Juristic Person

The Juristic person in our village died a while back and we wish to appoint and get registered a new one. I have heard various suggestions on what has to be done  including obtaining a signature from all house owners (this would almost certainly be impossible). Does anyone know the facts on this subject as opposed to the guesses I have received from friends.

Are there no regulations for your village which outline the steps to take? If it was under the Condominium Act the Committee would be expected to call a General meeting of all Co-owners, and to elect a new JP, it would require not less than one quarter of all Co-owners to elect a new one.

There are various quorums and other regulations to be aware when calling/running a general meeting but that is the basis.

I don't believe laws which cover villages/moo baans are as clear as Condominiums, although i do know some new and well run developments who base their regulations on the Condominium Act where possible.

A Juristic Person is not a real person. It is legal entity, to allow the village (or condo) to be treated as a person with rights and obligations. Therefore the JP can not die.

I often hear people refer to the JP Manager or the Committee Chairman as the Juristic Person (incorrect).

If the JP Manager has died the village committee probably has the authority to appoint another manager (need to look at the rules and regs) but may decide to call a General Meeting of owners to discuss the matter.

If it is the committee chairman who has died, the deputy chairman can probably take over until the next AGM.