Shock UK exit poll suggests Britain's May fails to win majority

webfact

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40219030

unfortunately she won the election and has a majority with DUP who have always supported the Tories unwaveringly and all this false news about Labour 'winning' is... well....false  

Though they have always supported the conservatives they have been kept at arms length and operated under the radar in Great Britain for a reason.

Let the entertainment begin!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-mays-alliance-faces-first-10594370

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, citybiker said:

There's no either about it, Brexit is happening.

Having looked at the DUP policies, it looks interesting. Just a couple of extracts.

No hard border, which was desired by TM & EU anyway.
Corporations tax reduced to 12.5%, which will outrage Corybn.
No special treatment for NI.

Labour's fantasy policies paid by Monopoly money, why?

Current debt 1.7trillion + 250bn of borrowing under Labour including interest, something the younger generation are in denial but gullible to believe free tuition fees have still have to be paid by someone.

26% tax hike would drive out business not attract it, and lastly Labour ruled out any coalition....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you are so consumed with EU hatred that you gloss over key issues

1) What about the Northern Island Peace agreement. How can we continue to mediate and be in bed with one of the key players at the same time?

2) What about DUP links to Ulster paramilitaries?

3) what about DUP misogynistic, homophobic, anti abortion stance

4) Are we now going to favour NI over other regions?

5) John Major refused to deal with Ian Paisly's gang when he was in a minority situation

Frankly the comments on Labour policy are not worthwhile debating. I do not agree that the way to compete is to have the lowest corporation tax. Are we not better than that? Can we not compete with the Germans on a level playing field? Are we not good enough? Seems not...

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Which party introduced tuition fees in the UK? It was Labour and Tony Blair in September 1998. It would seem many people seem to forget this fact.

Interesting. Maybe Blair realized that for this every increasing number of University graduates, there are not the well paying jobs they will expect. This has resulted in many of these expensively educated graduates taking jobs as bank cashiers or even shop assistants. Meanwhile the British economy is suffering from a lack of plumbers/electricians etc, occupations that many of today's young, think are not only non, glamerous,but dirty and below their status. The result, we have to rely on qualified immigrants. 

Edited by nontabury

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

1) What about the Northern Island Peace agreement. How can we continue to mediate and be in bed with one of the key players at the same time?

5) John Major refused to deal with Ian Paisly's gang when he was in a minority situation

Frankly the comments on Labour policy are not worthwhile debating. I do not agree that the way to compete is to have the lowest corporation tax. Are we not better than that? Can we not compete with the Germans on a level playing field? Are we not good enough? Seems not...

What is the other option?

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I agree with you,

westminster has an agreement to stay out of NI politics and remain impartial , unless absolutely necessary. It is difficult to see how T.May can maintain such status quo, given that the price for DUPsupport will be a pursuance of  their agenda . How this will play out politically in Irish politics is uknown given that SF is also one of the main opposition parties in the irish republic, who's prsent government is not secure.

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Interesting. Maybe Blair realized that for this every increasing number of University graduates, there are not the well paying jobs they will expect. This has resulted in many of these expensively educated graduates taking jobs as bank cashiers or even shop assistants. Meanwhile the British economy is suffering from a lack of plumbers/electricians etc, occupations that many of today's young, think are not only non, glamerous,but dirty and below their status. The result, we have to rely on qualified immigrants. 

The truth is that Labour cynically addressed youth unemployment statistics by massively increasing the number of school leavers going to university. One of the methods was to lower entrance criteria and also massively devalue The A level "gold standard". Today, A levels are laughably easy compared to 45 years ago. 

It's a pity they didn't follow the German example of how to do technical training. Many still don't understand what is the difference between an academic education and vocational trading. Both are necessary.

But remember, the root cause of the very high levels of youth unemployment was 20 years of insane Conservative monetarist policies that had decimated our industry and reduced manufacturing from 25% of GDP to 10%.

We need better politicians I think.

21 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The point I'm trying to make is that its incorrect to accuse the older generation of benefiting from 'freebies'.  They were just lucky enough to live in a short period of time when political parties and companies had to take into account ordinary people.

Both political parties and companies became ever braver in re-directing money to the wealthy - resulting in young people placing the blame in the wrong place.

Personally I blame it all on Thatcher.

I had friends who voted for her party time and time again, happy that she was selling off our nationalized industries. They couldn't answer when I asked "what happens when the money runs out?" We all know now.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Get another party on board. 

Do a deal with Vince Cable

I'd like to watch that discussion!

LibDems have said they will never join another coalition.

"Tim Farron made it very clear: he said no pact, no deal, no coalition. We’ve had our fingers burned by coalition, I don’t need to tell you that," he told the BBC."

"The Lib Dems suffered badly from the 2010 coalition with the Conservatives, losing scores of seats across the country and being reduced to a small parliamentary rump.

And for a party that is so againgst Brexit, I fear it would be doomed from the start.

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

LibDems have said they will never join another coalition.

"Tim Farron made it very clear: he said no pact, no deal, no coalition. We’ve had our fingers burned by coalition, I don’t need to tell you that," he told the BBC."

"The Lib Dems suffered badly from the 2010 coalition with the Conservatives, losing scores of seats across the country and being reduced to a small parliamentary rump.

And for a party that is so againgst Brexit, I fear it would be doomed from the start.

Yet 48% voted against Brexit, so should support the LibDems, I think it's more that they paid a very high price (in 2015) for having helped the Cons to power through the coalition, and have now seen some small rebound.

Both Labour & the Cons were officially equally anti-Brexit, yet people still support them, both May & Corbyn were anti-Brexit during the run-up to the referendum, weren't they ?

52 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Happily some of those unemployed British graduates found congenial employment in warmer climes, teaching English in Thai schools, good on them for risking all & moving to where the jobs were.

Perhaps they should have stayed home, and worked in call-centres, giving India more of a run for its money ! :cool:

41 minutes ago, transam said:

I had to laugh at Sturgeon's speech, telling May to stand down yet she herself was trounced and not standing down....:smile:

I smiled at that statement too.

Can't say l know much about politics other than the only time l made a lot of financial gain and got to own property during my working lifetime was when Conservatives were in power.

Personally thinking about it at the time l thought Teresa May was brave going to the country, she now can see what a contrary bunch of people in UK are. :biggrin:

9 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Yet 48% voted against Brexit, so should support the LibDems, I think it's more that they paid a very high price (in 2015) for having helped the Cons to power through the coalition, and have now seen some small rebound.

Both Labour & the Cons were officially equally anti-Brexit, yet people still support them, both May & Corbyn were anti-Brexit during the run-up to the referendum, weren't they ?

I agree, but I suppose some partys believe in the will of the people more than others.

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

It is the same everywhere, Dutch students are studying abroad because they get subsidies for that.

This does not mean other EU countries don't ask tuition fees (or even that they are significantly cheaper) as you claimed, and that claim is simply not correct. Only in Scandinavia it seems to be free to a certain extend.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I agree, but I suppose some partys believe in the will of the people more than others.

Like Theresa now trying to carry out Brexit, despite having voted against it, and Labour trying to ensure a softer Brexit, despite having originally been against it, while most of their supporters apparently wanted it.

I think both parties failed to listen hard enough to the electorate, and thought they could lead us in a direction many didn't want, IMO there was a real protest-vote against the political-establishment.

It's a real mess now though, the country remains split on Brexit, I would like to hope that there will be a second referendum once the terms are known/negotiated, but I doubt that the politicians will trust in the will of the people, to the extent thatthey give us a say. :wink:

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

Neil Kinnock achieved 263 seats and resigned

Jeremy Corbyn got 262 and claimed victory

?

Yes but Neil Kinnock (who was one of the best prime ministers we never had) had the globalist media against him. I'm surprised none of the hapless Corbyn's ThaiVisa fans have noticed that said media have subtly supported him and his hare-brained manifesto over the past few weeks. I raised the red flag with my friends and colleagues over the scumbag actor Blair twenty years ago. Corbyn isn't a fake, unlike Blair, but he is being manoevered on the chess board inappropriately by the globalists in a similar way to Blair was back then.

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

Like Theresa now trying to carry out Brexit, despite having voted against it, and Labour trying to ensure a softer Brexit, despite having originally been against it, while most of their supporters apparently wanted it.

I think both parties failed to listen hard enough to the electorate, and thought they could lead us in a direction many didn't want, IMO there was a real protest-vote against the political-establishment.

It's a real mess now though, the country remains split on Brexit, I would like to hope that there will be a second referendum once the terms are known/negotiated, but I doubt that the politicians will trust in the will of the people, to the extent thatthey give us a say. :wink:

I don't think that Brexit had anything to do with Mays terrible election debacle, it was all down to her suicide manifesto, Corbyn was offering wine and roses, whilst May was offering a pig in a poke, whoever let her put that manifesto to the British electorate needs their heads examining, a child of 10 could have seen it was a recipe for disaster. 

There are many hoping for a second referendum, then a third, then a forth, infact as many as it takes before they get the result that suits them. 

At least we can be thankful that Comrade Corbyn is not at the helm, we must be thankful for small mercies.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I don't think that Brexit had anything to do with Mays terrible election debacle, it was all down to her suicide manifesto, Corbyn was offering wine and roses, whilst May was offering a pig in a poke, whoever let her put that manifesto to the British electorate needs their heads examining, a child of 10 could have seen it was a recipe for disaster. 

There are many hoping for a second referendum, then a third, then a forth, infact as many as it takes before they get the result that suits them. 

At least we can be thankful that Comrade Corbyn is not at the helm, we must be thankful for small mercies.

they should be sacked

May has to listen to her Cabinet

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

they should be sacked

May has to listen to her Cabinet

I think May should be sacked also, I used to sing her praises before the release of that terrible manifesto, what were they thinking, it has cost the Tories a landslide victory and now we are stuck with Corbyn and his crackpot cronies for a long time.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

Yes but Neil Kinnock (who was one of the best prime ministers we never had) had the globalist media against him. I'm surprised none of the hapless Corbyn's ThaiVisa fans have noticed that said media have subtly supported him and his hare-brained manifesto over the past few weeks. I raised the red flag with my friends and colleagues over the scumbag actor Blair twenty years ago. Corbyn isn't a fake, unlike Blair, but he is being manoevered on the chess board inappropriately by the globalists in a similar way to Blair was back then.

When some Hard Brexiteers have lost the will to live the mask slips and they just let rip with all the Conspiracy Theory junk and its tin foil hats at the ready.

tin foil hats.jpg

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think May should be sacked also, I used to sing her praises before the release of that terrible manifesto, what were they thinking, it has cost the Tories a landslide victory and now we are stuck with Corbyn and his crackpot cronies for a long time.

Corbyn did very well

but can he expand his voter base?

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think you've git the nail on the head wrt the Conservative manifesto: it was deliberate political suicide. Can anyone think of one single major domestic policy put forward by them during the election campaign that was a clear vote winner? The Tories threw this general election quite deliberately.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

When some Hard Brexiteers have lost the will to live the mask slips and they just let rip with all the Conspiracy Theory junk and its tin foil hats at the ready.

tin foil hats.jpg

Says the forum's resident 'riddler'.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

I think you've git the nail on the head wrt the Conservative manifesto: it was deliberate political suicide. Can anyone think of one single major domestic policy put forward by them during the election campaign that was a clear vote winner? The Tories threw this general election quite deliberately.

FB_IMG_1497065533948.jpg

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

Corbyn did very well

but can he expand his voter base?

He certainly seems to have won the student-vote, but will they remain loyal to him, once the realise that they still have to pay their tuition-fees again this autumn, despite his promises ?

And as an aside, if Labour fully-costed their manifesto, how come they could extend the no-tuition-fees promise as they did, after the manifesto had been published ? Smoke & mirrors, IMO.