Entering Thailand by motorbike

DJ Elyxr

Hi everyone!

I live in Ho Chi Minh City and I am planning to drive via Cambodia to Thailand and back by motorbike later this year. I heard there might be issues bringing a motorbike over the Thai border. Does anyone know the requirements or where I might find them on the net?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

When we were in Laos we met a couple of Malaysian lads who had ridden their 110cc bikes up through Thailand on their way to Nepal. We didn't go into detail, but they said it was pretty easy, including the crossing into Laos.

I think a few Baht changed hands but not much, but then these guys were carrying their luggage in plastic bags.

16 minutes ago, AllanB said:

When we were in Laos we met a couple of Malaysian lads who had ridden their 110cc bikes up through Thailand on their way to Nepal. We didn't go into detail, but they said it was pretty easy, including the crossing into Laos.

I think a few Baht changed hands but not much, but then these guys were carrying their luggage in plastic bags.

Exempted from the new tough Thai regulation are vehicles (motorcycles) registered in Lao, Malaysia and Singapore.

2 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

Exempted from the new tough Thai regulation are vehicles (motorcycles) registered in Lao, Malaysia and Singapore.

That's a bit racist.....I recall that one of the lads' bike went pop is Thailand and he bought a Thai bike, the reason his had Thai plates.

They did look as though they knew what they were doing.....