Condos under 100k per sq metre with large balcony/terrace?

What condo building around Sukhumvit - Huai Khwang area have large private outdoor areas under 100k thb per sq metre?

By large balcony/terrace I mean big enough for at least a small jaccuzi and dining table for 4 people.

One I know of is Sukhumvit Suites on Soi 13 with price about 60k per sq metre and you can get 100sq metre one bed with massive terrace. Never visited the building, apparently it is not preferred by Thais because of "ghosts" and I personally don't like Soi 13 much as the traffic is terrible pretty much any time of the day

Do you know some other projects with large outdoor areas?

If your wanting to put a Jacuzzi on the balcony best check what the condominium will allow. Get it in writing and approved by the condo committee. Most condos will not allow changing or modifying the exterior unless approved. In our building a owner wanted to install a Jucuzzi on his balcony but it got voted "No" in the AGM.  

12 minutes ago, RBOP said:

If your wanting to put a Jacuzzi on the balcony best check what the condominium will allow. Get it in writing and approved by the condo committee. Most condos will not allow changing or modifying the exterior unless approved. In our building a owner wanted to install a Jucuzzi on his balcony but it got voted "No" in the AGM.  

Problem is in placing the drainage pipe.

Seriously, as an ex civil engineer, I would have someone who knows what they are doing to check the structural ability of the balcony to withstand the sustained and considerable load that would be caused by a Jacuzzi placed on it ! (B.Sc.(Hons) Civ. eng.)

32 minutes ago, trogers said:

Problem is in placing the drainage pipe.

I think that most condo balconies have some sort of drainage built-in. Mine certainly does for air-con condensation and for when it rains, and I know other people who have their washing machine on the balcony using the same drain.

35 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Seriously, as an ex civil engineer, I would have someone who knows what they are doing to check the structural ability of the balcony to withstand the sustained and considerable load that would be caused by a Jacuzzi placed on it ! (B.Sc.(Hons) Civ. eng.)

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

I know it isn't just a question of space .. anyway step 1 is find condos with large balconies :-)

10 minutes ago, 11223344 said:

I know it isn't just a question of space .. anyway step 1 is find condos with large balconies :-)

Not many condos are designed with huge balconies, in a city of heat and dust, even for old condos...

But you can use the rooftops of the 8th floor units at Waterford H building for your purpose.

https://www.thailand-property.com/condo-for-sale-in-the-waterford-rama-4-near-bts-phra-khanong_1301195

Edited by trogers

A  recent publication has defined what is - shall we say not exactly in the best possible taste. 

Think very carefully about the concept of an outdoor jacuzzi- it's sounds fabulous: sitting there sipping the finest Champagne surrounded by beautiful creatures .

The reality- it's a lot of work to keep clean and hygienic , constant emptying , cleaning and refilling .

55 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

A  recent publication has defined what is - shall we say not exactly in the best possible taste. 

Think very carefully about the concept of an outdoor jacuzzi- it's sounds fabulous: sitting there sipping the finest Champagne surrounded by beautiful creatures .

The reality- it's a lot of work to keep clean and hygienic , constant emptying , cleaning and refilling .

Above 15th floor it's easy to keep clean.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

You are aware of how heavy a jacuzzi is including water? I think, this will need a static expertise. Wheter on Balcony or inside the Condo.

About 500 kg/sqm. Just spread the load over double the support area to bring it to 250 kg/sqm.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, KittenKong said:

I think that most condo balconies have some sort of drainage built-in. Mine certainly does for air-con condensation and for when it rains, and I know other people who have their washing machine on the balcony using the same drain.

It would be illegal to put sanitary water into the buildings rain water drains.  Its a separate system.

7 hours ago, RBOP said:

It would be illegal to put sanitary water into the buildings rain water drains.  Its a separate system.

Hmm. If that was the only illegal thing that happened in my building I would be delighted and amazed.

Does washing machine water really count as "sanitary" anyway? What about when I wash the floor of my balcony? That's just water and detergent too.