Bangkok now is under more electronic eyes

webfact

Bangkok now is under more electronic eyes

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FlICRuh29hEgnyvWjRuADnd

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok is now put under tighter security watch following three small bomb explosions in the past few months as more surveillance cameras are being installed and those not functioning replaced.

The main aim of the move is to provide a more comprehensive coverage to ensure greater security for all areas within the capital.

Bangkok has almost 50,000 CCTVs installed. Of these only 20,000 are monitored at the Traffic Control and Command Center at BMA headquarters.

The remaining 30,000 can only record images and store them but cannot transmit in real time.

Officials stated that this was due to fact that they are mostly installed in small Sois and needs a substantial budget for them to be updated.

But officials were confident however that this would not pose a problem as the main responsibility for these locations are local police who continuously check and inspect them.

Mr.Patarut Dardarananda, BMA’s permanent-secretary who led a team of officials to inspect the CCTV cameras in several areas of the capital yesterday, said the BMA is currently coordinating with the Army and police to make upgrades and modifications to the BMA’sr CCTV system in order to provide greater security for Bangkok residents.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-now-electronic-eyes/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-25

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

it seems to me that 3 of the 4 cameras depicted are looking at the same thing..., I wonder if the missing plaque location is opposite?

Look closer, the middle two are angled slightly apart whilst the left one is pointing lower.

It make little difference if no one is watching or reacts at the time if something occurs.

Edited by Bantex

On 5/25/2017 at 9:47 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I certainly hope not !

Neither do I, that's for sure! But is seems that the only concern here is to protect the capital when there are other densely populated areas that need protection as well.

During the 2011 flood they managed to protect Bangkok while here in the northern outskirts we were travelling by boats... but hey, who cares, the capital was spared.