Police raid homes of slain Lahu activist’s family, friends

webfact

Police raid homes of slain Lahu activist’s family, friends

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Chaiyaphum-696x522.jpg  

Police Lt. Gen. Poonsub Prasertsak talks to a woman during Friday morning raids of ethnic communities in Chiang Mai province.

CHIANG MAI — Police raided the homes of family and associates of a slain ethnic Lahu activist Monday as part of what authorities said was a drug interdiction effort in Chiang Mai province.

One of five people arrested in the morning raids was Chanthana Pasae, a 20-year-old relative of Lahu youth activist Chaiyaphum Pasae, who was shot dead by soldiers two months ago under disputed circumstances, according to another stateless activist.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/05/29/police-raid-homes-slain-lahu-activists-family-friends/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-29

Disgusting intimidating bunch, same old - same old. Found any drugs as alleged ...?? Well, didn't think so.

Or maybe just looking for VIEWABLE footage of that connected killing for a change? Nothing to be heard about that topic since >sorry, po-lice cannot view it because of wrong software< weeks ago ... downright ridiculous these clowns - again. 

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

CHIANG MAI — Police raided the homes of family and associates of a slain ethnic Lahu activist Monday as part of what authorities said was a drug interdiction effort in Chiang Mai province.

I am sure they would not find drugs there unless they appeared by divine intervention. 

If they had found any drugs I am sure we would have heard about it by now. They would have been waving them in the air for the cameras to see, even if it was only half a spliff. Seems to me, as for everyone else it seems, that this is a good old fashioned intimidation exercise, designed to shut up the family and witnesses of someone they murdered. Very few people will fail to see through this miserable attempt.

12 minutes ago, champers said:

This will resurrect the story internationally and will do more harm than good for the image of Thailand. If the Govt is keen to attract foreign investment this is an odd way to behave.

Yessir, hopefully so!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police raided the homes of family and associates of a slain ethnic Lahu activist Monday as part of what authorities said was a drug interdiction effort in Chiang Mai province.

Yeah right...

6 hours ago, champers said:

This will resurrect the story internationally and will do more harm than good for the image of Thailand. If the Govt is keen to attract foreign investment this is an odd way to behave.

Yeah, but the 'government' aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.  In fact to call them stupid would be an insult to stupid people. 

55 minutes ago, oneiron said:

Sorry to say but this has ruined the last bit of faith I had in the current military Thai government.

I daresay that your last bit of faith lasted a long time. As for myself, I am always amazed that my disdain for the Royal Thai Police can even reach lower lows..

But as always, when it inevitably occurs, well here it is....Chaiyo!

17 hours ago, oneiron said:

Sorry to say but this has ruined the last bit of faith I had in the current military Thai government.

It has taken you this long to lose your faith in Prayut?   I lost mine way back during the Koh Tao fiasco when he failed to act in the face of blatant police incompetence.