Image of the United States has plunged under Trump, survey shows

webfact

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RobFord said:

Yep. They've all learned the trump loves to be flattered.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/poland-trump-supporters-picnic-us-president

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Admirable if helping a mentally impaired child build some self esteem.

Horrifying in the context of a U.S. president.

It's basically the world saying, we've got your number, you are a total MORON, but you eject presents if we humor you.

As an American, this is a national disgrace and the longer it lasts, the more damage it does. 

On 7/4/2017 at 10:55 AM, Berkshire said:

Actually, I thank President Obama for turning the economy around after the crash of 2008.  You remember the 2008 Financial Crisis...which was caused largely by Republican policies.

Sure I do .... lost everything. Thanks Bush/republicans.

2 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Screenshot 2017-07-08 18.19.46.png

He must be really steaming knowing he can't bully and order people around like he did in his many failed businesses.

An archaic, isolationist dinosaur he is.

Welcome to the real world inept one.

For those who have followed US politics closely for decades, we're familiar with the name George Will.  He's been a right-wing conservative columnist and has backed republican candidates since Caine and Abel.  I'm a liberal, and never thought I'd recommend listening to Mr. Will, but he's now solidly in the anti-Trump camp.  He's one of the most thoughtful and well-spoken people in US politics.  Take a listen how he eviscerates Trump, limb by limb, tendon by synapse . . . . . 

4 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Screenshot 2017-07-08 18.19.46.png

He's thinking, "how long do I have to sit here and act presidential.  I want to get back to my golf courses, eat ice cream, drink cokes, and have everyone around me continually tell me how smart I am."

What he really really wants to be doing, is grabbing married women's pussies, but those are bygone days. Pesky journalists look at everything he does now, so his pussy grabbing days are behind him, shucks.

The OP refers to a report by Reuters, and this link shows Reuters to be one of the least biased agencies.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/

However, this link

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center/

also shows the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) to be one of the least biased sources of news, and as ANY Australian could tell you, the ABC is the MOST biased news source in the country, with not one of their on air presenters being even close to cente, but every one being o the rabid left.

The Australian Financial Review is also listed as non biased.

Check this link by one of their extreme left reporters on the previous Prime Minister (of the right, obviously) for use of emotive, hysterical language

http://www.afr.com/opinion/tony-abbott-even-his-friends-now-say-he-is-a-liar-and-a-clunkhead-20170224-gukkca

Based on these few links, I wouldn't be taking any notice of what Reuters is reporting.

Edited by F4UCorsair

39 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

The OP refers to a report by Reuters, and this link shows Reuters to be one of the least biased agencies.

However, this link

also shows the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) to be one of the least biased sources of news, and as ANY Australian could tell you, the ABC is the MOST biased news source in the country, with not one of their on air presenters being even close to cente, but every one being o the rabid left.

Based on these few links, I wouldn't be taking any notice of what Reuters is reporting.

" the ABC is the MOST biased news source in the country, with

not one of their on air presenters being even close to cente, but every one being o the rabid left."

I request some substantiation for that hysterical, hyperbolic statement please.

"Based on these few links, I wouldn't be taking any notice of what Reuters is reporting."

Well, it certainly appears  that you have.

If not just to deflect.

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

However, this link

The Australian Financial Review is also listed as non biased.

Check this link by one of their extreme left reporters on the previous Prime Minister (of the right, obviously) for use of emotive, hysterical language

http://www.afr.com/opinion/tony-abbott-even-his-friends-now-say-he-is-a-liar-and-a-clunkhead-20170224-gukkca

Laura Tingle is not a member of the 'rabid left', (she has won a number of awards for excellence of reporting), nor generally are ABCs reporters. Reuters has great credibility, one can only assume you're a member of the 'rabid right'.

Edited by simple1

"New poll reveals the first word that comes to mind when Americans think of Trump.

What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? That’s the open-ended question a Quinnipiac poll asked Americans recently."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/new-poll-reveals-the-first-word-that-comes-to-mind-when-americans-think-of-trump/

Edited by Opl

7 minutes ago, Opl said:

"New poll reveals the first word that comes to mind when Americans think of Trump.

What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? That’s the open-ended question a Quinnipiac poll asked Americans recently."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/new-poll-reveals-the-first-word-that-comes-to-mind-when-americans-think-of-trump/

Not surprising. 

I'd like to see an international poll now on the first word most foreigners think of when you say Americans.

I am thinking trump and idiots would rate high. Because we collectively made him president, more or less deserved. 

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not surprising. 

I'd like to see an international poll now on the first word most foreigners think of when you say Americans.

I am thinking trump and idiots would rate high. Because we collectively made him president, more or less deserved. 

Suckers.

24 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:
43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not surprising. 

Suckers.

They knew what they were voting for and got what they voted for:

A racist blowhard who gives the libtards the middle finger.

An Isalmophobe who has instituted a Muslim ban.

A misogynist who'll make a go at taking away women's right to birth control and abortion. First step: appoint a corporatist anti-abortion judge to the Supreme Court.

Racial anxiety has made many whites angry and they voted for someone to lash out at everyone who will not acknowledge their anger and are demanding  they adapt to a more closely integrated world.

"Reality sucks and I just want my old white supremacist world back." Hence: Make America Great Again.

It wasn't an empty slogan to them, though, in reality, it *is* an empty slogan. We are seeing American decline rather than ascendancy.

In that sense, yes, they are suckers—but for their own delusions.

T

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe enough about Trump, and the U.S.   But, nothing about what Australia is doing (or intends to do) to step up their game to compensate for America's "decline".

On 7/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, Rancid said:

So is the dislike for Trump from his actions or lack of actions? He was elected saying he would drain the swamp, he didn't. That he would reduce wars, he didn't. That he would make America great again, that doesn't seem likely either as US greatness was based upon everybody sharing the wealth whereas, as with most countries now, its all going to the rich.

He attacks the media for fake news, well nothing new about that, but why doesn't he mention his own fake campaign promises?

Psychopathy is among the most difficult disorders to spot. The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, he lacks conscience and empathy, making him manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal. 

So shall we have a sweepstake on TV as to which Trump family member is going to be banged up first?

Kushner Cos. Sought Qatar Funds as Jared Advised Trump

A few months before President Donald Trump encouraged Saudi Arabia and others to blockade Qatar, the real estate business owned by the family of his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, sought a substantial investment from one of the Gulf State country’s wealthiest and most politically influential figures, according to a spokesman for Kushner Cos.

Since at least 2015, Kushner, his father, Charlie, and other officials of the company had discussions with Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr Al Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar who now runs a private investment firm. The talks were about a possible cash infusion of $500 million for the Kushners’ financially challenged high rise at 666 Fifth Ave. in Manhattan.

I hope for Kushners sake there is no connection between the non investment and the sudden turn on Qatar by the US. Oh dear oh dear! Seems like one of the biggest rats in the nest is the quiet boy Kushner. Maybe Daddy can give him a loan of his prison uniform.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/kushner-cos-sought-qatar-funds-as-jared-advised-trump

14 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

So shall we have a sweepstake on TV as to which Trump family member is going to be banged up first?

I hope for Kushners sake there is no connection between the non investment and the sudden turn on Qatar by the US. Oh dear oh dear! Seems like one of the biggest rats in the nest is the quiet boy Kushner. Maybe Daddy can give him a loan of his prison uniform.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/kushner-cos-sought-qatar-funds-as-jared-advised-trump

Only the US did not "turn on Qatar". Rather, Trump did. The State Department view and statement is not in sync with his Trump's previous statements, the sale of F-15's was approved, US troops are still in country.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Only the US did not "turn on Qatar". Rather, Trump did. The State Department view and statement is not in sync with his Trump's previous statements, the sale of F-15's was approved, US troops are still in country.

I agree, wrong choice of words on my part. You are correct it was Trump that turned on Qatar. Just more and more things for Mueller to look at. Maybe the Administration strategy is to give Mueller so much to look at he will die of old age before the investigation is over.

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

I agree, wrong choice of words on my part. You are correct it was Trump that turned on Qatar. Just more and more things for Mueller to look at. Maybe the Administration strategy is to give Mueller so much to look at he will die of old age before the investigation is over.

But I'll add this - I doubt that Trump's tweet had anything directly to do with Kushner's financial dealings (or rather, failure of) vs. Qatar. It's an open question whether Kushner's stance was significantly influenced by the failure to secure Qatari financial involvement in his business venture. And even if it did, it would raise other questions relating as to the level of Trump's reliance on Kushner's sentiments when engaging in one of his tweeter sessions. If I had to guess, considering Trump's attentions span and lack of in-depth interest with regard to such matters - sort of like when a snippet from Fox sticks in his consciousness or some negative background noise.  

On 6/27/2017 at 10:15 AM, webfact said:

Image of the United States has plunged

I'd argue that it is the image of Republicans that has plunged.

No one can credibly take any Republican moralizing seriously when they continued to support Trump after the release of the Access Hollywood tape.

No one can credibly take Republican declarations of patriotism seriously after they continue to delay and stymie investigations into Russian interference in US elections.

No one can credibly take Republican glorification of the US constitution seriously as they ignore PRESIDENT Trump's incessant attacks on the the Third Estate.

T