Speed limits imposed on Transport Company’s buses during rainy season

webfact

7 hours ago, jaltsc said:

The state-run Transport Company has imposed speed limits on its bus fleet during the rainy season as a precautionary measure against road accidents...He added that supervisors must check drivers to ensure they are not drunk."

The drivers need to be told not to drive dangerously? Shouldn't that that be a prerequisite to being hired? 

They can stop drunkenness. Now, all they need to do in order to make the roads safer, is to  stop ego-driven stupidity. 

and  ya ba.... No one in their right mind would drive the way many of these clowns do...It would also seem that this and probably most other transport companie's vehicles are immune to being stopped by the plods.

I don't know how accurate it is but I have been told that the drivers are all on a bonus system where they are rewarded for arriving on or ahead of schedule. Red rag to a bull!

7 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

This is the year 2017 not 1917... have they never heard of engine/speed governors? have they never heard of VTS (vehicle tracking system) that can monitor and record vehicle location, speed etc. This tripe that they come up with is beyond comprehension... they need to get a good grip of themselves and wake up, THIS IS THE YEAR 2017!!

I'm sure that they've heard of them but they cost money, Presumably Hiso's of some description take the profits from this company & these things cost money denting their profits. They don't care who dies in these bus crashes as Hiso's certainly don't use them... TIT

Good idea but go the extra mile and fit speed governors, tachometers plus sat-nav

Simple solutions to simply safe life's. Easy! No brain storming or lengthy BS meetings required. The tech is there, just find qualified personnel who know what they are doing, which maybe very hard to find here, to simply install the devices. Job done! Peoples life's are more safe.

But it won't happen.

T. I. T where life is very cheap.

You must be misreading my post regarding? I never said anything about letting senior officials use their judgement of speed etc!  And I didn't say or assume common sense is needed in driving.

Nothing works, you can make as many rules, install equipment all they want in the end, nothing and I stand by my comment in this regard doesn't work unless you have enforcement period and that is sadly missing in all the suggestion that Thai official make.

When I comment on " adjust your driving to the condition at hand "  means from the beginning in their driver handbook, in their testing, in their videos, that if it is raining slow down, there is construction or a accident, slow down, when it gets dark and lighting is at a minimum slow down. Driving isn't constant road rage or pedal to the medal.  This basic rule is no different than coming to a stop at a red light. But again nothing works if there isn't enforcement. If a driver gets into a accident while it is raining and it is determine the accident occurred due to excessive speed they should be cited etc.. but there isn't a system of enforcement here it is just are you o.k. no harm no foul?

For others, as far as I'm concern there will never be a car design to be safe enough or a tech like a governor install, GPS, in my lifetime. Currently all these things have their limitations. You can set a Governor at 90, but if it is raining slippery and dark and the driver continues to max speed at 80-90 when the condition should be less the governor will not control the reckless behavior nor a governor going to help if the drivers take a 35 KM/H turn suggested at 65 KM/H, governor nor GPS is going to control the driver if he wants to tailgate another vehicle, nor control the vehicle if a driver wants to pass on a curve etc..

Edited by thailand49

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You must be misreading my post regarding? I never said anything about letting senior officials use their judgement of speed etc!  And I didn't say or assume common sense is needed in driving.

Nothing works, you can make as many rules, install equipment all they want in the end, nothing and I stand by my comment in this regard doesn't work unless you have enforcement period and that is sadly missing in all the suggestion that Thai official make.

When I comment on " adjust your driving to the condition at hand "  means from the beginning in their driver handbook, in their testing, in their videos, that if it is raining slow down, there is construction or a accident, slow down, when it gets dark and lighting is at a minimum slow down. Driving isn't constant road rage or pedal to the medal.  This basic rule is no different than coming to a stop at a red light. But again nothing works if there isn't enforcement. If a driver gets into a accident while it is raining and it is determine the accident occurred due to excessive speed they should be cited etc.. but there isn't a system of enforcement here it is just are you o.k. no harm no foul?

For others, as far as I'm concern there will never be a car design to be safe enough or a tech like a governor install, GPS, in my lifetime. Currently all these things have their limitations. You can set a Governor at 90, but if it is raining slippery and dark and the driver continues to max speed at 80-90 when the condition should be less the governor will not control the reckless behavior nor a governor going to help if the drivers take a 35 KM/H turn suggested at 65 KM/H, governor nor GPS is going to control the driver if he wants to tailgate another vehicle, nor control the vehicle if a driver wants to pass on a curve etc..

Wow!

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You didn't?? Really???  Kinda looks like that to me.  But then, I am not sure what this bit means anyway:  "to open their vision as to what specific rules are actually put in place executed."

Your full post ..... "It gets worse every time they open their mouth,  there is a thing called in driving "  adjust your driving to the condition "  many of these officials need to get a passport and visit some other countries to open their vision as to what specific rules are actually put in place executed.

Right now everything being suggested is like they are just spinning their wheels."

I'll bet the idiot who killed two in Bkk yesterday was doing neither 60 or 90 kmh.   THAT is my point.  Simple rules for simple people ....and enforced!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

You didn't?? Really???  Kinda looks like that to me.  But then, I am not sure what this bit means anyway:  "to open their vision as to what specific rules are actually put in place executed."

Your full post ..... "It gets worse every time they open their mouth,  there is a thing called in driving "  adjust your driving to the condition "  many of these officials need to get a passport and visit some other countries to open their vision as to what specific rules are actually put in place executed.

Right now everything being suggested is like they are just spinning their wheels."

I'll bet the idiot who killed two in Bkk yesterday was doing neither 60 or 90 kmh.   THAT is my point.  Simple rules for simple people ....and enforced!!!!!!!

?????

Didn't read or hear about that accident, brief me and I will give you a answer as to why?  Agree or disagree as I have been saying if you put something in place need to enforce it. 

I've been associated with the Dept of Transportation and California Hwy Patrol for over 40 years before retiring.  Seen hundreds of accidents. Here the fix is simple but the officials have never been taught or seen a alternative to their own driving. How can you teach recommend if you are from the system that is the problem.

Edited by thailand49

On 5/23/2017 at 1:02 PM, thailand49 said:

?????

Didn't read or hear about that accident, brief me and I will give you a answer as to why?  Agree or disagree as I have been saying if you put something in place need to enforce it. 

I've been associated with the Dept of Transportation and California Hwy Patrol for over 40 years before retiring.  Seen hundreds of accidents. Here the fix is simple but the officials have never been taught or seen a alternative to their own driving. How can you teach recommend if you are from the system that is the problem.

Agree with you and respect your professional experience.  Particularly when you are only agreeing with me.  Set maximum speed limits for specified and clearly defined good and bad conditions.  And enforce without fear or favour. QED   (eventually, except for total idiots who hopefully will have been chased out of the industry by employers tired of their  infraction notices)

• 5 months later...