Agriculture Ministry eyes children’s milk intake to be increased to 25 litres per year

Agriculture Ministry eyes children’s milk intake to be increased to 25 litres per year

IMG_1774.jpg

Thai children are drinking too little milk – averaging 18 litres a year – and the Ministry of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives has set a target to increase annual milk intake among children to 25 litres per head.

To mark the World Milk Day on June 1 today, the ministry released nine caravans of cars from their gathering point at Macro wholesale modern trade store in Lat Phra toward nine routes to campaign for Thai children to drink more milk.

Free milk were distributed to visitors to Khao Din today and the handouts will continue until June 4.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/agriculture-ministry-eyes-childrens-milk-intake-increased-25-litres-per-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-6-1

13 minutes ago, Lunchbob said:

Humans have no requirement for animal milk

But women always complain when asked to assist with my black coffee. The cupicino usually gets me a slap in the face!

Something to do with the gigi gig to produce the froth. So i believe.

Edited by Reigntax

There's a letter in the Nation today explaining that drinking cows milk does not contribute to calcium build-up in the bones but actually depletes it.

Who to believe?

As a young man I drank a 'pinta-milk-day' and enjoyed it now it's just a cupful with my cereal breakfast.

I'm sure that I have no requirement for spaghetti Bolgnese, beer,gin, proper cider, good cheese and pretty girls either - but I like them also!

18L of milk isn't...wasn't...even a 1 week thing for me haha

Still drink too much at any rate but heavily reduced from my prime days.  I can't boast about feeling better/worse than before since I'm still young and my body still takes a beating, but the one thing I notice not having is this ball of slime "throughout the day" sitting in my throat, other than that, well. I managed to lay off soda and other stupid crap but milk is a different level for me to overcome still. Keeping in mind that I'm european and I'm lactose tolerant AF, I don't have any quick warning signs to make me stop any faster besides getting my mind behind it....but it's so delicious to me :/

Babies are another story for itself, but overall I will need to concede milk is anything but this amazing drink that the mainstream has been pushing about it for so long and pretty much still  is.

With that said, the Ministry of Agriculture is promoting the spreading of white supremacy and being racist :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, tomyummer said:

Obviously the event and PR paid for by the dairy industry.

I'm not convinced that the multinational companies flogging some sort of powder in supermarkets, really qualify as "Dairy Industry" 

On 1-6-2017 at 2:33 PM, Lunchbob said:

Adult human beings no. Young human beings, yes. We dutch are the tallest people in the world. Average intake on an daily basis by a young human: 1 1/2  liters of full fat cow's milk. Plus , of course, 2 slices of bread with proper cheese. Dutch cheese.

3 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Adult human beings no. Young human beings, yes. We dutch are the tallest people in the world. Average intake on an daily basis by a young human: 1 1/2  liters of full fat cow's milk. Plus , of course, 2 slices of bread with proper cheese. Dutch cheese.

Just think how tall you could be if you ate (proper) British cheese. :smile:

gazza4

Wrong, milk you buy in the supermarket  or 7-11 ,is 100% fresh milk ,a lot of the  flavoured milks you buy ,a lot of those  are make from powdered milk , imported from Australia.

If you look at the photo with this article  it shows  a red cow and calf ,that is the logo of the Thai -Denmark milk group , the only milk company in Thailand that  uses only  100% fresh milk .

Their other arm is the DPO ,the Dairy promotional  Organization of  Thailand , who was doing  some of the  promotion  ,along with  the Min of Agg

As for  getting kids to drink 25 lt of milk a year , tall order will not happen , kids like the fizzy stuff more ,without working it all out ,can the Thai dairy industry  actually provide  that much fresh milk .