Navy man admits involvement in car laundering

Navy man admits involvement in car laundering

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37Sc0oo5kFDp3Rb4QOkrKPXqrB0gZL89HCVw7J.png

A naval officer attached to the Supreme Command turned himself in at Wang Thong Land police station on Friday to face charge of falsifying documents and used counterfeit documents concerning a Porsche sports car which was already impounded by the police.

Accompanied by officials of the judge-advocate department, Commander Suthat Wantavek reportedly told enquiry officers of Wang Thong Land police station he was aware that the yellow Porsche in question had a fake registration certificate and the car was illegally modified.

After the initial questioning, Suthat was charged with abetting the falsification of official documents. He was later released on 10,000 baht bail.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/navy-man-admits-involvement-car-laundering/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-27

10,000 baht , well done, he's  obviously suffering under a low income in the Navy , incredible, Thailand the greatest country on earth, I love the Thai people, culture, rules, laws and theyre showing the world  how it should really be, if only Id  been lucky enough to had been born Thai,praise the leader.........

16 minutes ago, kannot said:

10,000 baht , well done, he's  obviously suffering under a low income in the Navy , incredible, Thailand the greatest country on earth, I love the Thai people, culture, rules, laws and theyre showing the world  how it should really be, if only Id  been lucky enough to had been born Thai,praise the leader.........

Mercy....The man is obviously a poor sailor driving a 911,

I too love everything about Thailand and the Thai people,

albeit not as much as you...

10K Bail? That's about the lowest I have ever seen. I mean the Russian woman had to cough up 100K bail for feeding fish! 

It's a million Baht for half a gram of ice, but being involved with expensive car dishonesty only costs ten grand.

Am I alone in thinking that The Thai Judicial system needs a review of the pricing they set for bail?

10,000 Baht is ridiculous, no argument here.  Bet the guy is up to his eyeballs in other misdeeds as well.

But on the other hand, I feel stupid giving any of my hard-earned money to this government.  I lived in Finland for a while, and most people felt OK paying taxes.  Maybe grumble that they're too high, but they generally agreed the money was spent well for the most part.  

Here?  It almost makes me want to stop drinking alcohol, knowing most of it gets squandered if not outright stolen.  

The import taxes on cars are so high it's akin to legalized theft.  Of all things that are wrong in Thailand, people evading ridiculously high taxes is something I don't get worked up about.  

If I lived in Sicily, I also wouldn't grumble about shopkeepers evading payment of protection money to the maffia.

Edited by ChidlomDweller

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

10K Bail? That's about the lowest I have ever seen. I mean the Russian woman had to cough up 100K bail for feeding fish! 

It's a million Baht for half a gram of ice, but being involved with expensive car dishonesty only costs ten grand.

Am I alone in thinking that The Thai Judicial system needs a review of the pricing they set for bail?

Lets just say review and leave it at that. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, Moonmoon said:

hi guys 10,000 Baht bail is enough, he has a permanent address, so that means he post no flight risk. 

:cheesy:

ahhhhhhhhhhh but youd  be wrong as his other car is this 

a68a3250667a64251f654d8ff5430395.jpg

On 5/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, Jane Dough said:

If he is involved in car laundering someone should put him in touch with the guy who needs the monk's writings in permanent marker cleaned off his bonnet. 

"Navy man admits involvement in car laundering"

wash.jpg.7f08250d846e67297fdab880c859e2a1.jpg We launder cars and money.