The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

12 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I think you would have liked the band last night, as the band was brought from Pattaya by a member of the Mad Dogs motorcycle club I was expecting a loud rock band (I'm a big fan of rock) but they were almost the opposite. Extremely good musicians at a volume you could still converse over and a wide pallet of music but aimed at our generation. I wouldn't normally advertise but if you live in the Pattaya area and you see them advertised they are well worth watching, they are Elements and they have a facebook page if anyone is interested.

Now that sounds great. Thinking back I've never been to a concert that I was comfortable with. I've often come out with my head thumping and ears ringing.

• Like 2

Good news, you have got just the right person in your sister to help in these troubled times. Unconditional support and some straight talking.

The ambiance of the place where you are will no doubt help too. I hope there is a little traditional pub with Fullers or Young's to help with the thinking process in the vicinity too when your sister is busy in the city.

Music scene in Thailand is pretty good. I don't recall where you were living but there are some good bands and singer/guitarists around as Owl says. Good you have some banjos to play with in the meantime, but music bars in Thailand is something to consider in the future (no disrespect to SR).

I hope we hear from Ody soon, although I feel confidant he will be fine and just looking for an internet connection.

All the best,

G

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

I too am very concerned about our chum Ody. 

I continue to pray he he is watching the sunrises and sunsets  as we do as well as enjoying his life and recovery. 

Please Ody send us a sign. 

TDL

but Ody said goodbye, he said he wasn't going to communicate with us after he got to Oz. 

• Like 1

On 2017-7-23 at 8:17 PM, owl sees all said:

Now that sounds great. Thinking back I've never been to a concert that I was comfortable with. I've often come out with my head thumping and ears ringing.

I used to go and see Motorhead & Saxon in the late 70's early 80's and they were both competing to be the loudest band in the world. all you could hear was shshshshshshshshs for 3 days after their concerts.

• Like 2

On 2017-7-23 at 9:02 PM, The Dark Lord said:

Hi SR, thanks for the info,actually have six guitars stashed at my sisters. They cam out of a four year hibernationand every single one was still perfectly in tune. Two of them I picked up in France years ago and they have been customised with Seymour Duncan pickups and (as yet) undefined bridges and switches. Having knocked out a few barely recognisable tunes this morning they are a delight to play, more so than the US strat and jazz bass . 

Not clear on future plans but but should I come back to LoS then will certainly spend some time in your area and will live to experience some good live music.

hope the aches and pains are receding.

cheers for now

TDL

I'm a huge fan of SD pickups, put a lil 59 in the bridge of a tele and it was sweet but as I mentioned before I only have a Jap Jackson here now with SD design pickups but still good. It wasn't cheap but when you have an expensive guitar, told you before tele, les paul, but my Jackson Phil Collen was awesome and so it should be at 3.5K UK. maybe when I go back to the UK will buy a James Burton Tele and reclaim vat then declare it here but the temperature and humidity kills strings, I keep the packets in the fridge. It comes across you are more chilled now, look after yourself TDL and all the rest of you old reprobates ........

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

If you think the Thai music scene is good try the Philippines. Best singers and musicians in Asia. In fact the best hotels have Filipino bands.

Anyway glad to hear everyone is ok and getting their heads straight. Stay single, surround with family and friends, and have FUN we'll all be dead soon enough! 

Yes, very true, some of the best bands are Filipino.

Fact is they speak English better than Thais for a start so the singers know what they are singing and how to pronounce things. The musicians are also usually more proficient too, as you say.

I don't think you will get many Filipino bands playing in Nackon Nowhere though.

Yes, good to hear the Great Escape seems to have been successful.

Not over yet. We will see when we get more news.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I used to go and see Motorhead & Saxon in the late 70's early 80's and they were both competing to be the loudest band in the world. all you could hear was shshshshshshshshs for 3 days after their concerts.

Wow, noisy! But good.

Did you ever see Grand Funk Railroad? My ears were ringing for nearly a week!

Serious Rock & Roll. I love it too.

I'm amazed I'm not deaf now.

I hope Ody gives up an update soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Can do a hell of a lot worse than listen to Wise Owls advice. 

Indeed, he has some words of wisdom.

After 17 years, something I have never done, I am trying to understand the guilt you are feeling, it must be crushing.

You need to consider the quid pro quo of all those years.

Do you really owe her anything?

Anyway,

One of my all time favourite bands said it pretty well, though not entirely the same situation:

On the other subject, Ody maybe needs some "down time" from everything Thai.

In his own time I trust we will get the story.

Best wishes,

How's the beer?

G

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Odysseus123 said:

Hmmm,

In the State of New South Wales-all statistics indicated that if you were a male recently diagnosed with cancer,in your 50-60's,recently retired or divorced or alone and isolated the chances were that you were going to die and that goes for heart attacks and other problems too.

My male cancer support group had 3 men who sorta shuffled their feet and looked at the floor-the women's group across the hall had about 30 and they were all chattering away and networking quite happily together.

The price of being (or pretending to be) an alpha male can be very high.

Hmmmm. While the medical profession were happy enough to mutilate me to keep me a taxpayer for more years, they never suggested a cancer support group, and I did it alone. Then they could only offer drugs for the depression that followed.

Western women won the game long ago, but they have kept it a secret to keep us mere males in thrall, else we might rebel. Even escaping to a man friendly country like Thailand is to be discouraged, hence the constant propaganda about how evil the nite scene here is.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2017 at 11:07 AM, The Dark Lord said:

their ability to self destruct is beyond my capability to comprehend. Only when the cold harsh truth not of what they have done but what the effects are going to be,hits is there any sign of remorse. 

Not even sure remorse is shown, more like just a pathetic pleading for money due to the realisation of their very recent change in circumstances and barely credible claims of eternal love, inability to sleep etc etc etc. 

My my heart is starting to harden as a glimmer of common sense starts to show through. 

It is not until the ATM shuts off and the penny drops a few weeks later you are not coming back, and suddenly, the life they once knew has turned to shit, do they realise something is wrong. The claims of eternal love, 'I cannot sleep tee rak', the village gossip starts doing the rounds, and they realise they suddenly have nothing without Mr Farang, does a little remorse filter in (and in most cases, it was not asking for more money).  As I found out, the moment I went back to her (I did this once) even just for a few days, NOTHING had changed, so I left.

They just cannot change.

Only yesterday I had been severely sick. I got some very bad news from the Doctor, and I did not take it well. I went for a walk for several hours digesting the news, and my wife and friends got very worried. One of my best friends went around to my ex-girlfriends place seeing if I had passed that way. Only one month ago she had contacted me asking me for a significant amount of money, and I said no. She then told others she blamed my wife for telling her no.

My friend then says that he saw a new 'upgraded' farang had already moved in with her and that she was just soaping me for money.

When it is a matter of survival, these people will do anything, and I need to remember that now always.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2017 at 0:01 PM, madusa said:

Mikiea or whatever your name is. I am a good disciple of Buddha so I don't retaliate.

"a terd by any other name is still a terd...."  I like that. This whole forum is a big piece of terd if i may say so. I prefer more common word "dog shit" rather than terd.

you do not retaliate because you are a good disciple of buddha  ? and yet   ? the forum is shit ?  do you have any idea how foolish you are ?  i think not , another case of blood simple .....