Horror in paradise - tourist digs up corpse on holiday beach in Koh Samui

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cultural factors:  ignorance, do you know who my father is, do you know who I am, pi/nong, or I am sa-smart, mai bein rai, nothing is going to happen, I'll be out of jail quickly, because my father is a big deal, money, money, money.. and some foreign tourists with a disregard for culture, that sad case of the pregnant  breast feeding you tube meme and that rasta, now monk-like low life ask for donations because he wants to end his existence....This creates for TOT  insightful PR as wonderful time in LOS....Malaysia( Don't chew gum) Vietnam   hello...

The lucky, have learned to keep away... and go on...

3 hours ago, DerekMarshall said:

You Mean Attention seeking  Sean "Walter Mitty" McCanna, convicted of Indecency with an underaged girl In Scotland. I mean get serious..first thing he does when threatened by mafia in local 7-11 is hide and call satellite TV station Sky news and the UK media indicative of being an attention seeker. 

TBH, trying to get some attention , when someone is trying to kill you, is, quite justified

46 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

Last time I checked Lamai was not on KT, not sure why everybody links this to what happened there

And last time I checked, both islands are neighbors and in the same province and -I assume- under the same police department!

Yeah...I wonder why everybody connects this case to some other cases in the near vicinity!

Well, I guess it will remain an unsolvable mystery!

Like many of the deaths there!

:coffee1:

Serial killer or killers, this is becoming too much of a habit to be random events. And the investigations - with all due respect to the RTP, whom I have a lot of respect for - suggest someone with a lot of money - or influence (same same in Thailand - and too much of the world) is pushing undue influence. Time for the Army to "assist' ..... but that will have to be carefully considered whilst saving face.  Somebody has to realise that saving lives; not to mention saving a multi million Pound golden goose is worth more than saving face.

These probably never were 'paradise' islands; the poisonous hand of mass tourism has pretty much put paid to any pristine beauty that Thai islands once had, and in any case the first whiff of money corrupted the locals as far back as the 60s. I remember the Samui plane crash of 1990, in which a Bangkok Airways turboprop crashed short of the runway in heavy rain. The thirty-seven dead passengers were barely cold before their possessions were looted from the scene by locals.

I was wondering what a homeless woman would have to be stolen... murdered for 20,000 baht...about US$500... is that what those islands have become??

even Global Warming will not cleanse us from their wicked deeds (Apols to Wm Shakespeare)

Just now, Xobtsiwt said:

These probably never were 'paradise' islands; the poisonous hand of mass tourism has pretty much put paid to any pristine beauty that Thai islands once had, and in any case the first whiff of money corrupted the locals as far back as the 60s. I remember the Samui plane crash of 1990, in which a Bangkok Airways turboprop crashed short of the runway in heavy rain. The thirty-seven dead passengers were barely cold before their possessions were looted from the scene by locals.

unfair. most mainlanders just carry on with life as normal

Police seek two men after woman found dead on Koh Samui beach
By The Nation

5126dd27d2839f410d37b01400d0bbf3.jpeg

Two Myanmar men are being sought in relation to the murder of a homeless.

Two Myanmar men are being sought in relation to the murder of a homeless and reportedly mentally unstable Myanmarese woman whose body was found on Monday buried in a Koh Samui beach.

All Thai border checkpoints, especially those neighbouring Myanmar, are being monitored for the suspects, who have been identified only by their first names, Tuay and Auay. The men are believed to have killed the woman during a robbery, a source at Surat Thani’s Bor Phud police station said.

The woman, which had a stab wound in her abdomen, was buried under a metre of sand on popular Lamai Beach after tourists complained to officials about a foul odour. 

Surat Thani authorities believe the woman had been dead for three days. The body was found with a pair of sandals, a coin purse and a small cloth bag for carrying gold ornaments.

Beach vendors said the woman, known by the nickname Rucie, had been on the island for 10 years, living on whatever money she could beg from tourists.

A woman who owns a massage parlour, identifying herself only as Eed, said the deceased woman would visit her every day, but she hadn’t seen her for three days.

Eed said Rucie told her she was now living with Myanmar friends. She said Rucie had owned a gold necklace, which had disappeared.

Pol Colonel Chanaworasin Supanarak, head of Bor Phud police station, said surveillance cameras around the beach would be checked to try to determine what had happened to the woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319867

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-04

The suspects are Burmese, nothing wrong with that, remember 70% of the workers on these islands are foreigners from Myanmar and Laos.

Archived