Unidentified British man killed in Phuket crash

snoop1130

Unidentified British man killed in Phuket crash

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201762152627613_uEfCUiKbkeDCDuoHNFmgUiQUVqmrcOXXTCZokkPV_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Police are trying to identify a British man who was killed in an early morning crash in Chalong today. 

From witnesses’ accounts, police believe the victim lost control of his bike and crashed into a wall at a bend in the road. 

“The accident occurred at about 2:40am in Soi Ta-Lad about 50 meters from Chao Fa East Road. At the scene, we found a heavily damaged Honda Click motorbike and the body of a foreign man whose face was covered in blood,” said Capt Somkiet Sarasit of Chalong Police. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Unidentified-British-man-killed-Phuket-crash/66652?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-6-2

So then how do they know he is British.? Did he have a tattoo of Liz on his cheek?

So he had a phone. The RTP havent worked out how to call someone or wait until it rings and ask, or send a nessage?

Edited by Reigntax

20 minutes ago, royalmice said:

How do they know he is british, if he is unidentified ??

If you read the full article you will find this:

"He was not carrying any ID, but officers found a mobile phone in his pocket. They learned that he is a British national, but have yet to uncover further details"

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why not dial one of the numbers saved and ask who the phone belongs to?

Do you have a lock on your telephone? And numbers stored on the phone or the SIM?

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

If you read the full article you will find this:

"He was not carrying any ID, but officers found a mobile phone in his pocket. They learned that he is a British national, but have yet to uncover further details"

And it is quite possible that they will not reveal his identity until they have contacted his family so I think all of these rants of how clueless the BiB are, are a bit premature. The main point of this story is that here is yet another needless death of someone who was here to supposedly enjoy them selves. Someone else who also thought helmets are not going to protect the brain, at least better than nothing at all. Now I'll wait for the barrage of indignant bike riders to reply, who think they are so clever as to not fall off so don't need protection. Early morning, fair chance alcohol was involved, no helmet = recipe for death.

36 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

And it is quite possible that they will not reveal his identity until they have contacted his family so I think all of these rants of how clueless the BiB are, are a bit premature. The main point of this story is that here is yet another needless death of someone who was here to supposedly enjoy them selves. Someone else who also thought helmets are not going to protect the brain, at least better than nothing at all. Now I'll wait for the barrage of indignant bike riders to reply, who think they are so clever as to not fall off so don't need protection. Early morning, fair chance alcohol was involved, no helmet = recipe for death.

Agreed, from the photograph & the description of face covered in blood it looks like he smashed into the wall and a helmet would have helped but we'll never know how much though.

British man, 30, dies in crash on Phuket’s Muay Thai street
Shela Riva

1496473617_1-org.jpg

Mr Hitman died after crashing into a wall on Soi Ta-iad in Chalong. Photo: Harry Isaac Hitman/Facebook

PHUKET: A 30-year-old British man died yesterday (June 2) when he crashed his motorbike into a wall on Phuket’s famed Muay Thai street, Soi Ta-iad, at around 2.30am in the morning.

Capt Somkiet Sarasit of the Chalong Police confirmed today (June 3) that the man, Harry Isaac Hitman, crashed into the cement block wall and was dead at the scene by the time they had arrived.

“It is highly likely that Mr Hitman was driving too fast, lost control, and crashed into the wall. He wasn’t wearing a helmet,” said Capt Somkiet.

“The accident took place on Soi Ta-iad about 50 metres from the junction with Chao Fa East Rd, close to the Home Mart hardware store.

“There were no eyewitnesses who saw the crash, but people found the man’s body in the road soon after it had happened,” he added.

Capt Somkiet explained that Mr Hitman held a valid UK driver’s licence for both a motorbike and car and that he was in the country on a tourist visa.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-30-dies-in-crash-on-phuket-muay-thai-street-62436.php#pqaBitYCwU0LBL4g.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-03

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Do you have a lock on your telephone? And numbers stored on the phone or the SIM?

Don't you think somebody in Tuk Com could unlock the phone? Even put the sim in another phone.

2 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Don't you think somebody in Tuk Com could unlock the phone? Even put the sim in another phone.

What is Tuk Com?

How does putting the SIM in another phone help if the numbers are stored on the phone?

22 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Who the hell, other than an idiot, goes out without any ID on them? 

Oh, and no helmet.  So it goes. 

Sorry this may have gone way over my head, why would I need to take my ID out with me? 

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

What is Tuk Com?

How does putting the SIM in another phone help if the numbers are stored on the phone?

Tuk Com is a shopping center in Pattaya, primarily for electronics.  Similar to Pantip Plaza in Bangkok, but a lot smaller.

The sim card could be put in another phone and then used to ring the phone of another police officer. (provided there is no Sim lock PIN activated)  The deceased's phone number will appear on the officer's phone.  They can then use that number to find who it is registered to, which may possibly be the deceased.  This information can then be matched to the "Alien's" accommodation registration.

6 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Wear a helmet, sure.  Great idea.

But don't let that fool yourself into thinking that riding a scooter is safe.  Even with a helmet, it's still 20-40 times more dangerous than riding in a 4 wheel vehicle.

Beers and helmets just make you think you're indestructible.  And overconfidence brought on by either probably kills a lot of scooter riders.

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

What is Tuk Com?

Because maybe some or all numbers are stored on the sim.

7 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

Because maybe some or all numbers are stored on the sim.

As I wrote earlier, they could also be on the phone, which could very well be locked.

Just now, stevenl said:

As I wrote earlier, they could also be on the phone, which could very well be locked.

So you wouldn't be bothered to check. Ho hum, takes all sorts.

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Why not dial one of the numbers saved and ask who the phone belongs to?

Cop having opened the 'phone which was not pin protected says: "Hello. I'm speaking from the 'phone of a man who has just died. Who are you and do you know the owner of this number?"

1 hour ago, hugh2121 said:

So you wouldn't be bothered to check. Ho hum, takes all sorts.

Strange conclusion you come with.

I am just fed up with the posters presuming the Thai police are idiots.