Phuket Governor signs Thailand’s first anti-bribery MoU

webfact

Phuket Governor signs Thailand’s first anti-bribery MoU

The Phuket News

1498618190_1-org.jpg

PACC Secretary-General Prayong Priyajit speaks to the press outside Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (June 27).

PHUKET: -- The signing of what is being hailed as Thailand’s first anti-bribery Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) drew more than 120 people to Phuket Provincial Hall meeting room yesterday (June 27).

Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) Secretary-General Prayong Priyajit along with Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong signed the MoU to facilitate citizens in accessing government services and reducing the opportunity for corruption in order to drive Phuket’s government to a “Smart Government”.

The MoU supports the Licensing Facilitation Act of Thailand, issued in 2015, which requires government offices to disclose the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the granting of all licenses, permits, registrations and notifications by government offices that are required prior to establishment and operation of a business.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-signs-thailand-first-anti-bribery-mou-62754.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-28

Phuket Vows To Become Thailand’s 1St Corruption-Free Province

By Kaewta Ketbungkan, Staff Reporter

3064835407_c52e00484b_o-696x466.jpg

Tourists are fined for riding a motorbike without wearing helmets in 2008 in Phuket. Photo: William Cho/ Flickr.

PHUKET — The governor of a popular island by the Andaman Sea promised to make it Thailand’s first province to end corruption after he signed an agreement with anti-corruption officials Tuesday.

Phuket governor Norraphat Plodthong signed a memorandum of understanding with the Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission – which operates under the Ministry of Justice – by which he agreed to implement policies to tackle corrupt practices in the island.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/06/28/phuket-vows-become-thailands-1st-corruption-free-province/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-29

Ha ha corruption free hey  Does your police force know that? I see it is compulsory to wear helmets in Thailand does that mean for Thai bike riders also? If so maybe somebody should start booking them Lol because most i see dont wear helmets I think the guy in the picture is helping the cop write the ticket out because usually they just stick the money in their pockets with no tickets

I will believe it when I see new footpaths that replace the same ones that I have seen since 2006, pot holes, no ramps and narrow, where you can't walk side by side without pushing people of the footpaths, let alone push a stroller along without almost emptying your kid head 1st onto the road. 

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

If another headline would read:

"Norway vows to become a taxpayer’s paradise"

I would bet on the latter.

and the UK is going to deport all immigrants living there or working illegally .:shock1:

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Tomorrow's Headline:

Phuket governor declares island corruption free

Tomorrow's Headline Amended:

Phuket Governor transferred as the PM wants him to work side by side with him in his office.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket governor Norraphat Plodthong signed a memorandum of understanding with the Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission – which operates under the Ministry of Justice – by which he agreed to implement policies to tackle corrupt practices in the island.

He has failed to show what policies he has agreed to implement, and what bait he is going to use.

We have a Greek food back home that we call fusolia, its great for making you break wind, we usually refer to it when someone is full of it, you can work out the rest 555