Horror in paradise - tourist digs up corpse on holiday beach in Koh Samui

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

What is happening to this country ? It's gets worse by the day.

Shocking News !

What's happening is the Internet, which is driven by getting you to click on scary, provocative and outrageous stories to sell ad space.  

12 hours ago, frank83628 said:

deflection...nah....its having an opinion based on actually having spent time on Koh Tao, unlike majority here!

you call that an opinion?

It's amazing - over and above  such out of control behavior, what the hell is going on?  whether people get shit-faced, , this is normal for visits here? My God. I have been buzzed, but had the wherwithawal to realize what was something to get out.I undertstand because  people are buzzed, but just because ur on vacation, you have other options., that doesn't mean you make a fool of your self.  I guess i am different,,,I can drink, yet  keep boundaries.. No bar girl will ever overtake me:)

14 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking News !

oh come on. back home in London the other day a guy got killed with a spade around is his head at a petrol station in front of his mum and dad mid afternoon over who filled up first. nothing wrong with Thailand. its people everywhere. arguments over nothing and no self control

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I used to stay in Koa Tao between visa runs for months at a time over many years around 1995 and it was absolutely amazing mostly sand tracks 1 sleepy police station and lots of bars that got warned to stop selling illegal substances when the proper police would visit occasionally. 

I have fond memories and now have a family I would love to take to that wonderful island and share the beauty and crystal clear waters or should I not ruin my memories and just go to hua hin as usual?

as long as you don't have an attractive daughter you should be alright. kotchai mai krub

15 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

No, just that there is more and more media coverage by the day.

The filth  is just the same as it ever was.  

Homeless Myanmar woman apparently robbed, murdered on Samui
By The Nation

KOH SAMUI: -- The body of a homeless and reportedly mentally unstable Myanmar woman was found on Monday buried on a Koh Samui beach, stabbed in the abdomen.

The body was discovered under a metre of sand on popular Lamai Beach after tourists complained to officials about a foul odour.

Surat Thani authorities believe she had been dead for three days. The body was found with a pair of sandals, a coin purse and another small cloth bag for gold ornaments.

Beach vendors said the woman, known by the nickname Rucie, had been on the island for 10 years, living on whatever money she could beg from tourists.

A woman who owns a massage parlour, identifying herself only as Eed, said the deceased woman would visit her every day, but she hadn’t see her for three days. Eed said Rucie told her she was now living with Myanmar friends, and that Rucie had had a gold necklace, one baht in weight, that had disappeared.

Pol Col Chanaworasin Supanarak, head of Borphut police station, said surveillance cameras around the beach would be checked to try and determine what had happened to the woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319845

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-04

16 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking News !

I'm confused about you being shocked.  Are you saying that murder doesn't happen outside of Thailand?  Why is anyone shocked about anything that happens here?  It's a country like any others with it's share of universal problems: poverty, accidents, deaths, murder, sex trade, robbery, corruption, etc.  The list goes on...

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

If there were this number of mishandeled murder/rape- cases and these many uncleared "suicides" and this much @#$%- up by the police in such a small area over such a short amount of time "back home"....but there never was and never will be!

Last time I checked Lamai was not on KT, not sure why everybody links this to what happened there

4 minutes ago, bkk75 said:

I'm confused about you being shocked.  Are you saying that murder doesn't happen outside of Thailand?  Why is anyone shocked about anything that happens here?  It's a country like any others with it's share of universal problems: poverty, accidents, deaths, murder, sex trade, robbery, corruption, etc.  The list goes on...

But surely the point is the extent that Thailand is in denial about these issues, for fear of negative publicity damaging the tourism trade ( eg, the police comments about the Belgian lass on Koh Tao). 

Thailand continues to 'dine out' on the risible reputation , self ascribed, as a haven of peace and tranquility. There might have been some validity in it....a very long time ago. 

Most countries with a high dependence on tourism will go to great lengths to protect its reputation and to ensure the safety of its guests. Thailand goes into denial , does little or nothing about safety or scams ( other than proposals for tourists to pay insurance, so if they bashed/robbed the treating hospital won't be out of pocket; then there was the proposal to have all tourists wear an indentification bracelet).

I was flying on European airline a couple of weeks ago: the inflight magazine had a story about Thailand : " Thais have perpetual smiles and are the friendliest people on earth". Ridiculous, vomit material.

Thailand needs to front up to the problem of violence and the mafia. While some/many tourists are looking for a 'walk on the wild side', the majority are looking for peace and tranquility. No one wants to uncover a rotting corpse on the beach.

Land of Smiles, no; more like Paradise Lost.

Archived