiVisa to publish her ID card? No respect for privacy here. Do you even know whether the family has been notified?

Happens almost all the time. Only in the past few years have they started to block some personal info, but as seen not always.  

She was actually living with her German son and his partner. I know the lady in question as her son runs a popular restaurant in the area and she could often be seen there. I wish all the best to her son. I really wish these photos would not show up on thaivisa. Imagine she was your mom!

14 hours ago, onthemoon said:

Her family knew within minutes of her being found.

She lived with her son at the restaurant next to my house, not far from the temple where she was well known.

A very pleasant and popular lady.

R.I.P. Anna Marie!

Edited by billrose

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Oh no you didn't!

here we go..... lol.... again

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Yes I agree cyberfarang.

I had two pals of mine die within the last few years. Both deaths were mysterious to say the least. The thing that links them for me is the total disregard of protocol in both instances by the authorities.

One, a wealthy OZ chap, was cremated the morning after his death when an officer from the Australian embassy, and family members were on their way to the village. They arrived way to late!!

Edited by owl sees all

Some of you remind me of a "mysterious" death near where I live. A friend of mine and a couple of his friends were having a few beers at his house. He complained about his left arm aching and his back hurting, then dropped dead. His Thai wife was there also.  His Thai wife insisted that his farang friends murdered him. There are paranoid people, both Thai and farangs. People here do occasionally get away with murder but I don't think it is as common as some of you obviously believe. 

3 hours ago, billrose said:

Her family knew within minutes of her being found.

She lived with her son at the restaurant next to my house, not far from the temple where she was well known.

A very pleasant and popular lady.

R.I.P. Anna Marie!

so was there foul play involved .... one doesn't just fall into the lake ...