• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RobFord said:

Lol. Be proud Trump supporter.

IMG_0171.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah but former Presidents did not have to deal with the corrupt sleazy media as opposition like Trump has with personal attacks against him and his fmaily.  Here's a few quotes for you:

Kennedy:

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

“The very word “secrecy” is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings… Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe… no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of “clear and present danger,” then I can only saythat the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent… For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.”

Jefferson:

“I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.” Thomas Jefferson

Calhoun

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.”  John C. Calhoun

Roosevelt

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.” Theodore Roosevelt

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.”  Franklin Delano Roosevelt

You need to put two and two together.  Why do you think the media and the establishment is so fightened of Trump?  Duh... maybe just maybe it has something to do with his tough talk about cleaning up the swamp, not going along with Wall Street and exposing the media.  Will he fold?  Maybe.  But at this point he has a lot of people very upset that he may crash the party.

4 hours ago, dutchisaan said:

What media is talking about assassinating Trump? Did I miss some important news, or is the fake news you like to commend on?

But you know what, sorry if the donald is pissed off. If this narcissistic clown off a want to be president thinks it's ok to insult everyone that doesn't agree with his childish behavior, than he better moves backto his tower in NY.

There he can bs everyone around him and nobody will give a sh*t.

Do  some research if you don't follow the news. Johnny Depp recently talked about it and CNN has been talked about "what if" scenarios for months. 

Edited by losworld

6 minutes ago, losworld said:

Do  some research if you don't follow the news. Johnny Depp recently talked about it and CNN has been talked about "what if" scenarios for months. 

That's absurd. The Depp thing was a news story that demanded coverage. End of.

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

You seem misinformed as to what a monopoly is.

Amazon is far from being one. Even after their purchase of Wholefoods, Amazon controls about 20% of ecommerece. Ecommerece itself is only 15% of the consumer market, which means Amazon have about 3% of the consumer market.

Amazon *is* dominant in certain sectors, like books. And here, it was misguided government interference (against Apple and in favor of Amazon) that actually made them more dominant than they would've been. The lesson from that debacle is that, despite Amazon's twenty year history, ecommerece is still in its infancy and the prudent approach would be to let the market play out for a while before considering any intervention. You can't break up something that, while seemingly large, is still a small part of a much, much larger whole.

Trump is The President, not some bottled water salesman. Blustery, uninformed rants against companies or market sectors can destabilize markets and entire economies in a cascade of connected shocks.

Presidents get criticized no matter what they do, or don't do. Some of that criticism will be unfair—that's par for the course. If Trump doesn't understand that, he should never have applied for the job. He belongs to the public; his time belongs to the public. He can't be spending it lashing out wildly at every critic.

T

Hey here's an idea why not explain how Jeff Bezos bought the Post not long ago and has been using it to attack Trump 24/7 but I guess like you say Amazon is not guilty of any anti trust violations and are good citizens who just happen to have a agenda to better mankind.  

Yeah but former Presidents did not have to deal with the corrupt sleazy media as opposition like Trump has with personal attacks against him and his fmaily.  Here's a few quotes for you:

Kennedy:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer.
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
“The very word “secrecy” is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings… Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe… no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of “clear and present danger,” then I can only saythat the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent… For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.”

Jefferson:
 “I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.” —Thomas Jefferson

Calhoun
“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun

Roosevelt
“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.” — Franklin Delano Roosevelt

You need to put two and two together.  Why do you think the media and the establishment is so fightened of Trump?  Duh... maybe just maybe it has something to do with his tough talk about cleaning up the swamp, not going along with Wall Street and exposing the media.  Will he fold?  Maybe.  But at this point he has a lot of people very upset that he may crash the party.

Non of what you've posted is about the media.

Sincerely, are you off your mess?

Kennedy:

Jefferson:
 “I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.” —Thomas Jefferson

Calhoun
“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun

Roosevelt
“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt

“The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.” — Franklin Delano Roosevelt

None of these quotes has to do with the media.

Sincerely, check your meds lad.

11 minutes ago, losworld said:

Hey here's an idea why not explain how Jeff Bezos bought the Post not long ago and has been using it to attack Trump 24/7 but I guess like you say Amazon is not guilty of any anti trust violations and are good citizens who just happen to have a agenda to better mankind.  

"Amazon is not guilty of any anti trust violations" - I didn't say that, but as it happens, they aren't. That's a fact.

"[Amazon] are good citizens who just happen to have a agenda to better mankind." - I didn't say that—you just did.

As to The Washington Post "attacking Trump" — One misinformed person's idea of "attack" is just simple news reporting for normal people.

T

19 minutes ago, losworld said:

You've been spending way too much time on alt-right websites.  Which means that you are hopelessly clueless.  You're embarrassing yourself.

9 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

The Paris accord cost the USA billions. Your claim that it cost the US nothing is just more fake news. Please research before posting things like this. 

If infrastructure is not to your liking, how can you possibly blame a brand new president? Trump wants a trillion dollar overhaul for US infrastructure. 

CNN is totally guilty of fake news. They have had to make several retractions and then there's the undercover video. 

Where have you been getting your information from? 

The Paris Accord cost the US nothing. It is simply an accord where numerous nations agree that they are in accord, in agreement. In this case it is related to global warming, nothing more.

I do not put the blame on our crumbling infrastructure solely on Trump. But he continues the tradition of campaigning to invest in infrastructure and then doing nothing while increasing the military budget. Worse,  he surrounds himself with some of our most inept military leaders, which includes most of the generals and admirals in the US military.  The good guys in the US military, the real brain trust, rarely rise above the rank of colonel.

I cut my TV cable long ago so I do not have direct access to CNN. I tend to use the BBC for headlines and Google news as it collects news stories from multiple sources. I do look at the source and evaluate the credibility of the source by reading the "about us" page on the website and looking at the other articles being posted on that website to determine whether the website is a genuine news website, and yes they might get things wrong, or a fake news organization like Breitbart. I also note whether it is primarily a propaganda outfit such as FOX, and that is determined over time.  But once I determine they are trying to feed me the Kool Aid, I tend to, at the very least, give them less credence.  I suggest you do the same.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:47 AM, nausea said:

Good point, alternative energy is where the money is, regardless of your views on global warming. 

For North America, not now.

The world is awash in cheap energy. I see that the US gas prices haven't been this low in 10+ years. The Canadian  economy  which was dependent upon its oil exports has tanked because it's too expensive compared to shale oil & gas. Mexico has similar pressure.

The USA  doesn't need middle east energy. It is Europe which is dependent upon Russian gas and middle eastern oil. The economies of  Asia, especially India and China need the Iranian and middle east  oil.However, the Chinese dumped their solar panels on the market destroying the German market, so alternative such as solar isn't a money maker in the west. There is also the false assumption that  alternative energies are a cure all. they do as much damage to the environment as conventional fuels; Windmill turbines decimate bird populations causing havoc in ecosystems as insects,small rodents and other pests  lose their predators, and the  predators that eat the birds lose their food supply. The areas around wind farms are virtual death fields filled with dead and slowly dying birds.  Solar energy requires a grid to tap into and isn't interchangeable with standard electricity current. Hydro electric energy generation can destroy river  ecosystems wiping out fauna and impacting potable water quality etc.  All of these 'alternatives'  have a cost. No argument that they must be  used, but they are currently not a replacement for conventional energy sources.

In any case, Trump and his supporters have set back  the PR image of the USA  100 years. No one aside from despots  and thugs wants to be associated with the USA now. trump has pushed Asia into the embrace of China and the EU is moving away from the USA. Both Australia and Canada, two of the USA's most reliable and important allies have all but written off the Trump administration and are pursuing other options.  The USA has  few if any friends left  and sadly, most Americans don't get it, and if they do, do not understand the implications. The next 9/11, no one is going to come to the aid of the USA. The trade war trump is prosecuting with harmless Canada, the bullying of Mexico, just means that the next time  thousands of Americans require safe refuge, those countries will apply reciprocity and announce visa requirements and a ban on possibly violent gun toting Americans.

2 hours ago, Johpa said:

The Paris Accord cost the US nothing. It is simply an accord where numerous nations agree that they are in accord, in agreement. In this case it is related to global warming, nothing more.

I do not put the blame on our crumbling infrastructure solely on Trump. But he continues the tradition of campaigning to invest in infrastructure and then doing nothing while increasing the military budget. Worse,  he surrounds himself with some of our most inept military leaders, which includes most of the generals and admirals in the US military.  The good guys in the US military, the real brain trust, rarely rise above the rank of colonel.

I cut my TV cable long ago so I do not have direct access to CNN. I tend to use the BBC for headlines and Google news as it collects news stories from multiple sources. I do look at the source and evaluate the credibility of the source by reading the "about us" page on the website and looking at the other articles being posted on that website to determine whether the website is a genuine news website, and yes they might get things wrong, or a fake news organization like Breitbart. I also note whether it is primarily a propaganda outfit such as FOX, and that is determined over time.  But once I determine they are trying to feed me the Kool Aid, I tend to, at the very least, give them less credence.  I suggest you do the same.

"a broad pledge to eventually raise $100 billion a year globally — not just by the United States — to help developing countries mitigate climate change. The United Nations Green Climate Fund counts as part of that pledge

the United States has given the Green Climate Fund $1 billion already. President Barack Obama pledged a total of $3 billion to the fund by 2020 as part of a global goal of $10 billion, but Trump promised not to finance it as a candidate and Congress has not made further contributions since the election."

48 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

"a broad pledge to eventually raise $100 billion a year globally — not just by the United States — to help developing countries mitigate climate change. The United Nations Green Climate Fund counts as part of that pledge

the United States has given the Green Climate Fund $1 billion already. President Barack Obama pledged a total of $3 billion to the fund by 2020 as part of a global goal of $10 billion, but Trump promised not to finance it as a candidate and Congress has not made further contributions since the election."

Again, the Paris Accord did not mandate anything, not even a single nebulous pledge. Trump could have maintained the US as signatory to the Paris Accord  and reduced any pledge by Obama to any environmental fund to any extent he wanted to keep his denier base happy, and still be a signatory to the accord.

And why worry about a billion dollars relative to the trillions of dollars unaccountable in the Pentagon budget alone every year. But of course we can't talk about that or very, very bad things begin to happen.

From what the Americans post here with a few contented exceptions, i cant think of any US President who would miss you.Malcontents, and Lefties in the main.Same applies to all ,only Brits here beat in the Yanks on "It Aint Fair" Dept.:stoner:

As an independent who was not a big fan of Trump, it's clear the Democratic Party is a party on the verge of collapse under its own corruption and stupidity. The republicans aren't much better and we could have certainly done better than Trump had the two parties not failed us so miserably. I'll be voting a straight libertarian ticket next election. Neither part deserves our vote!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is also the false assumption that  alternative energies are a cure all. they do as much damage to the environment as conventional fuels; Windmill turbines decimate bird populations causing havoc in ecosystems as insects,small rodents and other pests  lose their predators, and the  predators that eat the birds lose their food supply. The areas around wind farms are virtual death fields filled with dead and slowly dying birds.

Not so.  The difference is several orders of magnitude compared to what collisions with other objects and cats can do to them:

Wind turbines kill between 214,000 and 368,000 birds annually — a small fraction compared with the estimated 6.8 million fatalities from collisions with cell and radio towers and the 1.4 billion to 3.7 billion deaths from cats, according to the peer-reviewed study by two federal scientists and the environmental consulting firm West Inc.

5957051b3fc47_birddeaths.png.04bdbea457612b89c9bd08e020ddc27d.png

Finally, this is a big part of the problem:

We shouldn't be thinking about JUST now.  We should be planning for the future and getting ready for those days when fossil fuels become economically unviabale.

Edited by attrayant

On 6/28/2017 at 5:56 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

lets take india which is a developing country. they are now building massive solar power stations. it looks very promising.

nuclear is not the answer and many countries are now committing to shutting down their nuclear power plants. i was talking about cold fusion.

India will get less than ten percent of their power from solar, and will increase they power usage by several 100% in the next forty years. Cold fusion is nuclear power and it is still a pipe dream that has done nothing. Oil, Coal and Hydro-electric and nuclear will provide at least 80% of the power in the next several decades.  Its nice to think not but it will be.

30 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

From what the Americans post here with a few contented exceptions, i cant think of any US President who would miss you.Malcontents, and Lefties in the main.Same applies to all ,only Brits here beat in the Yanks on "It Aint Fair" Dept.:stoner:

Nothing to do with 'unfair', it's disgust and disbelief, the God father without the charisma or the power, he is a frightened little boy who wants to be loved, way out of his depth and he knows it.

Nothing to do with 'unfair', it's disgust and disbelief, the God father without the charisma or the power, he is a frightened little boy who wants to be loved, way out of his depth and he knows it.

True but that's America,like the Brits they have elected Clowns too.You had Obama,Brits had Blair.Yer best one got Shot,theirs died after beaten Hitler with Ike's bit late help.?[emoji481][emoji631]

14 hours ago, Thaidream said:

It never ceases to amaze me how Trump supporters answer back by attacking those of us personally who bring up cogent answers to why we do not like the Trump agenda. Oh....that's right..... Mr Trump himself answers his critics the same way....by attacking them personally and providing no answer as to what is wrong with the healthcare bill; building a useless wall; deporting immigrants who have no police record  etc, etc.

I finally got it- the Trump supporters have the same demeanor as their demagogue- they are also mean; nasty; without any substance and can't make a cogent argument, I don't know how they will survive when Trump has to resign or impeached. Actually- I do.  They will blame it all on us.

Why do you have to label? There are a lot of arguments left and right that make sense. Not all Trump's policies are good and not all Obama's policies were good. Some of us lean left in our thinking and some lean right. Problem now is the intense hatred that Trump seems to have ignited in those on the left. Stop calling all those who support Trump stupid like all those who have liked your post above. The image of America has been going down for years. Nothing new. Seems more so under Trump, but I blame the press. America are an easy target, not helped by some of their foreign policies.

If I had to live any other place it would be America,the only place I've ever lived relaxed .Love the place, hate to hear it put down by malcontents.Trump or no Trump.?[emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, Johpa said:

Again, the Paris Accord did not mandate anything, not even a single nebulous pledge. Trump could have maintained the US as signatory to the Paris Accord  and reduced any pledge by Obama to any environmental fund to any extent he wanted to keep his denier base happy, and still be a signatory to the accord.

And why worry about a billion dollars relative to the trillions of dollars unaccountable in the Pentagon budget alone every year. But of course we can't talk about that or very, very bad things begin to happen.

Wasting money is not a good thing. Trump is putting an end to it. You don't justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. By the way, you failed to mention the trillions of unaccountable dollars happened under Obama not Trump. 

14 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The world is awash in cheap energy. I see that the US gas prices haven't been this low in 10+ years. The Canadian  economy  which was dependent upon its oil exports has tanked because it's too expensive compared to shale oil & gas. Mexico has similar pressure.

The USA  doesn't need middle east energy. It is Europe which is dependent upon Russian gas and middle eastern oil. The economies of  Asia, especially India and China need the Iranian and middle east  oil.However, the Chinese dumped their solar panels on the market destroying the German market, so alternative such as solar isn't a money maker in the west. There is also the false assumption that  alternative energies are a cure all. they do as much damage to the environment as conventional fuels; Windmill turbines decimate bird populations causing havoc in ecosystems as insects,small rodents and other pests  lose their predators, and the  predators that eat the birds lose their food supply. The areas around wind farms are virtual death fields filled with dead and slowly dying birds.  Solar energy requires a grid to tap into and isn't interchangeable with standard electricity current. Hydro electric energy generation can destroy river  ecosystems wiping out fauna and impacting potable water quality etc.  All of these 'alternatives'  have a cost. No argument that they must be  used, but they are currently not a replacement for conventional energy sources.

In any case, Trump and his supporters have set back  the PR image of the USA  100 years. No one aside from despots  and thugs wants to be associated with the USA now. trump has pushed Asia into the embrace of China and the EU is moving away from the USA. Both Australia and Canada, two of the USA's most reliable and important allies have all but written off the Trump administration and are pursuing other options.  The USA has  few if any friends left  and sadly, most Americans don't get it, and if they do, do not understand the implications. The next 9/11, no one is going to come to the aid of the USA. The trade war trump is prosecuting with harmless Canada, the bullying of Mexico, just means that the next time  thousands of Americans require safe refuge, those countries will apply reciprocity and announce visa requirements and a ban on possibly violent gun toting Americans.

Trump is a nationalist, he's American and he does what he thinks is good for America. He made no secret about that during his campaign and he was elected president. His approval ratings in the US are rising.  I'm not worried about the EU, I wouldn't shed a tear if the U.K.'s example started a domino effect and the EU fell apart. I'm not worried about Mexico and it's pourous border and their policy towards illegal immigration to the US, while enforcing strict immigration laws into Mexico at their southern border. 

Trump has not been unfair, he's simply re-doing many of the bad deals we were engaged in. 

Edited by bushdoctor

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

#1 it costs much more to do fracking for shale oil than it does to pound oil from the oil sands of Canada, the big difference is once you have done the fracking you are pumping oil and can continue to pump no matter the price, with oil sands you have to pound the oil out as you get it so the cost is constant and at the mercy of world oil price.

#2 Wind turbines do not kill that many birds, I lived in the middle of a 147 windmill farm and I am/was an avid outdoorsman, I saw very little evidence of this and I could also here a mouse fart underneath them. The wildlife there is being decimated by farming practices but that is another issue.

#3 I agree that dams do change the ecosystem, but the new ecosystem that replaces the old seams healthy and thriving.

#4 If Trump were to do the large tariffs on Chinese goods like he said he would it would do more for the world environment than anything else. Lets face it China's goods are very cheap because they don't care about the environment or human rights. I don't think Trump will step on the billionaire toes like that though. He lied big time on that and by the way every President since and including Reagan have been outsourcing and importing labor to beat the US worker into the ground, and have succeeded big time.

#5 The USA is controlled by big corporations and billionaire's. Our stupid Wars [ most all since and including Vietnam] are driven by the war machine, nothing in the history of man has been more profitable than war.

#5 Canada, Europe and the rest of the world want to sell their goods tariff free in the US but won't allow or charge tariffs on the import of US goods, they get very upset and call it a trade war if the US even thinks about tariffs on their goods. Americans have to pay all the development costs of US drugs while others are exempt from that cost, which makes US drugs multiple times costlier than the same drug outside.

I suggest that all countries provide there own defense and then see how much they have left to live on. Don't cry for help when your neighbor decides to take your country.

3 minutes ago, Grubster said:

#1 it costs much more to do fracking for shale oil than it does to pound oil from the oil sands of Canada, the big difference is once you have done the fracking you are pumping oil and can continue to pump no matter the price, with oil sands you have to pound the oil out as you get it so the cost is constant and at the mercy of world oil price.

#2 Wind turbines do not kill that many birds, I lived in the middle of a 147 windmill farm and I am/was an avid outdoorsman, I saw very little evidence of this and I could also here a mouse fart underneath them. The wildlife there is being decimated by farming practices but that is another issue.

#3 I agree that dams do change the ecosystem, but the new ecosystem that replaces the old seams healthy and thriving.

#4 If Trump were to do the large tariffs on Chinese goods like he said he would it would do more for the world environment than anything else. Lets face it China's goods are very cheap because they don't care about the environment or human rights. I don't think Trump will step on the billionaire toes like that though. He lied big time on that and by the way every President since and including Reagan have been outsourcing and importing labor to beat the US worker into the ground, and have succeeded big time.

#5 The USA is controlled by big corporations and billionaire's. Our stupid Wars [ most all since and including Vietnam] are driven by the war machine, nothing in the history of man has been more profitable than war.

#5 Canada, Europe and the rest of the world want to sell their goods tariff free in the US but won't allow or charge tariffs on the import of US goods, they get very upset and call it a trade war if the US even thinks about tariffs on their goods. Americans have to pay all the development costs of US drugs while others are exempt from that cost, which makes US drugs multiple times costlier than the same drug outside.

I suggest that all countries provide there own defense and then see how much they have left to live on. Don't cry for help when your neighbor decides to take your country.

I agree, but let's not forget about North Korea. Priorities don't allow Trump to implement large tariffs at the moment. 

On 30/6/2560 at 3:41 PM, dutchisaan said:

What media is talking about assassinating Trump? Did I miss some important news, or is the fake news you like to commend on?

But you know what, sorry if the donald is pissed off. If this narcissistic clown off a want to be president thinks it's ok to insult everyone that doesn't agree with his childish behavior, than he better moves backto his tower in NY.

There he can bs everyone around him and nobody will give a sh*t.

You're right.  it's alarmist rhetoric, again, from the ever-shrinking cadre of Trump fans.  No one is talking about assassinating Trump.  Ok, one female comedian posted a pic of her holding a facsimile of Trump's head, but she pulled the pic and apologized for poor taste.  She's one of 340 million Americans.   If Trump shielders want to use that one person's one retracted photo as proof that the entire news media is rabbling to assassinate the Dufus, then that, in itself, is a sad indication of the desperation of Trump fans.  They're cornered.  Corner a group of rats in a room, and see how they respond.