Shock UK exit poll suggests Britain's May fails to win majority

webfact

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Who lives there....?

15 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Rich Tory party supporters ... if its goes wrong there then you have a problem.

A wealthy London enclave ... Prince William lives in Kensington Palace.

It is not just wealthy. Yes, South Kensington is the expensive part but there is also North Kensington and Notting Hill which has a fair degree of Council and Housing Association properties. Even those in South Kensington however would not have been amused by Theresa May's speech in which she said: "If you believe you’re a citizen of the world, you’re a citizen of nowhere. You don’t understand what the very word ‘citizenship’ means.”  In short nobody in London likes her very much.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Nothing suprising there.  The vast majority of MPs were never in favour of brexit in the first place, so it comes as no shock to learn that following the GE they will do everything possible to ignore voters' concerns about the EU - and free movement is a major concern.

For whom?

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It is not just wealthy. Yes, South Kensington is the expensive part but there is also North Kensington and Notting Hill which has a fair degree of Council and Housing Association properties. Even those in South Kensington however would not have been amused by Theresa May's speech in which she said: "If you believe you’re a citizen of the world, you’re a citizen of nowhere. You don’t understand what the very word ‘citizenship’ means.”  In short nobody in London likes her very much.

Labour has never won that seat. But some of the wealthy one's would have been unhappy with both hard brexit and dementia tax ... so I guess an element of protest voting.

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Were you lot like this?

I do agree that many degrees and many degree courses are worthless. When I was part of the 4% degrees were tough. You fancy second order differential equations at 09.00 on a Saturday morning? But we all lived life to the max; work hard and play hard. The boat club pub crawls were legendary!

'Work hard and play hard :burp::burp:

Edited by SheungWan

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

65% voted remain; obviously educated people ?

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Were you lot like this?

I do agree that many degrees and many degree courses are worthless. When I was part of the 4% degrees were tough. You fancy second order differential equations at 09.00 on a Saturday morning? But we all lived life to the max; work hard and play hard. The boat club pub crawls were legendary!

The sad thing is that nobody cares about anyones' uni stories!  Of course those involved think they were hilarious and everyone else would obviously be fascinated....

We (normally) find out the hard way that this is not the case.  Of course there's always the odd person that even in their old age believes others are impressed with their uni stories.....

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

65% voted remain; obviously educated people ?

How did Kensington vote in the referendum?

But of course its always possible that numerous young people living there (that hadn't voted in the referendum) were why Labour was elected.....

Edited by dick dasterdly

When the election date was announced many were predicting a massive seat increase for the Tories and annihilation of Labour.

Well done Labourites BUT!!!! I feel Corbyn missed many tricks here.

He is a staunch republican; so why not say so out loud and start with dismantling the house of Lords. A second chamber could then be created on proportional vote principles.The privileges that the monarchy enjoys, especially Prince Charles, need to be massively curtailed. 

The parallel currency should have been in the manifesto. This way the BofE loses its stranglehold on the country. Paying over 50 Billion pounds, each year, to BofE owners has to be stopped.

He should have openly said that the UK support of renegade countries ((Saudi Arabia, Israel etc.) will end.

He should have voiced that a public inquiry, with members of the public included in the research group, would be forthcoming on pedophilia in the higher echelons of society.

The UK is not blessed with sun, as is Thailand, but it has something going for it that many countries have not; tides. It is surrounded by water!! The UK should run a 20 year programme on this wonderful renewable energy source to rid itself of oil dependency.

These ideas have been debated in Labour circles privately. He should have been braver. After all when the date was called he had nothing to lose.

A more open, fairer and honest society is the only way to go. Corbyn didn't go nearly far enough. If he had he could have been planning his move to No.10 now.

Humans; get off your knees. The world belongs to all the people; not just 1%

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

How did Kensington vote in the referendum?

But of course its always possible that numerous young people living there (that hadn't voted in the referendum) were why Labour was elected.....

I just told you, 65%

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The sad thing is that nobody cares about anyones' uni stories!  Of course those involved think they were hilarious and everyone else would obviously be fascinated....

We (normally) find out the hard way that this is not the case.  Of course there's always the odd person that even in their old age believes others are impressed with their uni stories.....

Quite. 

I was responding to an earlier anti university education rant.

However, if you want some great stories....

Did I ever tell you about the time that....

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

KENSINGTON!

Enough is enough!

she has to resign

Interestingly the successful Labour Party candidate in that constituency,did say in her acceptance speech, that in her opinion, her victory was not down to Brexit, but to much wider issues.   Could't agree more.

45 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Were you lot like this?

I was rarely like that ( but I had a few moments ) because I had to work for a living.

Fancy getting up at 4am every day of the week to go milk the cows ( my first job ) if you got pissed the night before?

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

When the election date was announced many were predicting a massive seat increase for the Tories and annihilation of Labour.

Well done Labourites BUT!!!! I feel Corbyn missed many tricks here.

He is a staunch republican; so why not say so out loud and start with dismantling the house of Lords. A second chamber could then be created on proportional vote principles.The privileges that the monarchy enjoys, especially Prince Charles, need to be massively curtailed. 

The parallel currency should have been in the manifesto. This way the BofE loses its stranglehold on the country. Paying over 50 Billion pounds, each year, to BofE owners has to be stopped.

He should have openly said that the UK support of renegade countries ((Saudi Arabia, Israel etc.) will end.

He should have voiced that a public inquiry, with members of the public included in the research group, would be forthcoming on pedophilia in the higher echelons of society.

The UK is not blessed with sun, as is Thailand, but it has something going for it that many countries have not; tides. It is surrounded by water!! The UK should run a 20 year programme on this wonderful renewable energy source to rid itself of oil dependency.

These ideas have been debated in Labour circles privately. He should have been braver. After all when the date was called he had nothing to lose.

A more open, fairer and honest society is the only way to go. Corbyn didn't go nearly far enough. If he had he could have been planning his move to No.10 now.

Humans; get off your knees. The world belongs to all the people; not just 1%

I take it that your selective check list of pet issues such as an enquiry into historic child sex abuse would not include the performance of the Labour Party Council in Rotherham or for that matter Islington when run by higher echelon Labour leader at the time Margaret Hodge.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Quite. 

I was responding to an earlier anti university education rant.

However, if you want some great stories....

Did I ever tell you about the time that....

Even those with the biggest anti-uni chip on their shoulder would like their children to have the opportunity of going on to higher education.

41 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I take it that your selective check list of pet issues such as an enquiry into historic child sex abuse would not include the performance of the Labour Party Council in Rotherham or for that matter Islington when run by higher echelon Labour leader at the time Margaret Hodge

Thank you. 

The 'no holds barred' enquiry should encompass everyone and everybody. That's why members of the public would be included on the board. These enquiries are being run by the same people that they are trying to seek out (like the old police complaints commission being run by the police). No-matter who is involved. Heads should roll; be them high ranking BBC officials, MPs, Judges, Royalty, Rotherham gangs or the clergy etc.

Pedophilia has to be stamped out. It is rotten, it is filthy and has no place in MY modern society. 

It is a selective list but I have more; many more to add. Too many for this forum. But bring on the debate of any of the issues that were highlighted.

Edited by owl sees all

The long knives are out...

Theresa May 'told to sack advisers or face challenge'

p055hk2r.jpg
Theresa May's former director of communications, Katie Perrior, explains how the inner circle operates

Prime Minister Theresa May has been warned she faces a leadership challenge on Monday unless she sacks her two closest advisers, the BBC understands.

One senior Tory said Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill were responsible for "the worst manifesto in history".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40231107

They are already walking into her office and banging their fists on her desk...

Edited by Basil B

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Thank you. 

The 'no holds barred' enquiry should encompass everyone and everybody. That's why members of the public would be included on the board. These enquiries are being run by the same people that they are trying to seek out (like the old police complaints commission being run by the police). No-matter who is involved. Heads should roll; be them high ranking BBC officials, MPs, Judges, Royalty, Rotherham gangs or the clergy etc.

Pedophilia has to be stamped out. It is rotten, it is filthy and has no place in MY modern society. 

It is a selective list but I have more; many more to add. Too many for this forum. But bring on the debate of any of the issues that were highlighted.

You conveniently forgot to reference my point which was that the Labour Party has its own skeletons and therefore to ra-ra the Labour Party led by Corbyn as the answer to your shopping list of pet peeves is disingenuous at best. This thread is not about the list or additions to it but rather whether Labour is the answer. Clearly some cheerleaders jumping on board have a problem digesting the logics of this, so never mind, carry on......

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

You conveniently forgot to reference my point which was that the Labour Party has its own skeletons and therefore to ra-ra the Labour Party led by Corbyn as the answer to your shopping list of pet peeves is disingenuous at best. This thread is not about the list or additions to it but rather whether Labour is the answer. Clearly some cheerleaders jumping on board have a problem digesting the logics of this, so never mind, carry on.

I agree there are skeletons in all the political parties. But on the specific pedophilia point I did state that; below

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

No-matter who is involved. Heads should roll; be them high ranking BBC officials, MPs, Judges, Royalty, Rotherham gangs or the clergy etc.

My point was that Labour did well under Corbyn, BUT in my opinion some of the topics and issues that were discussed in Labour circles should have been brought out into the open as policy. And if they had then he would have done even better. Some of these issues were highlighted in my original post.

There are changes taking place in UK politics and for me that is great but I want to see far more than what is offered. Perhaps I want too much too soon. But I am not alone.

'

'

'

Humans; get off your knees . The world is for all people; not the 1%

Some of you are so consumed with EU hatred that you gloss over key issues

1) What about the Northern Island Peace agreement. How can we continue to mediate and be in bed with one of the key players at the same time?

2) What about DUP links to Ulster paramilitaries?

3) what about DUP misogynistic, homophobic, anti abortion stance

4) Are we now going to favour NI over other regions?

5) John Major refused to deal with Ian Paisly's gang when he was in a minority situation

Frankly the comments on Labour policy are not worthwhile debating. I do not agree that the way to compete is to have the lowest corporation tax. Are we not better than that? Can we not compete with the Germans on a level playing field? Are we not good enough? Seems not...
@Grouse

Let me be 'very' clear.....I do not hate the EU I simply dislike it's political arrogance, interference and bully dictatorship, and I for one am all too aware of the key issues.

Having looked at the DUP, they're focus is the whole UK and clearly some issues will require more work politically. No party is perfect, SF and SNP are both as bad as each other.

DUP versus Labour's Corbyn Terrorist sympathiser?

We sail the ship with the Shiote stick were given....thus make the best out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, citybiker said:

@Grouse

Let me be 'very' clear.....I do not hate the EU I simply dislike it's political arrogance, interference and bully dictatorship, and I for one am all too aware of the key issues.

Having looked at the DUP, they're focus is the whole UK and clearly some issues will require more work politically. No party is perfect, SF and SNP are both as bad as each other.

DUP versus Labour's Corbyn Terrorist sympathiser?

We sail the ship with the Shiote stick were given....thus make the best out of it.

I'm certainly no Jeremy Vine, but what are the choices, the Tories either work with DUP or give the reins to Corbyn, there are no other parties to share government with, the LibDems don't want to know.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

The long knives are out...

They are already walking into her office and banging their fists on her desk...

Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill quit No 10 after election criticism

They jumped before they were pushed...

They were for the push either by Teresa on Monday or whoever is acting PM on Tuesday...

I'm certainly no Jeremy Vine, but what are the choices, the Tories either work with DUP or give the reins to Corbyn, there are no other parties to share government with, the LibDems don't want to know.

Corbyn kind of shot himself in the foot ruling out any coalition as wee Nicola offered it with open arms. (Basically anything to keep the Tories out). now wee Nicola even though they're the largest party has taken a kicking.
@Basil

TM was warned that if her 2 closest advisers didn't go she'd face a leadership challenge, no brainier then P45.

I do hope TM has learned a hard lesson in not being so restrictive & tunnel vision in your work format, I still equally lay the blame at Labour, SNP and LD's for they're political bitching and not uniting for the best of the UK.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

To true, nobody thinks of the benefits of the coalition, the LibDems got the blame for all the ills.

1 minute ago, citybiker said:

Corbyn kind of shot himself in the foot ruling out any coalition as wee Nicola offered it with open arms. (Basically anything to keep the Tories out). now wee Nicola even though they're the largest party has taken a kicking.

Even with the SNP in his back pocket Corbyn ain't going to have enough MP's to take on the Tories and Nicola ain't going to get in bed with him for anything less than IndyRef2/3/4/5/6....

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

so how does this work then?

collusion? russians?(joke…must spell it put for some morons, sadly).

hehe

In my opinion it was a strategy to avoid having to do a hard brexit. May and her party have been leaned on by people higher up the pecking order.

Even with the SNP in his back pocket Corbyn ain't going to have enough MP's to take on the Tories and Nicola ain't going to get in bed with him for anything less than IndyRef2/3/4/5/6....

BBC Daily Politics Andrew Neil made that very point clear in an interview with an excited Labour MP only the day after the result.

Even now I'm puzzled at JC continuously going on stating 'I'm ready to serve the country'....

I guess the Labour euphoria is different from the rest of us.

1 minute ago, citybiker said:

BBC Daily Politics Andrew Neil made that very point clear in an interview with an excited Labour MP only the day after the result.

Even now I'm puzzled at JC continuously going on stating 'I'm ready to serve the country'....

I guess the Labour euphoria is different from the rest of us.

I've never seen so many would be orthadox Trotskyites (thanks SW) fervently salavating at the mouth because Corbyn has lost an election.