"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

webfact

The fact is that there are many sham marriages in Thailand (and other countries) simply for the purpose of obtaining a Visa. Obviously, illegal. I have heard of various different nationalities that have been busted by the police over several decades.  That is why the paperwork for the marriage extension is somewhat more complicated and obtaining a visa at a Thai Embassy based on marriage is being tightened up with police reports and financials. It wasn't that long ago that a Chinese gang was busted in Nong Khai Province for something similar.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, if the authorities will dig deeper, the y will find that those

'dark skinned men ' are up to their necks in all sorts of shady and illegal

activities in this country, and they're numbered by the thousands....

are you listening wise men and women of the government? probably not....

You betcha ... except for the odd academic or doctor and diplomat, they got no business here except some sorta scam . . .

3 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

That is why the paperwork for the marriage extension is somewhat more complicated and obtaining a visa at a Thai Embassy based on marriage

Good sorry maybe another topic but l wish the UK government would adopt the the same immigration procedures as Thailand. 90 day reports for immigrates and exit visa for popping over to e.g. Syria etc. 

1 minute ago, OmarZaid said:

You betcha ... except for the odd academic or doctor and diplomat, they got no business here except some sorta scam . . .

there is a bunch of them who sell weed 7 nights a week at the mouth of soi 13

they dont bother thais but they always ask the farangs 

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

No , I  am talking about a Chinese gang that managed to  obtain extensions and other documentation based upon sham marriages. This involved payment to Thai ladies and the forging of some documents. 

If these things keep happening- there will be more tightening of extension requirements and documentation to even get a Non O visa. 

They might want to start with tightening of the marriage laws between foreigners and Thai.

8 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Why not just make it illegal for foreigners and Thais to marry eachother?

I hope that was a little post nudge or joke,  people should be able to marry anyone in the meaning of what it was originally for.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Words to the wise, if the authorities will dig deeper, the y will find that those

'dark skinned men ' are up to their necks in all sorts of shady and illegal

activities in this country, and they're numbered by the thousands....

are you listening wise men and women of the government? probably not....

and what about all the white collar criminals? They do a lot more damage to a country than a few Africans. But, I guess that doesn't fit into your old fashioned backward narrative, does it?

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Daily News called them a "nasty black skinned gang" in their headline."

Thailand 4.0.

What are they meant to call them? Things get lost in translation so probs not exacly what was originally written. Me? I'd call them dirty rip off African bastards and if anyone objects stick yer PC <deleted> where the sun dont shine.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Absolutely. You have to go through the exact same steps and satisfy the same requirements.

That goes for marriage visa extension also, a new set of pictures in and around the house, witness etc.at least in     Jom Tien, elsewhere maybe different, of course as interpretation run differently throughout the Kingdom.  

18 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

and what about all the white collar criminals? They do a lot more damage to a country than a few Africans. But, I guess that doesn't fit into your old fashioned backward narrative, does it?

boo hoo......need a hanky to dry those tears?

What is the narrative here? That Nigerians again embarrass their own country.  It is these few criminals that put their fellow nationals in bad day light. 
The narrative is that once the nationality Nigerian is mentioned people shrug it off with "ofcourse nigerians".

The narrative is that their scams and crimes are so widespread that people not even expect anything decent from them.

4 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

That goes for marriage visa extension also, a new set of pictures in and around the house, witness etc.at least in     Jom Tien, elsewhere maybe different, of course as interpretation run differently throughout the Kingdom.  

Are you serious about needing a witness? what needs to be witnessed? That you both live together?

1 hour ago, OmarZaid said:

And you do? Are you Thai?  Its pathetic for a foreigner to lay claim to Thailand. Why don't you go back to wherever you came from if you don't like the current racial make up in Thailand. The nerve......

Just now, Bastos60 said:

Are you serious about needing a witness? what needs to be witnessed? That you both live together?

Absolutely, we have used the same witness twice now (the wife's aunt) they note her particulars address photo copy her house book,  ask how long she has known us, do we live together etc. same questions each time!

But bear in mind with marriage extension all the paperwork has to be OKed in BKK unlike retirement extension which as far as i am aware, is done in house. 

15 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

And you do? Are you Thai?  Its pathetic for a foreigner to lay claim to Thailand. Why don't you go back to wherever you came from if you don't like the current racial make up in Thailand. The nerve......

Why are you so easily offended?

He thinks the same about his country.

I think it is pathetic for you to legitimize criminal conduct based on race.

Edited by Bastos60

17 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Absolutely, we have used the same witness twice now (the wife's aunt) they note her particulars address photo copy her house book,  ask how long she has known us, do we live together etc. same questions each time!

But bear in mind with marriage extension all the paperwork has to be OKed in BKK unlike retirement extension which as far as i am aware, is done in house. 

So they have to pay at least 2 people 5000 baht (wife + witness).

That makes sense now why it the marriage visa is so easily abused for human trafficking 

11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

You need more than a marriage to get a visa here.

Same in the UK. Sham marriages have been a big issue there for a long time especially with those originating from the Indian subcontinent so a marriage certificate is no guarantee of citizenship or extended visa stay. There is now minimum salary or other income requirements background checks made vis-a-vid cohabitation etc. Thailand should look at this as a way to guard against such fraudulent relationships

4 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

555 I walked through a group of the African hookers once at Sukhumvit Soi 13. Some 120 kg girl got all indignant when she asked me if I wanted to have some fun and I said no. All I wanted was a taxi. 

You will bump into the African girls all around Sukhumvit..corner of soi 4 Nana Plaza just after the LB clothes stall there..McDonalds just over from soi 4..seems to be more flogging their p...y than ever around there!Outside Sofitel also on a night..just down from Asok.

Edited by sydneyjed

32 minutes ago, aslimversgwm said:

Same in the UK. Sham marriages have been a big issue there for a long time especially with those originating from the Indian subcontinent so a marriage certificate is no guarantee of citizenship or extended visa stay. There is now minimum salary or other income requirements background checks made vis-a-vid cohabitation etc. Thailand should look at this as a way to guard against such fraudulent relationships

:laugh:  :biggrin: people from India came to and went to that road place in Bkk where you can get anything before going UK.  :laugh:       only joking.

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Ah, so that's the secret how those African drug dealers, pimps and scammers use to stay in BKK for a long time.

I think that that could also apply to a lot of Westerners living in Pattaya.