No royal wants to be king or queen, Britain's Prince Harry says

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

and many more do not support the queen as head of state as i don't as a UK citizen

That's a pity, always liked the institution and the Queen - IMO all to the good not to have a politically appointed person as Head of State.

Unfortunately being a monarch is a full time job - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for life. You are never really 'off duty'.

As for replacing the queen with an elected president - President Boris, god forbid! The prime ministers are bad enough (especially at present). The main criteria for either seems to be a massive ego and incompetence.

By the time you retire n look back You've been that busy with Work , Kids,, and don't Realy give a rats arse about Kings n Politics,till yer notice they have pilfered your pension, but their OK.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thank heaven's 'nice but dim' Harry doesn't have to get a real job.

He can give up his massively subsidised life any time and become a commoner.

Nope - he wants the money and the
lifestyle, but 'woe on me' should he have to be King.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

If it comes to that, you could always abdicate, right?
Oh, but I forgot: there is the "duty" thing, the "common good", and all the other vague altruisms.

Yes, abdicate. Get a job and a mortgage...

On 6/23/2017 at 11:48 AM, nuakmuaynina said:

He and William, keep going on about wanting to be normal. They will never have a normal life, have bills to pay, worry about job/future/finances. 

He sounds ungrateful, if you so desperately want to be normal abdicate and save the tax payer some money. 

Wrong , Do some research , the Royal family  bring Billions  to the Tourism and trade for the UK.

3 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Well he is privileged, after all his dad was a Major.

:clap2:

17 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

As a fan of the Royal Family, I'm sure you understand that Harry Wales is 5th in line to the throne and thus will never be King.

10 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

The royals need to keep up the pageant. That's what they're for. I'm not sure we want to be seeing them down the local supermarket.

why, France hasn't had a royal family in power since the 19th century but they still have plenty of tourists visiting the palaces and other attractions. when i was still living in the UK a great day out was a visit to Chatsworth or Blenheim but i did not get to see either of the Dukes and that did not spoil my day out one bit and it would be cheaper for the country if the national trust took over the running of the palaces and Royal estates in England but i would be quite happy if Nicola Sturgeon was to let the royal family move permanently to Balmoral providing that no part of the burden of their upkeep fell on English taxpayers

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

As a fan of the Royal Family, I'm sure you understand that Harry Wales is 5th in line to the throne and thus will never be King.

One tragic family outing and Harry would be next up after Chuck.

59 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

why, France hasn't had a royal family in power since the 19th century but they still have plenty of tourists visiting the palaces and other attractions. when i was still living in the UK a great day out was a visit to Chatsworth or Blenheim but i did not get to see either of the Dukes and that did not spoil my day out one bit and it would be cheaper for the country if the national trust took over the running of the palaces and Royal estates in England but i would be quite happy if Nicola Sturgeon was to let the royal family move permanently to Balmoral providing that no part of the burden of their upkeep fell on English taxpayers

When we win a war we'll need someone on the balcony of Buck House.

They have a social role as Britain's nuclear family, but the royals are mainly museum pieces - providing continuity with history - to be dusted off when necessary - I suspect they know that, and thankfully accept the role with dignity. It's all for the pageant, quite literally. I imagine every country secretly envies that. People who want to do away with the monarchy on misguided egalitarian or economic grounds don't seem to understand.

5 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

When we win a war we'll need someone on the balcony of Buck House.

They have a social role as Britain's nuclear family, but the royals are mainly museum pieces - providing continuity with history - to be dusted off when necessary - I suspect they know that, and thankfully accept the role with dignity. It's all for the pageant, quite literally. I imagine every country secretly envies that. People who want to do away with the monarchy on misguided egalitarian or economic grounds don't seem to understand.

well they can always bring out Edward 1st from Madam Tussaud's but i don't think that the Welsh or Scot.s would be happy with that so perhaps James the second would be better or even Charles 1st and they could show him with his head cut off, that would certainly impress the tourists