Yamaha nouvo elegance.

nev

I have found a nouvo elegance while searching for a NMAX, the price seems quiet reasonable 11,000 baht, it has 34,000ks but needs a new turn  signal switch( relay switch?), the young lad not good with English.

Now how much would I be up for if this was the only problem when I go see the bike? Rough estimate lads.

Thanks in advance. Nev.

Pic attached of the bike.

Freeshot_2017-07-02-20-52-52.png

By the way it has a greenbook he showed me on line and matches the rego.

Is it worth the price or should I give it a miss?, I will be buying a NMAX or a Aerox later but for now just need a bike to see me through until I buy. 

My GT125 is on its way out, and my Honda wave 125 is mainly just a run around.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I would use this until you get your new bike just as good as any scoot for getting anywhere.

Thing is its not registered and we use to go to the farm and around the village, I need a bike to go 24ks into town(Khonkaen ) to save taking the car or the truck. 

I just like riding a bike now and again or I should say scooter and I have my eyes on a NMAX or Aerox but not really want to spend 60k or more right now, if the right NMAX comes up I will transfer the money over, but until then I think this bike was 12,000 I have already got him to drop to 11,000 and he has explained the main things wrong and shown the green book seems a decent bike for the price.

As long as you can establish it didn't have a serious accident and the chassis is intact,  everything else can be fixed reasonably, even the engine. (Although not easy to check that...) 

I know of a scooter that has a warp chassis (I think anyway,  and probably due to accident, or drop in a big pothole), and the rear wheel is not quite aligned,  so every few thousand kilometer the whole auto clutch and transmission has to be repaired and  renewed - no one knows exactly why...!

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

As long as you can establish it didn't have a serious accident and the chassis is intact,  everything else can be fixed reasonably, even the engine. (Although not easy to check that...) 

I know of a scooter that has a warp chassis (I think anyway,  and probably due to accident, or drop in a big pothole), and the rear wheel is not quite aligned,  so every few thousand kilometer the whole auto clutch and transmission has to be repaired and  renewed - no one knows exactly why...!

On an 11k  bike I wouldn't worry too much.... 

Use it for as long as you need and someone will buy it for 10k..... 

Edited by speedtripler

5 hours ago, speedtripler said:

On an 11k  bike I wouldn't worry too much.... 

Use it for as long as you need and someone will buy it for 10k..... 

This was my thinking, but after a few more enquiries I have found out the rego is out of date 2 years and I would have to drive to yasothorn to register and renew, so I have decided to not buy and bring more money in and buy the NMAX or Aerox.

Thanks for the input you have been very helpful.