Chinese businessman’s gold necklace snatched in Pattaya

webfact

Chinese businessman’s gold necklace snatched in Pattaya
By The Nation

PATTAYA: -- A Chinese businessman told Pattaya police his Bt200,000 gold necklace was snatched by a motorcyclist late Sunday night.

Chen Congshen, 25, who owns a jewellery shop in Pattaya, waited for police at the scene of the theft behind the Central Marina shopping mall at about 11.30pm.

He said he was walking on a roadside and a motorcyclist snatched his necklace and sped off.

Police planned to check security camera footage in a bid to locate the thief.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317215

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-05

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Owns a jewelry shop in Pattaya, yet knowing all the thefts going on with ride by snatches, he still walks around with a supposedly 200.000 baht necklace.

I smell insurance scam going on.

May be should close all jewellery shops then, or do you suggest that people buy jewellery to put in their home safety box, so then you can then criticise them when their home get burgled?

You smell an insurance scam, I rather smell a tvf carper.

Edited by janclaes47

BREAKING NEWS: ALL FOREIGN TOURISTS MUST LEAVE THEIR GOLD NECKLACES AND VALUABLE JEWELLERY AT THE POINT OF ENTRY to ease the pressure on local cops who have to file daily reports of gold necklaces Snatch N Run cases.

There will be a proposal to ERECT automated cabinets similar to safety deposit boxes at every point of entry where you have to rent a box for the duration of your visit.

Of course you will need to purchase an insurance policy from the adjacent "insurance vending machine" ?

Edited by Mickmouse1

15 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Why does this always seem to Chinese and Indians?

Chinese and indians use gold as a status symbol alot. Less done by westerners.

Mr. T gets away with it because no one would mess with him. But a skinny little Chinese person or a slow walking stomach protruding Indian are very easy pickings.

fact it was a local resident suggests extreme stupidity at best.

Edited by JayBird

1 hour ago, hgma said:

The minute i saw him and he wasn't to keen to be streamed i felt something wrong........

not a scratch also!

If I owned a shop and occasionally carried valuable inventory around with me, I'd be a little reluctant to advertise that fact to the world, too.

6 hours ago, thaiman said:

This is what happens when you try and show the world how great you are.  The world bites back and shows how insignificant you really are.

These effiminate guys and their gold chains just give me the creeps, I would hate to be in the company of them with their sing song voices,

and these girly actions, along with their effiminate hand movements.

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

should know by now if you flash gold you will lose it more often than not and that's anywhere in the world

I don't see the Africans in BKK or Pattaya worried about walking around the place flashing their bling-bling. Maybe the Thais are scared of them?

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

Mr. T gets away with it because no one would mess with him. But a skinny little Chinese person or a slow walking stomach protruding Indian are very easy pickings.

Now Mr. T, he's one big baller showing off his bling-bling

3 hours ago, JayBird said:

I was only just thinking,that its always Chinese and Indians. There was one English guy, one time. He said that some lady boys mugged him for his watch and necklace. But the funniest thing he said was, that they weren't interested in his ring, probably because it was small and inconspicuous.I fell about after reading that. The comments nearly started a thread on their own.

I dont even think that its insurance scams, because i think there is a limit on what the can claim.

People must be well stupid to wear that sort of bling, on show,here.So many druggies and thieves who just want the gold value, not the piece in its entirety, they dont care if they break it.

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

should know by now if you flash gold you will lose it more often than not and that's anywhere in the world

Agree, but you would have to know what places not to be in.Here it seems to be the beach road area. Pattaya is so famous for stupid ,Gold wearing idiots, that any dark street or similar is game. I am a Londoner, and this sort of theft is not usual. I guess it must be that our roads are wider and better lit.Motor bike snatching is not so well known there as it is here.

When I am inThailand I even wear my cheap Canadian ring, and not my nice Thai gold one. No neck laces

or neck chains, or fancy watches.  When I see these people who feel that they have to show off their

expensve chains then have them grabbed, I just laugh at their stupidity. Som Nom Nah

Geezer

19 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Why does this always seem to Chinese and Indians?

Probably because they seem weak and don't have muscles. Try that on that tattooed dude Tim "Sharky" Ward or the Africans who wear their bling-bling and there will definitely be a big fight on.