PM says election questions response to politicians attacking junta

webfact

PM says election questions response to politicians attacking junta
By The Nation

33badba710a54748483bb90993391703.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Monday that he initiated four election-related questions for the public to answer to counter politicians who “keep discrediting” his junta government.

“They [politicians] can strike me, so I have to ask them back also,” Prayut said. “Do you have to listen to only them? Don’t I have any chance to speak up?

“I never said, even once, that there’ll be no election. Why did they interpret my words in such a way?

“Many of them spoke in a damaging way. Who would you call up in the future when there are problems? Prayut won’t be there anymore. Also, don’t ask the military to stage a coup. No one wants to do that if you didn’t create problems.”  

Prayut spoke in response to many politicians who disagree with the premier’s four questions on the election and politicians, in which he encouraged people to submit their answers to government-run complaints centres across the country.

They said that the premier’s questions were seemingly designed to determine if politicians were being reasonable, and were designed to lead to answers that were in line with the junta’s intentions rather than really seeking genuine opinions. 

But Prayut said: “They want to discredit us because they want everything to return to the same. Same constitution. Same laws. They don’t want anything new. Let me ask you: Would Thai people want any change?”

He said that “some political party”, apparently referring to the Pheu Thai Party, wants to implement another rice-pledging scheme and other populist policies.

“What would people do if problems come up again?” he said.

In his weekly national address on Friday night, the Prime Minister said Thais should answer the four questions before the country goes to the polls.

The questions are: 

Do you think the next election will get Thailand a government with good governance? 

If that is not the case, what will you do? 

Elections are an integral part of democracy but are elections alone, with no regards for the country’s future and others, right or wrong? 

Do you think bad politicians should be given the chance to come back to politics, and if conflict re-emerges, who will solve it and by what means?

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316622

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-29

That's gow democracy works. Sometimes you choose great leaders, sometimes you choose a Trump. 

Whatever the case, it's not for him to choose or hold over the people.

Someone should also also remind him that it's the military that keeps seizing control of the nation. He should be lecturing his generals.

“Many of them spoke in a damaging way. Who would you call up in the future when there are problems? Prayut won’t be there anymore. Also, don’t ask the military to stage a coup. No one wants to do that if you didn’t create problems.”  

This guy is unbelievable. the part about Prayut will not be there anymore. is like he thinks without him the country will flounder. A bit of an ego gone ballistic maybe.?I said maybe no offence right.and it was a question.

The one Do not ask the military to stage a coup makes me wonder also. Who ask for all the coups this country has had?

Like every thing that has happened in the last 3 years this will probably follow the same route. The government makes a statement today that elections will not be delayed and then tomorrow they will announce a delay in election.

“I never said, even once, that there’ll be no election. Why did they interpret my words in such a way?

I am excited waiting to see how this plays out. Lets just hope I do not wait in jail for this post.

I have some reassuring words for the General. Ignore those politicians. You have the ace card to grant the election or not. You also have the charter and the house all sewn up for your dominance next 20 years. If that fail, Suthep is waiting your command to step in and create the situation for your ultimate weapon of choice. Nothing should upset you Sir. 

11 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

He needs a hug, this poor misinterpreted, misunderstood, misquoted but well-meaning father.

Yes, and he will continue to have a profound, negative effect on the country now and in the future.   He may be well meaning, but he misses a lot.

I think the Pm was asked is he going to stand in the election? i think he should answer that in this way  " I am PM unelected and i intend to stay like that for years so no need for elections" ha ha i funny guy you think i call elections when i already Pm 

"Don't I have any chance to speak up?"

Er.... well yes PM, you do actually, anywhere and at anytime you are guaranteed blanket media coverage on all networks, not to mention your Friday night monologue.

But those pesky people insist on asking awkward questions,

It's just not fair.

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

That's gow democracy works. Sometimes you choose great leaders, sometimes you choose a Trump. 

Whatever the case, it's not for him to choose or hold over the people.

Someone should also also remind him that it's the military that keeps seizing control of the nation. He should be lecturing his generals.

Nice to see you mention great leaders twice in your first para.

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

33badba710a54748483bb90993391703.jpeg

He needs a hug, this poor misinterpreted, misunderstood, misquoted but well-meaning father.

Why is it that for years I always hear the music of the Benny Hill show in the background when he holds one of his televised Friday sermons?

On 5/29/2017 at 3:38 PM, webfact said:

Would Thai people want any change?”

Yes. Prayut, take your soldiers, guns and tanks away and leave the Thai People to handle their sovereign affairs.

You want change? Swear loyalty to the Thai People and not to yourselves.