"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

webfact

One year ago,

in Buriram province

at the beginning of the month of February

An immigrations officer told me that he had arrested 19 Africans already that year for this kind of thing.

Which was why they had to visit applicants for marriage extensions occasionally. Nice bloke.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, if the authorities will dig deeper, the y will find that those

'dark skinned men ' are up to their necks in all sorts of shady and illegal

activities in this country, and they're numbered by the thousands....

are you listening wise men and women of the government? probably not....

Those "dark skinned " men came to Vietnam under the guise of playing soccer/football. The government didn't take too long to work out their prostitution, marriage and drugs rackets. Rounded them all up and exported them - probably to Thailand by the sound of it. 

no doubt, they will now make it a hassle for genuine people to get their visas (as if it isn't already). scum ruining it for the rest of us as usual. clearly 90 percent of the Africans here are up to no good. I wish they would just bloody round them up and get rid

This is exactly the reason that support visas are so difficult to get. Even with all the hoops to jump through, the system still often fails. I have been legally married for more than ten years and have never used the support visa. This is why immigration always recommends the retirement visa.

Just now, bheard said:

Everybody is a bit nasty sometimes, but being "dark skinned" really seals their fate in Thailand.

Have to admit, Nigerians do have a bit of an image problem.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

What long term visa we they able to secure ?

By marrying a Thai national? Unless you are talking about access to Non-O multi entry visa based on marriage, not many.

It does open the doors for extension of stay based on marriage though which I think is what the scam is all about.

Not sure........................:sleep:

Edited by chrisinth

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

5K to marry a Thai woman,that's very cheap,some men are cajoled, 

into to paying a whole lot more,as that's the Thai way.

regards worgeordie

That is a woman's way. Anywhere, at the end of the day....................:smile:

2 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I am married to a thai woman for 6 years now. It doesn't help me in getting a longer visa. i have a NON B. so marriage doesn't really helps for visa issues unless u have 400k in a bank for 3 months.

That's the only benefit I see, you only need 400K instead of 800K. Never understood the logic behind that, you have half as much to support twice as many.

Edited by giddyup

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I can understand that, but I find it difficult to believe that any women would marry Nigerians for only 5000 baht, because no Thai woman would want to go and live in Nigeria and I doubt these men would have anything of value in their own countries.  Don`t believe these Nigerians and Afghans got away with only paying 5000 baht for marriages of convenience in Thailand, must be more to the story then we are being told.

It doesn't say thats all they paid, thats all the girls got. I'm sure they had to pay the perpetrators of this crime a lot of money, not to mention the cost of all the paperwork and legwork.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That's the only benefit I see, you only need 400K instead of 800K. Never understood the logic behind that, you have half as much to support twice as many.

No logic in Thai mind. If i was a female and my Thai spouse a male. I wouldn't need to show anything to get an extension of stay just the marriage certificate. That is a discrimination.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

It's a fact. Do you want me to quote you some statistics, or do you prefer your own reality?

Stats that make no mention of the institutional racism within the criminal justice system? Oh apologies; that's YOUR reality, isn't it?

Getting married is not as easy as it used to be. When I married my wife, we had an interview with an official that questionned both of us before approving. Of course a black guy (no offence and no rasicm there - purely stats) wanting to marry a Thai girl who barely knows him will arise suspicion. The district offices should be investigated.

Or was part of the 5,000 baht slipped into an officer's pocket?

24 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

By marrying a Thai national? Unless you are talking about access to Non-O multi entry visa based on marriage, not many.

It does open the doors for extension of stay based on marriage though which I think is what the scam is all about.

Not sure........................:sleep:

Ok so come next years renewal (visa or extension) the "wife" could easily put her hand out for a large wedge or refuse to assist, does not sound like a well thought out "long term visa" idea to me !!