Mortgage Company willing to Loan 50% (whoops you're American, Forget it!)

On 7/3/2017 at 3:32 PM, daboyz1 said:

The alternative is to keep paying rent, in which case I have zero hope of getting 1 baht back on that. If I put a 50% down payment on the place and my monthly housing cost is cut in half, then it seems like I'm doing alright because even though I've put down the massive down payment, it seems like the rent savings would offset the down payment in 10 years or so. Then after 10 years the rest is gravy.

I'm paying 25000 a month on what I suspect to be a condo worth 4 to 5 million baht currently.

Ive just sold my condo in Jomtien. Bought last August, after taxes, agent fees, maitenance etc I have actually made a profit of 7 %, plus the saving on rental payments is another 10%. Its not all doom and gloom, so if it suits you and can get a loan, go for it...The added benefit of feeling secure and being able to do what I want when I wanted without a landlords permission has also been very beneficial

20 hours ago, baansgr said:

Ive just sold my condo in Jomtien. Bought last August, after taxes, agent fees, maitenance etc I have actually made a profit of 7 %, plus the saving on rental payments is another 10%. Its not all doom and gloom, so if it suits you and can get a loan, go for it...The added benefit of feeling secure and being able to do what I want when I wanted without a landlords permission has also been very beneficial

Well there is always an exception to the rule. 

My check today is over 1000 units for sale in Jomtien in Ddproperty. For a small beach town in the third world, that's a lot. 

My normal spidey business intelligence tells me you got lucky or found dumb money. Both are good when selling.  Congratulations 

7 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Well there is always an exception to the rule. 

My check today is over 1000 units for sale in Jomtien in Ddproperty. For a small beach town in the third world, that's a lot. 

My normal spidey business intelligence tells me you got lucky or found dumb money. Both are good when selling.  Congratulations 

And ddproperty isn't even half of the units for sale.