English teacher "wais" and says sorry for attacking a primary school student - but now faces immigration enquiry.

rooster59

4 hours ago, Suttisan said:

their English is worse than tarts.

Objection.  My only conversation with a Thai Head of English began; 'Me number 1 Angrit teach in sakoon.' Most bar girls I know manage to make their meaning plainer than this.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He looks like a sack of shit!  If he was wai-ing the mother in the photo, it would have been polite to look at her.  Just the look of him, and the smarmy smile, tell me he is unfit to be a teacher!  The director is just as guilty.  The pair of then should be sacked.  Shame only one of them can be deported.

1 hour ago, CaptHaddock said:

Which begs the question, "Why would any educated foreigner want to work such a job?"

Especially in a dump like Langsuan. The school will have difficulty replacing him, which is probably part of the reason they tried to keep it quiet.

Many English teachers do not possess teaching qualifications. I met 1 who was a carpenter back in the UK but in Thailand he is an English Teacher.He is not the only 1.My friend's son is teaching in Chiang mai.Many more ..same same....??why the fuss now or is it to punish him?

5 hours ago, tomwct said:

He looks like he's dressed to go to the beach. I hope he didn't buy his credentials in Khao son road.

Maybe... many do...but anyway let's not start the whole ruck of "teachers" with fake degrees, no work permits (often because the school won't supply them), working on retirement extensions or tourist visas where it clearly states employment prohibited. But TIT!!!!!!

The whole Thai education system would crumble!!!?

Personally I don't see why you would want to bother teaching in Thailand for s**t money, long hours and treated as second class. I gave up teaching in the UK because the teachers had less rights than the most of the naughty kids..but they had ADHD so that was ok then plus long hours, no respect but decent pay.

Why stress yourself out in Thailand when we came here to relax from the rat race.

Yes I know there are some legitimate teachers out there!!!! So please don't whinge.

On another note I could not help but chuckle at the mothers name of "suay". Now I might not have my beer goggles on but maybe in her younger years...?????

Edited by Grauwulf

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

while the teacher was legally in Thailand there are irregularities about his teaching qualifications.

what a shock! I have met many foreign English teachers in Thai that I had trouble understanding. No reflection on the good ones.

Many English teachers do not possess teaching qualifications. I met 1 who was a carpenter back in the UK but in Thailand he is an English Teacher.He is not the only 1.My friend's son is teaching in Chiang mai.Many more ..same same....??why the fuss now or is it to punish him?

5 hours ago, davethailand said:

He looks like the sort of Guy I'd love to have teaching my stepkids. NOT! How dare he even touch one of the kids.

Kick him out.

:)

Teachers ? They are not teachers. Real teachers don't behave this way. No matter Thai or farang. 

Another ediot who has become a teacher.

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The foreign teacher at the center of an online furor after he attacked a P5 student during an English class has wai-ed the child and his mother in apology."

They keep telling foreigners to learn the "Thai Way" to behave. Now that someone has followed that advice and is acting in the traditional Thai manner for treating students, they want to kick him out of the country. Go figure. 

They do that bc his papers are not ok he was teaching illegally so bye bye.

5 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

The U.K. should not be dragged into the mud here. He may very well be a teacher of the English language, but he looks like an ozzie reject from Wolf Creek !

Looks like a Phillipino to me, that would fit because they're cheap and don't mind working the long hours....

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"The foreign teacher at the center of an online furor after he attacked a P5 student during an English class has wai-ed the child and his mother in apology."

They keep telling foreigners to learn the "Thai Way" to behave. Now that someone has followed that advice and is acting in the traditional Thai manner for treating students, they want to kick him out of the country. Go figure. 

There is no excuse for any violence towards children, if the report about what was said about the way the punishment was administered is true, then it should be

automatic jail time for the teacher. 

5 hours ago, Suttisan said:

I worked in a government school about 12 years ago, the Thai teachers were always smacking the kids. This guy lost his cool because he thinks being a teacher in a thai government school is something to be taken seriously. You pay peanuts you get monkeys, I'd also be surprised if any foreign teachers in these thai schools have degrees in English or education (no one did when I was doing it), why would anyone spend 4 years studying and work for 35,000 thb per month? I think we can all agree that sort of money just isn't worth it, not to mention the fact that the thai teachers don't like you because the reason you're there is because their English is worse than tarts. 

All so true it's the most horrible job working in a Thai school I did it once never again, kids were awful teachers hate you, 

1 hour ago, Fulwell53 said:

Mistreatment of kids is neither approved or permitted by anyone in thailand and you well know it.

To suggest it is a known and accepted practice in thailand is bordering on racist.

Are you saying that there are no instances of Thai teachers striking children?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Dick head if he is a true English teacher he knows the days of touching kids are over and have been for years. Bung the prat in jail and then kick him out, hope he is not a Brit as the Sh>> will hit the fan if he goes back to the UK, maybe jail again. IDIOT HE IS

He can always go back to being a cabby in Dagenham.

All so true it's the most horrible job working in a Thai school I did it once never again, kids were awful teachers hate you, 

Strange that - I find the children pleasant, and for the most part well mannered if boisterous, and I get on well with most of the teachers.

Horses for courses I suppose...