Combination of Funds

I ended up going to the Australian Embassy and did a Stat Dec for some of my earnings. I quoted earnings I received up to the amount of 45,000 baht for each month. I had all the paperwork for these earnings (previous three years) with me (original copies of Term Deposits and Dividend income), but the Embassy did not want to look at this. I wrote down on the Stat Dec the breakdown of these earnings in AUD. I get a slight pension as well each month, and most my friends now are telling me they want to see a pensionable income that is certain, not Terms and Dividend income and that they may refuse my Visa due to this. 

I hope this was the correct thing to do, but now I am worried. The Embassy could not tell me as each Immigration (Chiang Mai) is different. I really should have bought in 400K last month for the two-month seasoning, but I earn well above the 40,000 and thought this was a much easier way to do it. I gather if they reject this, I will need to go to Lao, get a Non-O and then come back in and season the 400K?

So very confusing in the least.

4 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I get a slight pension as well each month, and most my friends now are telling me they want to see a pensionable income that is certain, not Terms and Dividend income and that they may refuse my Visa due to this. 

You friends are wrong. Any income can be used to meet the 40k baht income requirement. There is nothing that states it must be pension income.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You friends are wrong. Any income can be used to meet the 40k baht income requirement. There is nothing that states it must be pension income.

Thank you. I have been so stressed out over this. That was the reason I wanted to know about the combo income. I am under a very complex family trust (due to health reasons), and my family back in Australia do not want me handling significant amounts of cash, hence why I do/they do not want the money in my account. I have all the required paperwork to show this income from my accountant. 

Thank you very much ubonjoe

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Along the lines of the above answer.

Lets say that I have an income in my home country (pension or whatever) and I have income from real estate in Thailand that I rent out, all these income streams can be combined into that 40K/month requirement as long as I can prove the actual income with documentation of sort?

Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

Along the lines of the above answer.

Lets say that I have an income in my home country (pension or whatever) and I have income from real estate in Thailand that I rent out, all these income streams can be combined into that 40K/month requirement as long as I can prove the actual income with documentation of sort?

Is that correct?

For income within Thailand you have to prove the income by way of tax payment receipts or a annual tax return and they would want  to see a work permit. But here would be nothing that would stop you from using that income to live on if you used the 400k baht in the bank option.

The answer I gave was for foreign earned income.

So contracts that includes guaranteed return or similar would not be accepted?

If not resident in Thailand,  doubt that anyone files a tax return of any sort nor pay tax even though they have a rental income.

I hear you on the 400K option which is the easiest but I was just curious on the income option.

5 minutes ago, Sexbomb said:

So contracts that includes guaranteed return or similar would not be accepted?

If not resident in Thailand,  doubt that anyone files a tax return of any sort nor pay tax even though they have a rental income.

I hear you on the 400K option which is the easiest but I was just curious on the income option.

A contract alone would not be accepted since you have to prove the actual income from it and they want to see that as reported income for tax purposes.

If you are in Thailand for 180 days total in a year you are a resident for tax purposes. The tax you would pay would depend upon your reported income. It is possible to earn as much as 240k baht income or more without paying any taxes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hey Joe! Sorry to go against what you are saying... but if you remember I asked you about this then tried it and got turned down. I even went to BKK immy to the heads of immi and got told it isn't allowed.

I even tried it with combination of salary in Thailand on which I pay tax and that too was refused.

Having tried it I can say first hand it will be turned down. If things have changed please let me know cos I would do it myself.

8 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I even tried it with combination of salary in Thailand on which I pay tax and that too was refused.

That is a grey area. They should allow it.

Foreign earned income can be from more than one source. Many people combine pension and other income to get their extensions.

The problem for some people may be that their embassy or consulate will only provide income proof for pension income.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Foreign earned income can be from more than one source. Many people combine pension and other income to get their extensions.

The problem for some people may be that their embassy or consulate will only provide income proof for pension income.

And the British Embassy, what is their policy please.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Ubon, you are still the man in my book. You were actually surprised when I pm'd you about my problem. 

Hope they wake up and die right soon...

8 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Hey Joe! Sorry to go against what you are saying... but if you remember I asked you about this then tried it and got turned down. I even went to BKK immy to the heads of immi and got told it isn't allowed.

Having tried it I can say first hand it will be turned down. If things have changed please let me know cos I would do it myself.

What country are you from? This has me hugely worried now. I am kicking myself so hard now for not bringing in the money as I had this income in a bond deposit and it was not due till September. I should have pulled some of this cash-out and just taken a small loss. It just has been for me, a total <deleted> loss on how this all works. I have proven income, with proven letters etc.etc. If they are wanting this as pension income, how the hell does a 48-year-old guy prove anything but just stump up the 400,000 baht. I got a Stat Dec from the Australian Embassy detailing this all with proof of income in statements. 

6 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

What country are you from? This has me hugely worried now. I am kicking myself so hard now for not bringing in the money as I had this income in a bond deposit and it was not due till September. I should have pulled some of this cash-out and just taken a small loss. It just has been for me, a total <deleted> loss on how this all works. I have proven income, with proven letters etc.etc. If they are wanting this as pension income, how the hell does a 48-year-old guy prove anything but just stump up the 400,000 baht. I got a Stat Dec from the Australian Embassy detailing this all with proof of income in statements. 

You will not have a problem since you already have your statutory declaration.

His situation was different from your since he wanted to combine foreign income with income from working here to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not have a problem since you already have your statutory declaration.

His situation was different from your since he wanted to combine foreign income with income from working here to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

Thanks for this ubonjoe. I will take your advice on board. This is my first marriage extension. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Any income will be accepted to get a income letter.

Sorry Joe... I also tried the year before to combine small pension from Canada with money in the bank to make a total of 400 000 bht. That did not work either. I asked advice about what the Siem Lagal advertise on their web page because it is fallacious. Sorry OP ain't many options out there. 

Best of luck

22 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And the British Embassy, what is their policy please.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Any income will be accepted to get a income letter.

10 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Sorry Joe... I also tried the year before to combine small pension from Canada with money in the bank to make a total of 400 000 bht. That did not work either. I asked advice about what the Siem Lagal advertise on their web page because it is fallacious. Sorry OP ain't many options out there. 

Best of luck

You seem to of missed the post I was replying to when you posted only my reply.

Your problem was not the same as others that are posting on this topic.

Nobody has said it is possible to combine income and money in the bank to get an extension based upon marriage.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You seem to of missed the post I was replying to when you posted only my reply.

Your problem was not the same as others that are posting on this topic.

Nobody has said it is possible to combine income and money in the bank to get an extension based upon marriage.

Sorry... I was trying to clarify the misconception that I had for anyone who might be misled by the lawyer agency... I do sometimes miss the point... solly.

Cheers Ubon

• Like 1