snoop1130

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, steven100 said:

we agree to disagree .......      I prefer law and order rather than fighting and anarchy just for the sake of an opinion ... 

Nah, sorry, never went for that George Bush saying.  We flatly disagree as there was not all that much violence and the Army should have allowed an impeachment process. Then elections should have taken place, depending on the outcome, rather than usurping power for the long term.  We all know why they took power.  The elites are afraid of the Shinawatras.  If martial law makes you feel safe, keep quoting the buffoonery of George Bush.  My preference is with Ben Franklin. 

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

we agree to disagree .......      I prefer law and order rather than fighting and anarchy just for the sake of an opinion ... 

Do you honestly believe that continued repression of society will not result in fighting and anarchy?  That's where it always ends.  The stability you mentioned earlier is a mirage, it's not real.  True stability comes through reconciliation, not at the barrel of a gun.

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Yes, and don't forget "reconciliation".

A certain, tiny fraction of humanity might prefer to live under a highly-restrictive form of government. Often their "rationale" is either "security", or preserving their birth-right.

Freedom can be dirty, nasty, ugly even dangerous, but ultimately it seems like a form of self-government most modern humans seem to aspire to.

I understand that you lived in fear during those times when the Yellow Shirts seized the country, and overthrew governments. And that you feel 'safe' now. And I respect your right to voice your opinion(s), without hectoring you to "leave the country if you don't like it".

Edited by mtls2005

10 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Do you honestly believe that continued repression of society will not result in fighting and anarchy?  That's where it always ends.  The stability you mentioned earlier is a mirage, it's not real.  True stability comes through reconciliation, not at the barrel of a gun.

When you have all the guns reconcilation is just another word.

Well a junta is a junta and a coup is a coup and there are not other words for it: even Mr. Prayut dreaming about it and things have to be named as they are...

oh HH its a coup of junta and you can't do that anymore...give a s..t on it!

“The illegal regime change in 2014 destroyed several things… Do we really want coercion by the use of guns? How will this differ from those who rob banks?” Chaiyan said.

It won't. The state coffers are already nearly empty. Mission accomplished. 

You have to admire and respect young people who are willing to peacefully, publicly speak up for their political beliefs -- even at considerable risk to their personal safety and freedom. I believe the two main players in the OP photo have been jailed before for peaceful protest, and it wouldn't surprise me, if they found themselves being jailed again.

Its surely simplistic to say that the country is run by a military d-ship in any case. Presumably it's run by the deep state, of which the military is part. However, who can say whether ultimately the elites control the military or vice versa? Over the decades, it must have become a tangled web and probably even members of the deep state are now unable to really say which part controls the other. Very interesting situation.

16 hours ago, akirasan said:

Thank-you to our glorious and generous leader Prayut who was born on Thailands most sacred mountain Phu Pha, inside a secret military camp. At the exact moment of his birth, a new star formed and lit up the sky, the seasons suddenly changed from winter to spring, and a double rainbow appeared.

i heard he does not even have to s#!t. he must be some sort of god.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

disagree ...  and I don't consider myself an apologist ...  I like thailand & the Junta.

before there was bombings, security issues, airport closures, blockages, protests, killings ... and more ........

Khun Prayuth took control ....  he brought in stability and security ..

you can travel anywhere you like

you have security without protests and shootings

you can go shopping

you can do everything as before

they brought in some measures to clear footpaths

they went after the criminals, including Thaksin & YL.

So what is wrong with Thailand apart from you cannot have protests & cause anarchy.

In thailand ...  the parties cannot agree and they will fight .... so what is wrong with someone controlling that and waving the stick ...

It makes sense to me that now there is stability ....  

In summary, you like repression and rule by an iron-fisted autocrat.  And you approve of censorship, including the censorship that prevents me from using the one-word description of this government that clearly applies.

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

In summary, you like repression and rule by an iron-fisted autocrat.  And you approve of censorship, including the censorship that prevents me from using the one-word description of this government that clearly applies.

no ...  not saying that ,   I'm saying Thailand has peace and stability ...

before it didn't .....  as to many want power .. hence fighting  !!   simple ..

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble. Yesterday and Big C bombs are not events you classified as peace and stability. During the Bkk Shutdown, I did my normal routines and as long as I avoid those hotspots, I had peace and stability. But now you can avoid as Bombs can happen anywhere & instability continue. 

55 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Got it--you are willing to abandon democracy, free speech, free press, freedom of assembly, and tolerate military rule in return for peace and stability.

What will you do if the majority of Thais decide they are unwilling to accept such a compromise and rise up against military rule?  Will you support the military as it fires on unarmed protesters?  Will you insist they deserved if for demanding freedom?

18 hours ago, akirasan said:

Thank-you to our glorious and generous leader Prayut who was born on Thailands most sacred mountain Phu Pha, inside a secret military camp. At the exact moment of his birth, a new star formed and lit up the sky, the seasons suddenly changed from winter to spring, and a double rainbow appeared.

You forgot the harps playing and trumpets sounding and the singing angels...! 

The military intervened to force a political cease fire under the guise of being a neutral broker on behalf of the people.  They boast of achieving "Peace and Stability" but in reality, that's a natural by-product of a cease fire, and one with a shelf-life.   Bit like holding ice cubes in your hand.

Army must gauge the climate/temperature correctly, allow a few pressure releases on the way, but end of the day, execute a "just in time" exit strategy to preserve the illusion of their neutrality for "the next one".  RTA has plenty of institutional experience in this.

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Sorry to burst your bubble. Yesterday and Big C bombs are not events you classified as peace and stability. During the Bkk Shutdown, I did my normal routines and as long as I avoid those hotspots, I had peace and stability. But now you can avoid as Bombs can happen anywhere & instability continue. 

Don't forget that bombing at that shrine in Bangkok a few years ago. 

Now the instability will continue indefinitely for the chronic overstayers. 

Well if you avoid any and all problems, life can be bliss.

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Got it--you are willing to abandon democracy, free speech, free press, freedom of assembly, and tolerate military rule in return for peace and stability.

If you aren't allowed to criticize the king, do you have free speech and free press?

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

What will you do if the majority of Thais decide they are unwilling to accept such a compromise and rise up against military rule?  Will you support the military as it fires on unarmed protesters?  Will you insist they deserved if for demanding freedom?

12 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

If you aren't allowed to criticize the king, do you have free speech and free press?

No, that's part of my point.

Or criticise anyone or anything supported by the King which includes his armed politicians (or are they like police? Or personal army?

Or use words banned by the erm.. non-junta non-coup protectors of democracy... Can I say that?

37 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

25 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No, that's part of my point.

16 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

Well, then you have no free speech and free press with democratically elected governments.

It's not all or nothing.  There is a difference between limited freedom of speech, and no freedom of speech.  Under democratic governments in Thailand technically one could not criticize the monarchy, though the rule was only enforced when blatantly violated and offenders were routinely pardoned.

Under the junta, laws forbidding criticism of the monarchy, along with criticism of the government, the PM, the constitution, and what other subjects Prayuth wants to put off limits, are rigorously enforce with severe penalties.  That's why international news publications disappeared from news stands after the coup.  That's why people are arrested for sharing a Facebook post from the BBC.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

It should not be called a coup ....  it should be called ' fixing the mess that others created ' ...  :wai:

It should be called.. "another attempt to justify the failure the military has created". 

There has, never was and never will be a genuine attempt to fix Thailands mess. The military only has power while the country is divided, uneducated, scared and poor and havent they done a great job of that over the last 80 years,

20 hours ago, Thailand said:

The hunta staged a foup to remove wemocracy and olections from the dictionary.

Since when did Thailand ever have a democracy? For thousands of years it had a tribal and overlord system.

So many yearn for a return to authority. So called "democracy" has resulted in violence, political lies resulting in poverty (rice scheme) and a total loss of traditions and direction.

So if you want false elections like the Trump coup, don't preach your hollow words to Thailand.