Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians

rooster59

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

There is this bizarre idea, repeatedly aired by people like you, that there is some special validity to the thoughts of people who have lost relatives because of violence.  Maybe you're right. Maybe we should put vengeful and angry people, if in fact they are raging and vengeful, in charge of the police and armed services. I mean, who is better suited to devise strategy and tactics than a person beset with grief and rage? Keeping a cool head when all around you are losing theirs is highly overrated.  And while you're at it, be sure to recruit that stiff upper lip into a raging pout.

As expected, more irrelevant tripe and a non-answer to my criticism of your indefensible statement.

Keep digging..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keeping a cool head when all around you are losing theirs is highly overrated.  And while you're at it, be sure to recruit that stiff upper lip into a raging pout.

What do we do once we've kept a cool head?  What's the next step?

There is this bizarre idea, repeatedly aired by people like you, that there is some special validity to the thoughts of people who have lost relatives because of violence.  Maybe you're right. Maybe we should put vengeful and angry people, if in fact they are raging and vengeful, in charge of the police and armed services. I mean, who is better suited to devise strategy and tactics than a person beset with grief and rage? Keeping a cool head when all around you are losing theirs is highly overrated.  And while you're at it, be sure to recruit that stiff upper lip into a raging pout.

But apathy like yours is what has caused the whole maelstrom of hate towards the indigenous population of the UK. It has been allowed to fester and now I have never seen the country so angry, except the luvvies of course!

16 minutes ago, saminoz said:

As expected, more irrelevant tripe and a non-answer to my criticism of your indefensible statement.

Keep digging..

It's not enough to just say something is irrelevant. You should be able to show why it's irrelevant. I think this is your go-to response when a comment goes over your head.

Edited by ilostmypassword

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's not enough to just say something is irrelevant. You should be able to show why it's irrelevant. I think that's what you say when comments go over your head.

Okay, answer my question then.  

Just now, GuiseppeD said:

Okay, answer my question then.  

You have to determine what a realistic goal is.  For example people who say anything greater than 0 deaths is unacceptable are grandstanding but not being realistic.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

You have to determine what a realistic goal is.  For example people who say anything greater than 0 deaths is unacceptable are grandstanding but not being realistic.

Doesn't make sense at all, my friend.  

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

I want to see more severity and if that means dead enemy combatants, then so be it. 

What is your aim?

A flame has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

That's not a very useful comment. Be specific.

You be specific.  Dead bodies all over the place and you still don't answer the dozens of questions of how we deal with this.

I want war.  What do you want?

6 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Had you read my post you would have seen that not even the Israelis are able to stop completely these attacks.  But I guess to your way of thinking the Israelis are punks who are allowing themselves to be bullied by those terrorists.  I also pointed out with hard evidence that contrary to the assertion that the Europeans are doing nothing they are acting vigorously and successfully to stop attacks. But like the Israelis, they are never going to make it to 100%.  And people who demand a 100% success rate are just demagoguing the issue.  They certainly aren't using their power of reason.

First you tried to use Northern Ireland, now it's Israel's problems vs the UK's problems. Apples and oranges arguments 100% :coffee1:.

53 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

You be specific.  Dead bodies all over the place and you still don't answer the dozens of questions of how we deal with this.

I want war.  What do you want?

How much are you willing to spend? What programs will you sacrifice to pursue this war? Please share with us your cost/benefit analylsis of this war you plan to pursue.

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm again drawn towards the idea of a remote uninhabited island in the Outer Hebrides or South Atlantic where all 'bite the hands that feed'' merchants can be exiled without passing go or collecting £200.

monopoly-gotojail.gif~c200

It's an excellent idea, coupled with the alternative of revoking their British passports and deporting them to the country of their second passports.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

It's an excellent idea, coupled with the alternative of revoking their British passports and deporting them to the country of their second passports.

Or we can severely fight back and hurt them and their families.  

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Because that will certainly stop fanatics and definitely not create more. Good, clear thinking!

Nobody gives a flying monkey what you think.  You're largely ignored now.

Edited by GuiseppeD

10 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

Nobody gives a flying monkey what you think.  You're largely ignored now.

Just practice the gospel of St lostmypassport and we cant go wrong.

According to him, with a 65 million plus population in the UK, the Islamic Terrorists are only killing a "pinprick" so there is no need to do anything.

After all, what does it matter if just a pinprick of people are slaughtered by Islamic Terrorists as we must not infringe on there rights to slaughter innocent life in the name of Islam.

Reports are that from the first 999 call to the last bullet fired was less then 10 minutes...

Also great acts of bravery with people throwing bottles, beer and wine glasses, chairs, tables and even bread creates at the murdering bastards...

London was not taking this lying down, London fought back:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's good that people tried to fight, but they were at a big disadvantage.  If there are many more attacks I will  understand if people feel they need to arm themselves.  The police did a great job, but they can't be there in an instant.  Perhaps every citizen should have the right to self defence.  Whether that means handguns, tasers, batons, mace spray... I don't know, but clearly the situation is just not acceptable at present.  If a couple of people had been armed, then possibly no stabbings would have happened, and the attackers might even have thought twice about even being there.  Food for thought!

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Reports are that from the first 999 call to the last bullet fired was less then 10 minutes...

Also great acts of bravery with people throwing bottles, beer and wine glasses, chairs, tables and even bread creates at the murdering bastards...

London was not taking this lying down, London fought back:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I believe reports were suggesting it was 8 minutes to appear on the scene. I would think the police will be reviewing times/location of response units.

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It's good that people tried to fight, but they were at a big disadvantage.  If there are many more attacks I will  understand if people feel they need to arm themselves.  The police did a great job, but they can't be there in an instant.  Perhaps every citizen should have the right to self defence.  Whether that means handguns, tasers, batons, mace spray... I don't know, but clearly the situation is just not acceptable at present.  If a couple of people had been armed, then possibly no stabbings would have happened, and the attackers might even have thought twice about even being there.  Food for thought!

I do not think it a good idea to allow Joe public to carry weapons for self defence as it will allow criminals to carry weapons unchallenged.

Better thing to do is think what you could do if you found yourself in a similar situation.

Official advice: Run, Hide, Tell...

I know when one finds oneself in a situation like that the brain does not work to well, but I always consider what I would do in such a situation.

Run is probably best action, but I am not a good runner.

Defending myself, lobbing things at them... beer and wine bottle (full), chairs and tables, (near by construction site), bricks, if they are wearing a suicide vest then keep them as far away as possible.  

Fire extinguisher could be a useful weapon, spray in their face, blind them, lash out, swing it at arms length, aim at the the head or knees, throw it at them.

I was surprised at the very quick media praise of the 8 minute response time. 8 minutes is one hell of a long time with knife weilding maniacs on the rampage. This is not some sleepy backwater in the English Countryside, after Covent Garden / Leicester Squate this is probably the most like target for such an attack, add to that London is on the highest possible state of terror alert. Also the first law enforcement officers on the scene (we dont know what time had elapsed) were ill equipped and unable to be effective despite what appear to be heroic efforts.

As far as i can gather it appears that 8  armed officers were involved in the extermination of the attackers. Did they all arrive at he same time ?? are were they patiently waiting for further armed support whilst their unarmed colleagues and citizens were being slaughtered.

There are many questions which need to be asked but in this location, 8 minutes does not sound good to me.

i am not suggesting in any way that the UK take to route of some other countries. However it did occur to me if a similar attack occured (even in a sleepy tourist resort)  in the P'pinnes there would have been half a dozen or more security guards equipped with lethal force able to respond in 1  minute.

30 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I do not think it a good idea to allow Joe public to carry weapons for self defence as it will allow criminals to carry weapons unchallenged.

Better thing to do is think what you could do if you found yourself in a similar situation.

I know when one finds oneself in a situation like that the brain does not work to well, but I always consider what I would do in such a situation.

Run is probably best action, but I am not a good runner.

Defending myself, lobbing things at them... beer and wine bottle (full), chairs and tables, (near by construction site), bricks, if they are wearing a suicide vest then keep them as far away as possible.  

Fire extinguisher could be a useful weapon, spray in their face, blind them, lash out, swing it at arms length, aim at the the head or knees, throw it at them.

Yes I understand your point.  But the goalposts have shifted.  Who wants to be a sitting duck?

I blame all this on the Koran. Muslims want to follow the Koran 100% . The laws in a western country must be respected by everyone but muslims believe that the whole world is centered around that book.  

59 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Good advice.

Unless you are trained in how to respond, you only get in the way.

Unless you life is in immediate danger, clear out as quick as you can. If in danger, lash out with whatever is to hand.