Human rights lawyer petitions graft buster to probe Bangkok Observation Tower project

webfact

Human rights lawyer petitions graft buster to probe Bangkok Observation Tower project

By ThaiPBS

Bangkok-Observation-tower.png

BANGKOK: -- Human rights lawyer Srisuwan Janya, also secretary-general of the Association of Thai Constitution Protection, said Monday he would petition the National Anti-Corruotion Commission (NACC) for probe into the 4.6 billion baht Bangkok Observation Tower earlier approved by the Cabinet.

He said the approval of such joint venture project and of the right of the private sector for a 30-year lease of the Treasury Department’s land without calling bids is illegitimate, benefitting certain companies and is tantamount to irregularities.

He asked the NACC to look into the project approval and bring the entire Cabinet to justices for its power abuse.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/human-rights-lawyer-petitions-graft-buster-probe-bangkok-observation-tower-project/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-03

8 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Look at that swollen river. Won't be long before the whole city is swallowed up by the sea. Maybe in my lifetime.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

That's why this tower is needed as a landmark to locate a former capital...

The budget was a little loose.  It was seven billion then four billion give or TAKE, launder, hide, use for wild fun a billion.  It is all good and under my control.   It was more than  just a little shocking, even for Thailand. 

....and I read in another article...750b for foreigners to travel to the top and view the layer of smog (pollution) covering Bangkok on 9 days out of 10......750b...yea right....I think Bangkok is best viewed from street level....my thoughts anyway

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Let them build it.  Then wait for it to tip over and make a new "bridge" across the river.

:shock1:

Well, it's about 250 metres from the Hilton and ,as you probably recall, the court cases over that building...originally to be a Sofitel...went on for a decade or longer when it was discovered that,  when nearing completion, the structure was leaning 2 degrees. The remediation work was horrendously expensive.