What Is The Worst Beer You've Ever Tasted

farangsay

the worst are all lagers brewed in the UK (the bitter ain't bad) and all beers in Thailand...I've become strictly a vodka drinker as a result...

a few years ago I was in Felton, a small place outside of Santa Cruz in northern california with a friend and we stopped in at the local 'micro brewery'...I didn't like the look of the place nor the attitude of the servers and resented the fact that I couldn't smoke, so I ordered a Budweiser...shoulda seen the look on the azzhole's face!!!

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two beers I tried many years ago in South Africa:

Rogue - it had a picture of a bull elephant on the label and was known everywhere as "elephant piss" Very nasty but very cheap.

The other one I tried was "Bantu Beer" (not very PC these days). It came in a milk type carton, looked and tasted like sour milk someone had pissed in! One sip was all I could manage.

The latter sounds like maize beer , commonly called

'Chibuku" where I came across it. Extremely sour

and with lumps in it (hopefully bits of maize).

It was a rite of passage for us mazungu to have to

chug a pint of it.

When people in Europe asked me what it was like

the best description I could give was vomiting in

reverse.

:o

formalin is the prefered preservative in Asian beers including the beer in Thailand.

I dont get close to that crap any more.

Why do u think you get headaches from drinking the Thai beer here?

Toxic beer...plain and simple.... thats why

Edited by longtail

Two beers I tried many years ago in South Africa:

Rogue - it had a picture of a bull elephant on the label and was known everywhere as "elephant piss" Very nasty but very cheap.

The other one I tried was "Bantu Beer" (not very PC these days). It came in a milk type carton, looked and tasted like sour milk someone had pissed in! One sip was all I could manage.

The latter sounds like maize beer , commonly called

'Chibuku" where I came across it. Extremely sour

and with lumps in it (hopefully bits of maize).

It was a rite of passage for us mazungu to have to

chug a pint of it.

When people in Europe asked me what it was like

the best description I could give was vomiting in

reverse.

in the andes they got a maize beer called chicha...it was cheap and I quite liked it although I was warned (usually by white folks and not indigenous people) that baby human turds were put in the mash to assist fermentation. In the countryside in Bolivia it was the only beverage with alcohol available, drawn from a barrel in big jugs...pour a little on the ground for Pachamama and down the hatch...

And Vespa I am told that Budweiser was and is and excellent

Czech beer but the Yankees have taken the brand and pissed

in the product.

True, I've had Czech bud at the factory in the Czech Republic.....it's called "Budvar". It's the original, and is available in the states now.

US Budweiser actually tried to sue the Czech company for control of the Budweiser name, and lost. They pay the Czech's I believe.....but the Czechs cannot use the name outside of Czech...hence the name "Budvar"

check this one out for the full story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budvar

Worst beer so far: Kingfisher from India

Two threads I came across today

ITR and "Beer of choice"

LP and "how many countries have you visited"

Put them together , turn them around and ask

all you much travelled beer drinkers "What is the

worst beer you have ever tasted".

"beer" with no alcohol content DO NOT COUNT.

That's just a problem Muslims will have to deal with.

I nominate Egyptian "Stella"

(no connection with Artois)

Budwiser

, what a joke of a beer.

have to agree with this!

To the overgeneralizing posters about American beers, here's some info:

Bud (Budweiser) is just the most generally well-known beer in the US.

Take it from somebody who grew up there (including the famous, non-discriminating, all-consuming teen-age years, Boston-Irish no less), and is now 40. You can't accurately generalize about American beers, the range is too great. There are many beers that are a lot better (thank God) than Bud, and many that are a LOT (if that's possible) worse. Unfortunately I've done the sampling for mankind.

My downright number one worst beer (mass-produced and packaged) that I can recall was a Blatz, the name is so perfect because that's the sound that routinely emerged from one's mouth after every sip. Cheeeeeeeeeeaaaaap, though, and available from the local package store that would wink at our ludicrously fake ID's.

Don't drink much beer in LOS. I love Beer Lao, though. Hard to find in CM, though.

Last time I was home, you could buy Czech Budvar, they called it Czechvar. One of my favorites, probably the best mass-produced bottled beer I've ever had. Had it in Prague and thereabouts in the eighties/nineties on the massive scale, still young. Pilsner Urquell good too of course.

Heresy to my Irish cousins, but I like bottled Guinness better than draft, more bite. Never turn down a pulled jar, though.

Edited by calibanjr.

Budweiser (American, not Czech version) is one of the worst especially considering it's popularity.

But there are some truly vile beers available in pubs in the UK. Carlsberg (different, and much weaker, than the stuff available in Asia), Castlemaine XXXX, Fosters, Heineken (again, different to the stuff here) and Carling to name a few. Carling probably leads the pack on overall rankness, weakness and over-fizziness.

There are a few more even worse ones available only in cans in small corner shops, such as Kestrel, Skol, Harp and Hofmeister. Hofmeister is probably the worst beer of any kind anywhere, with the possible exception of Tesco Value lager (1.8%, costs about 30p a can).

Worst in Thailand has got to be Singha Light, watery, tasteless and pointless.

There is a U.K. brew called 'Crest Super Lager' I remember that it tasted like iron filings that had been mixed with banana skins then strained through dirty laundry.

However its percentage (10%) qualified it as an 'electric soup' and after a can and a half you were buzzing.........

There is a U.K. brew called 'Crest Super Lager' I remember that it tasted like iron filings that had been mixed with banana skins then strained through dirty laundry.

However its percentage (10%) qualified it as an 'electric soup' and after a can and a half you were buzzing.........

Informative link below:

Crest Super Lager

Budweiser (American, not Czech version) is one of the worst especially considering it's popularity.

But there are some truly vile beers available in pubs in the UK. Carlsberg (different, and much weaker, than the stuff available in Asia), Castlemaine XXXX, Fosters, Heineken (again, different to the stuff here) and Carling to name a few. Carling probably leads the pack on overall rankness, weakness and over-fizziness.

There are a few more even worse ones available only in cans in small corner shops, such as Kestrel, Skol, Harp and Hofmeister. Hofmeister is probably the worst beer of any kind anywhere, with the possible exception of Tesco Value lager (1.8%, costs about 30p a can).

Worst in Thailand has got to be Singha Light, watery, tasteless and pointless.

I do always get a kick out of the Bud bashers. We already saw one of them that could not spell the word. The rest are a bunch of non American who have consumed very few of them and likely in a foreign land where fresh product is non existent. You never see an American put Bud at the bottom in these threads. I have consumed more than 50,000 Budweisers over 25 years and I can say it is a most tasty brew. Bud Light is also very good. Bud is the King of Beers but you'll never find a drinkable one in Thailand. Come to think of it, you won't find much drinkable beer here at all. Sad indeed

formalin is the prefered preservative in Asian beers including the beer in Thailand.

I dont get close to that crap any more.

Why do u think you get headaches from drinking the Thai beer here?

Toxic beer...plain and simple.... thats why

You hit the nail on the head there longtail. those headaches are not normal but I think so many here deal with them daily and think that they are. I think that beer drinkers want to drink something here so the best bet is the Heineken. Everything else is purified shit headache inducer, not that Heine is anything special

Hite and Cass are pathetic and bad tasting Korean beers full of gas.

In Ulaan Bataar the only other option used to be a locally brewed German beer and it was terrible (began with G, I'll check with a Mongolian friend about the name).

Czech Bud is excellent.

Special Brew is horrible and is only drunk by poor Scottish alcoholics.

Who said that Kingfisher is bad? I used to pay top dollar for that in UB, goes great with a curry.

I do always get a kick out of the Bud bashers. We already saw one of them that could not spell the word. The rest are a bunch of non American who have consumed very few of them and likely in a foreign land where fresh product is non existent. You never see an American put Bud at the bottom in these threads. I have consumed more than 50,000 Budweisers over 25 years and I can say it is a most tasty brew. Bud Light is also very good. Bud is the King of Beers but you'll never find a drinkable one in Thailand. Come to think of it, you won't find much drinkable beer here at all. Sad indeed

Yeah, I think this came up before, and it must be the case that the Bud that gets exported to the UK and elsewhere is different from the Bud sold in the States. Or is it brewed under license in UK? Anyway, the Bud that I've tried back there is certainly very far from being the "King of Beers", it's very thin and watery. Nothing special really, but not truly terrible like some of those other beers I mentioned.

Edited by dantilley

I do always get a kick out of the Bud bashers. We already saw one of them that could not spell the word. The rest are a bunch of non American who have consumed very few of them and likely in a foreign land where fresh product is non existent.

Beavis knows his beer.

Ban the rest of these bozos! :o

:D

In no particular order:-

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

However I did enjoy taking this photo, 3 beers in one shot:-

medium.jpg

Kingfisher in 1982 not bad, also tasted 3 Coins same year, in a different country, was good too.

Happy New Beer :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

There is no such thing as a bad beer..............................................some are just a little bit worse than others. :o

But the only beer I have ever refused to drink because it was so terrible was Berliner Weissen Beer.

Edited by lampard10