430kg of marijuana found near banks of Mekong

rooster59

430kg of marijuana found near banks of Mekong

By The Sunday Nation

Troops and police seized 430 kilograms of marijuana found abandoned by a road near the banks of the Mekong in Bueng Khong Long in Bueng Kan province in the far Northeast late on Friday night.

Lt Wirat Lapthaisong, chief of a special task force with the Northeast border drug suppression centre, was alerted by an informant that a pile of bags had been spotted on a road in Moo 9 village in Tambon Dongbung in Bueng Khong Long at 11pm.

Wirat alerted Bueng Khong Long police station and troops and police staked out the spot, hoping to arrest anyone showing up to retrieve the bags.

But when no one had arrived by 5am yesterday, police and troops checked the bags and found 430 bars of marijuana each weighing 1kg.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316507

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-28

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder how long it will take for the weed to be reunited with its owner, and how much this is going to cost him.

I wonder where the RTP will find the 400+ buyers of an ounce each!!!

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder how long it will take for the weed to be reunited with its owner, and how much this is going to cost him.

My secret stash.. for personal use.. what have they done :sad: It was just a small stash.. with enough stock for only a few days :stoner:

9 hours ago, wirat69 said:

I wonder where the RTP will find the 400+ buyers of an ounce each!!!

Urrrrr 430kg.....a little more than 400 oz. Anyway would be nice to float it down the Mekong a bit further?

9 hours ago, robblok said:

My secret stash.. for personal use.. what have they done :sad: It was just a small stash.. with enough stock for only a few days :stoner:

Comments like this make people look very bad and silly

I will have to PM for sure as soon as I get the time

Robo that's enough for a few years in the slammer locally, here they would throw away the key.

A forty something acting like a teenager, who simple does not care how much this sH>> causes problems for family's and others.

I have fought against it all my life and seen so much damage to people who got hooked and then went further up the tree to wreck their own lives and others close by

Simple sick to see a comment like this, but their are those who can if they want stop it, especially after screen capture? and no CCA

Disgusted, drugs are a menace to the world.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I would help you take care of it.

Ditto but thanks????????????

Drugs even this grass will not help you have a better life, but those who use it cannot be looked upon as safe people to do business with can they? or take advice from

Have a good life avoid drugs if you have sense.

Edited by wakeupplease

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Robo that's enough for a few years in the slammer locally, here they would throw away the key.

A forty something acting like a teenager, who simple does not care how much this sH>> causes problems for family's and others.

I have fought against it all my life and seen so much damage to people who got hooked and then went further up the tree to wreck their own lives and others close by

Simple sick to see a comment like this, but their are those who can if they want stop it, especially after screen capture? and no CCA

Comments like yours make you look very silly and very ill-informed.

Cigarettes and alcohol kill far more people than marijuana, whereas Marijuana has been proven to be effective in the treatment of glaucoma (my Uncle gets it on the NHS in the UK), Cancers and several other conditions.

It's time for you to smoke a fatty.

Drugs even this grass will not help you have a better life,

Actually you are wrong. Grass helps relieving pain in many diseases, some are terminal ones. But I don't expect pre-conceived people to be informed.

Pot smokers will always defend the weed. Guess that is why they are called pot heads, as weed really does affect the brain

Drugs of all sorts affect the brain, and the thought processes, but the drggies will mostly deny that fact as well.

Just saying.

Geezer

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Pot smokers will always defend the weed. Guess that is why they are called pot heads, as weed really does affect the brain

Drugs of all sorts affect the brain, and the thought processes, but the drggies will mostly deny that fact as well.

Just saying.

Geezer

Your entiteled to your opinion.. and sure drugs do change you but humans have been using drugs since the beginning of time. Only if you don't do any alcohol would i consider your opinion valid. As alcohol is considered a hard drug.. and does far more damage. A pothead might assault a pizza.. we all know how much violence alcohol creates. 

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

The remark was made to be silly and funny... 430 kg enough for a few days.. that is impossible. The drug laws here are crazy they allow a hard drug (alcohol) that does huge amounts of damage but are against a drug that causes far less damage and could replace alcohol for some.

Anyway I don't have to defend myself to the likes of you as you have absolutely no knowledge about drugs, thankfully the rest of the world is slowly catching on and decriminalizing drugs. But I don't do weed/ pot here for 2 reasons.. danger.. and it ruins my diet.. the moment I take it I have no control about my eating habits.. and I would end up a fat blob.. that is the last thing I would want. I am a sports man in good shape and like to keep it that way.

I do wonder if you drink alcohol.. given that its classified a hard drug with far more dangers then pot.. Most people drink.. I am no exception.. but for me its so little would be less then a liter in three months on average. 

Edited by robblok

Alcohol may be a hard drug, but beer is just a alcohol drug that makes you fat, and have to hit the john more.  Hard liquer like Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, etc

is the hard drug of alcohol. just as pot may not be a hard drug, but hash and heroin etc is hard drugs, as well as the pill gang of drugs that are

now killing lots of people around the world. Alcohol will kill to , if you drink too much hard liquer and go driving about, or when your liver gives out.

I have seen many more people killed from getting bad drugs, from bad dealers, than people who go out and buy alcohol.

Just my observation over the last 60 years.

48 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Alcohol may be a hard drug, but beer is just a alcohol drug that makes you fat, and have to hit the john more.  Hard liquer like Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, etc

is the hard drug of alcohol. just as pot may not be a hard drug, but hash and heroin etc is hard drugs, as well as the pill gang of drugs that are

now killing lots of people around the world. Alcohol will kill to , if you drink too much hard liquer and go driving about, or when your liver gives out.

I have seen many more people killed from getting bad drugs, from bad dealers, than people who go out and buy alcohol.

Just my observation over the last 60 years.

The old gateway drug theory has been discredited years ago.. your showing your age. In the Netherlands we have 16.000.000 people and had below 150 murders.... and we got a liberal drug system. I believe in the US they have a harsh drug system in many states... don't even want to ask how much more murders there are there. So your argument is crazy.

Also you won't find people dying from pot.. but plenty from alcohol.. alcohol in beer is the same alcohol as in hard liquors.. there is no difference (you might want to delude yourself there is but there is none). Alcohol in beer is still a hard drug and there are almost no drugs that cause more aggression than alcohol.. same cannot be said about pot.. potheads assault a pizza... beer drinkers... each-other and other innocent people. 

Your observations come from illegal drugs.. but in my country it was always legal.. no dealers for weed.. no crime (just one stupid rule about the growing part). I get it your old school.. your age shows that you should educate yourself more. But often people stick with their opinions even when proven wrong.

But right now... beer is legal and pot is not.. so its better to get caught drunk driving then with 10 grams of harmless pot.  Makes a lot of sense.  

More deaths and mayhem from "LEGAL" alcohol and F_____G Cigarettes.. Powers that be should start to analyze and critically think about this backward situation.

Think of the income for public infrastructure..

About Time

People do not go putting fentenal or other poisons in Beer, unless they are out to kill someone deliberately.

Car fentenol is even very deadly and killng lots of people now. I hve had many friends who started into drugs

by smoking pot, then headed for other drugs as pot did not give them the high they craved.  So yes alcohol can kill

but so do drugs, legal or not.  I also do not go out and buy suspect alcohol from a back alley, but in a regulated

store, and I have brewed up my own beer and wine and neither product killed me like a bad batch of drugs surely can.

See the difference? In your legal drug country, maybe you have a better chance than America or Canada, so count yourself

lucky, and toke up man, relax!

Geezer

8 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

People do not go putting fentenal or other poisons in Beer, unless they are out to kill someone deliberately.

Car fentenol is even very deadly and killng lots of people now. I hve had many friends who started into drugs

by smoking pot, then headed for other drugs as pot did not give them the high they craved.  So yes alcohol can kill

but so do drugs, legal or not.  I also do not go out and buy suspect alcohol from a back alley, but in a regulated

store, and I have brewed up my own beer and wine and neither product killed me like a bad batch of drugs surely can.

See the difference? In your legal drug country, maybe you have a better chance than America or Canada, so count yourself

lucky, and toke up man, relax!

Geezer

Your constantly talking about other drugs.. we are talking about pot here.. pot does not kill and the gateway drug theory has been discredited eons ago. Alcohol on the other hand kills and makes people violent. You should read some real research about drugs instead of believing propaganda. Find me one instance of pot overdose.. i can find million of alcohol deaths. 

"9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity."

US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition" (Docket #86-22), September 6, 1988, p. 56-57.

"The leading causes of death in 2000 were tobacco (435,000 deaths; 18.1% of total US deaths), poor diet and physical inactivity (400,000 deaths; 16.6%), and alcohol consumption (85,000 deaths; 3.5%).

Edited by robblok

On 5/28/2017 at 10:58 PM, wakeupplease said:

Absolutely !!! They should ban all drugs starting with the ones that kill the most and do the most damage to society - nicotine and alcohol!