British police says responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena

webfact

9 hours ago, Grouse said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/survey-reveals-chasm-between-muslim-values-and-rest-of-uk-d30hl55lk

This need to be stopped

Integrate properly, or we will differentiate properly

Stop trying to justify or explain away this horror. You're making it worse for us who really care. Please

Again you're making ridiculous statements, in this instance claiming I'm justifying detrimental behaviour by UK Muslims, which is complete BS. It is people such as you making hysterical suggestions that are also part of the problem with Western societies having to deal with Islamist ideology; as previously mentioned professional security agency representatives have highlighted such commentary as counter productive.

The survey is interesting, I do wonder what socio-economic demographic these small sample surveys target. On the very limited bright side it indicates a limited percentage sympathetic to Islamist Islam, rather that all Muslims as claimed by a number of posters on this forum. Yes you are correct, the indicated core of people needs to be focused upon, though it appears, again by security representatives statements, it will take many years for the issues to be resolved.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, nausea said:

Now that was interesting. It seems that Saudi Wahhabism (called by some "the fountainhead of Islamic terrorism") is, indeed, "the elephant in the room" (and I mean in a broader poilitical sense) that no-one wants to address. Incidentally, had to laugh at the story about the guy who bought "Islam for Dummies" on his way to join Isis.

I've read "Islam for Dummies", focuses on the peaceful aspects of Islam and as I recall no reference to Islamist ideology.

3 hours ago, Flustered said:

If I could find a country that banned Muslims I would happily go and live there.

Here are some suggestions for you with countries that have or are in the process of 'banning' Muslims...

Slovakia Angola, Hungary, Myanmar, and Samoa 

23 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The problem is that you can warn the authorities all day long that someone has been radicalized ,but what can they do about it , follow him 24/7? raid his house ? lock him up ? we all know what will happen ,people will start screaming racism ,or religous hatism ? etc etc .it was well known who the main culprits where for carrying knives ,so stop and search was implemented , look what happened there .

To start with interview him, interview his family, friends, fellow mosque vistors, etc. And yes, if there are leads there are many options for police.

Doing nothing and ignoring, like seems to be the case, is not the answer.

Your post is simply incorrect, there are many options, none seem to have been taken.

Imam at Didsbury mosque tell the worshippers be vigilant. Report all hate crimes against you or mosques. Not be on the look out for extremists amongst us. Didn't take long for the victim card to be played.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/theaustralian/subscribe?pkgDef=TA_SDO_P0415A_W04&directSubscribe=true&b=true&sourceCode=TAWEB_MRE170_a_FBK&mode=premium&dest=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/chris-kenny/terror-in-manchester-now-is-not-the-time-to-blame-the-victims/news-story/436fe26454ca0b260d0091c23c28655f&memtype=anonymous

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Imam at Didsbury mosque tell the worshippers be vigilant. Report all hate crimes against you or mosques. Not be on the look out for extremists amongst us. Didn't take long for the victim card to be played.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/theaustralian/subscribe?pkgDef=TA_SDO_P0415A_W04&directSubscribe=true&b=true&sourceCode=TAWEB_MRE170_a_FBK&mode=premium&dest=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/chris-kenny/terror-in-manchester-now-is-not-the-time-to-blame-the-victims/news-story/436fe26454ca0b260d0091c23c28655f&memtype=anonymous

Actually the Imam at Dewsbury mosque had previously preached against ISIS ideology

In 1987, a lunatic killed 16 people in Hungerford in the UK. Semi-automatic weapons were subsequently banned by law

In 1996, a lunatic killed 17 people in Dunblane in the UK. All private firearms were subsequently banned by law

In 2017, an Islamist jihadi kills 22 people in Manchester. What do we do? Lay flowers, light candles and create hashtags. Oh, and do a lot of worrying about an "Islamophobic" backlash by "extremist elements".

That's how feeble the UK authorities have become from a 20-year diet of political correctness. It is a terminal illness.

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Actually the Imam at Dewsbury mosque had previously preached against ISIS ideology

Why are you mentioning Dewsbury mosque when the post you're replying to says Didsbury?

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

In 1987, a lunatic killed 16 people in Hungerford in the UK. Semi-automatic weapons were subsequently banned by law

In 1996, a lunatic killed 17 people in Dunblane in the UK. All private firearms were subsequently banned by law

In 2017, an Islamist jihadi kills 22 people in Manchester. What do we do? Lay flowers, light candles and create hashtags. Oh, and do a lot of worrying about an "Islamophobic" backlash by "extremist elements".

That's how feeble the UK authorities have become from a 20-year diet of political correctness. It is a terminal illness.

They should now ban what they should have banned in 1987 and 1996 instead of firearms - they should ban murderous lunatics.

Edited by MaxYakov

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

To start with interview him, interview his family, friends, fellow mosque vistors, etc. And yes, if there are leads there are many options for police.

Doing nothing and ignoring, like seems to be the case, is not the answer.

Your post is simply incorrect, there are many options, none seem to have been taken.

Yes your right there are many options and they are not taken because of the reasons i stated .

38 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

They should now ban what they should have banned in 1987 and 1996 instead of firearms - they should ban murderous lunatics.

Indeed. Or they should ban the people who deliberately incite murderous lunatics.

It took UK authorities 8 years to deport Abu Hamza, convicted terrorist and London preacher who said in a public sermon: "Allah likes those who believe in Him who kill those who do not believe in Him. Allah likes that. So if you Muslims don’t like that because you hate the blood, there is something wrong with you."

UK authorities are very quick to ban and prosecute "hate speech" against Muslims. The same strictures should be applied to hate speech by Muslims. But it won't happen.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes your right there are many options and they are not taken because of the reasons i stated .

Thanks for admitting I'm right. And yes, the rest of your post is incorrect.

Since you refuse to come with any form of argument, I'm out of this with you.

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

Here are some suggestions for you with countries that have or are in the process of 'banning' Muslims...

Slovakia Angola, Hungary, Myanmar, and Samoa 

And when all of the peace loving good people have emigrated to these countries, Islam will turn it's full force of terrorism on them as well.

Islam knows no boundaries on domination and subduing other religions and peace abiding people.

How many Manchesters have to happen before something is done to stop the spread of Islam?

3 hours ago, RickBradford said:

Indeed. Or they should ban the people who deliberately incite murderous lunatics.

It took UK authorities 8 years to deport Abu Hamza, convicted terrorist and London preacher who said in a public sermon: "Allah likes those who believe in Him who kill those who do not believe in Him. Allah likes that. So if you Muslims don’t like that because you hate the blood, there is something wrong with you."

UK authorities are very quick to ban and prosecute "hate speech" against Muslims. The same strictures should be applied to hate speech by Muslims. But it won't happen.

As your own post points out, the authorities prosecuted Abu Hamza - but I agree that it took WAY too long to deport him.  It really shouldn't be that hard.

I gather that this terrorist came from a family of religious extremists, who should never have been allowed into the country in the first place!

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

As your own post points out, the authorities prosecuted Abu Hamza - but I agree that it took WAY too long to deport him.  It really shouldn't be that hard.

I gather that this terrorist came from a family of religious extremists, who should never have been allowed into the country in the first place!

Was he deported...?

18 minutes ago, Flustered said:

And when all of the peace loving good people have emigrated to these countries, Islam will turn it's full force of terrorism on them as well.

Islam knows no boundaries on domination and subduing other religions and peace abiding people.

How many Manchesters have to happen before something is done to stop the spread of Islam?

Ah well seems you well never find any peace - must be a miserable inner life for you.

Why are you mentioning Dewsbury mosque when the post you're replying to says Didsbury?

Give him a break, he was only 40 some miles out. lol

Just now, simple1 said:

Nope all thanks to your state of mind

The Times have reported:-

"Intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers, it emerged yesterday.

The scale of the challenge facing the police and security services was disclosed by Whitehall sources after criticism that multiple opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber had been missed."

Hardly something to gloss over, but as someone living in Australia, why should it bother you?

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I gather he was eventually, but you have proof otherwise?

Perhaps I am getting names mixed up, but I thought the guy was sent elsewhere to face charges, extradited...

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I gather he was eventually, but you have proof otherwise?

I thought he was extradited, but I could be wrong, but either way it took long enough to get rid of the Vermin

Just now, Caps said:

I thought he was extradited, but I could be wrong, but either way it took long enough to get rid of the Vermin

Agree entirely.  Why did it take so long to get rid of him, and only then because (I gather) because the Brit authorities found it easier to extradite him?

The other point is that this terrorist's family were religious extremists, and should never have been allowed into the country.  Instead, if I understand correctly, they were allowed into the country because their extreme religious beliefs made them a 'target' under the Gadaffi regime?

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Agree entirely.  Why did it take so long to get rid of him, and only then because (I gather) because the Brit authorities found it easier to extradite him?

The other point is that this terrorist's family were religious extremists, and should never have been allowed into the country.  Instead, if I understand correctly, they were allowed into the country because their extreme religious beliefs made them a 'target' under the Gadaffi regime?

The Guardian for once, explains Abu Hanza well.

As usual, the EU courts were involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/abu-hamza-arrest-take-so-long-us-terrorism-charges