Two teenage boys on motorcycle killed by ‘revenge’ hit and run

webfact

Two teenage boys on motorcycle killed by ‘revenge’ hit and run
By The Nation

73704c87b87a853420054aaa94b700de.jpeg

AYUTTHAYA: -- Two teenage boys were killed when their motorcycle was hit by a car early on Monday following a dispute with the car’s driver, the boys’ friends told police.

Police said the hit-and-run incident happened at 2am on the outbound Phaholyothin Road in Tambon Chieng Rak Noi in Ayutthaya’s Bang Pa-in district.

The two teenagers were identified as Natthakan Butrwong, 18, and Phanuwat Jomekui, 18.

Their friends told police that they were hanging out in front of the Tesco Lotus shopping mall in Nava Nakhon and had a dispute with the car’s driver who was playing loud music.

The friends said the two were returning home on a motorcycle when the car came up from behind, hit them and fled the scene.

Police said they would check CCTV footage to try to identify the car driver.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319134

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-26

31 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Most dangerous roads in the World IMO.

Road rage seems to be rampant now as well, with daily attacks with weapons, rammings and vehicular manslaughter all a regular occurrence. 

I have said it before and will countless times again, this is what happens when you jump a single generation from buffalo to a motor vehicle. There simply isn't the time to adapt, whether that be proper driver education, law enforcement, build proper infrastructure or to learn basic skills in charge of a motor vehicle. All these have taken place over decades in other countries.

You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. 

Confirmation biased bs also seems to be rampant in this forum

51 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Road rage seems to be rampant now as well, with daily attacks with weapons, rammings and vehicular manslaughter all a regular occurrence. 

I have said it before and will countless times again, this is what happens when you jump a single generation from buffalo to a motor vehicle. There simply isn't the time to adapt, whether that be proper driver education, law enforcement, build proper infrastructure or to learn basic skills in charge of a motor vehicle. All these have taken place over decades in other countries.

There are far more dangerous roads in the world. Far more dangerous. 

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Confirmation biased bs also seems to be rampant in this forum

I disagree as I feel that Father Stack has a case in point.

In Western (and Southern) countries we've had the opportunity to experience various motor vehicles, varying power, and more road rules.

Here in Thailand, there are many folk who genuinely believe that signs and road markings and speed limits are purely advisory, and I doubt there are road education classes in high school.

People go from smaller scooters and motorbikes, into quite high powered vehicles, often with a lack of understanding basic safety, such as seat belts, use of indicators, texting and chatting on the phone, overtaking on blind corners, loading pick-ups with passengers, and of course, you have the 'saving face' culture where a misplaced toot or finger can result in death.

When did anyone see a speed camera, a booze bus, a red light camera?

7 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Exactly where are they then, I only ask so I am forwarned

Just about every country in Africa.  Just about every vehicle you see on the street has caused an accident at some point while it is used.

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Then what explains the road rage in the US, cannot ride our bufflo. We have all the things you mention but road rage out the wazoo. O forgot we are not Thais, our road rage is different. 

7 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

There are far more dangerous roads in the world. Far more dangerous. 

Not according to the stats. Thailand is No. 2 in the world per capita for road deaths and injuries.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Not according to the stats. Thailand is No. 2 in the world per capita for road deaths and injuries.

I saw those stats, and guess, nearly all african countries follow in the same range as Thailand but with a 10th of the number of vehicles per capita on the road.

In absolute numbers you are right, but those absolute numbers also tell us that per vehicle the fatalities increase 100 fold for the African countries.

Absolute numbers are nice, but you need to know how to interpret them correctly.

15 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

proper driver education, law enforcement, build proper infrastructure or to learn basic skills in charge of a motor vehicle. All these have taken place over decades in other countries.

But will never stop an a-hole being an a-hole !!

OK the headline is new but the content is the same as hundreds of previous posts . I think we will all agree that road behaviour and driving / riding skills are not going to change any time soon . It would appear that it is engrained in the way of life here . I am more surprised if , when I am out on the roads, a Thai drives with consideration and sensible skills . E.G. how often have you been let out from a side road to merge into the mainstream traffic or even to turn right ? you have to fight your way there . They have no signal to let you pull out or invite you to go before them . Quick flash of headlights used in most European countries means please proceed , over here it is I am coming through or there is a police check ahead . The same culture and mind think is apparent in many of the Thai peoples life style , what you see on the surface is not what you will necessarily get but of course there are good and bad in all countries . Life is cheap here and many actions are taken without any concern to the consequences . 

12 hours ago, masuk said:

I disagree as I feel that Father Stack has a case in point.

In Western (and Southern) countries we've had the opportunity to experience various motor vehicles, varying power, and more road rules.

Here in Thailand, there are many folk who genuinely believe that signs and road markings and speed limits are purely advisory, and I doubt there are road education classes in high school.

People go from smaller scooters and motorbikes, into quite high powered vehicles, often with a lack of understanding basic safety, such as seat belts, use of indicators, texting and chatting on the phone, overtaking on blind corners, loading pick-ups with passengers, and of course, you have the 'saving face' culture where a misplaced toot or finger can result in death.

When did anyone see a speed camera, a booze bus, a red light camera?

I agree with 99% of what you said, but not 1/3 of the last part.  Yes, there needs to be a lot more enforcement etc etc etc.  But the last thing needed is thousands of speed cameras - they are nothing but a money making exercise for Govt - and they are rampant in my western home country.

Booze yes, red light yes, police with mobile speed cameras at bad spots yes. policeman doing their job yes. BUT you let these (***) in Govt know they can make lots of money from installing a speed camera and you will regret it big time - they will be everywhere.

Recently back home an election promise was made to drastically reduce speed cameras - eg. there was 19 between the airport and the city centre - that Party won.

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Yes.

It seems that the car driver deliberately pursued the boys and rammed them off the road. The result was predictable.

So that becomes pre-meditated murder.    

What I like most about this forum and this topic is that some here are crucifying the 50 year old guy in Udon who despite being stupid did not intend to kill the old lady and her grandson. "Make him pay through the teeth!!!" some claim... I do not endorse what he did--don't get me wrong.

End result--INVOLUNYARY MANSLAUGHTER

But this guy... deliberately targeted two (maybe stupid kids... who knows...) and killed them with his four wheel weapon...

End result--MURDER

Because he is Thai, chances are if he is caught he will be treated with a far less harsh judgement than the falang guy...

Sickens me!

11 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

Just about every country in Africa.  Just about every vehicle you see on the street has caused an accident at some point while it is used.

I was in Namibia in December, driving a rented car for 9 days.   Drivers there are miles above Thais in terms of decent driving habits.  

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I was in Namibia in December, driving a rented car for 9 days.   Drivers there are miles above Thais in terms of decent driving habits.  

But how many cars on the road compared to Thai? 
That does make a difference. 

23 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

As the piece of string once said to the clothes peg Fraid Knot

One country and thats Libya which is a failed state meets your criteria, possible because some halfwit insists on pointing his AK47 in their direction

I suggest you stick to comtemplating your navel rather than posting BS