Horror in paradise - tourist digs up corpse on holiday beach in Koh Samui

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

One more. Thailand is NOT a safe country.

I've lived here for 12 years and i feel safe, wouldn't feel safe in London with all those stabbings going on, seems like a national sport.

3 hours ago, Xobtsiwt said:

These probably never were 'paradise' islands; the poisonous hand of mass tourism has pretty much put paid to any pristine beauty that Thai islands once had, and in any case the first whiff of money corrupted the locals as far back as the 60s. I remember the Samui plane crash of 1990, in which a Bangkok Airways turboprop crashed short of the runway in heavy rain. The thirty-seven dead passengers were barely cold before their possessions were looted from the scene by locals.

Did they wait that long before the looting started, such self-control. 

The figures from a well known UK periodical would suggest that you are right:-

"Last year 61 people were stabbed to death in London, while 29 people have been killed in 2017, up from 23 for the same period the year before."

However, (surprise, surprise,) I can't find any figures for Bangkok or indeed any town/city in Thailand!

1 minute ago, sambum said:

The figures from a well known UK periodical would suggest that you are right:-

"Last year 61 people were stabbed to death in London, while 29 people have been killed in 2017, up from 23 for the same period the year before."

However, (surprise, surprise,) I can't find any figures for Bangkok!

yes but if you add the ratio of population in the count...some surprises may occur...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police seek two men after woman found dead on Koh Samui beach
By The Nation

5126dd27d2839f410d37b01400d0bbf3.jpeg

Two Myanmar men are being sought in relation to the murder of a homeless.

Two Myanmar men are being sought in relation to the murder of a homeless and reportedly mentally unstable Myanmarese woman whose body was found on Monday buried in a Koh Samui beach.

All Thai border checkpoints, especially those neighbouring Myanmar, are being monitored for the suspects, who have been identified only by their first names, Tuay and Auay. The men are believed to have killed the woman during a robbery, a source at Surat Thani’s Bor Phud police station said.

The woman, which had a stab wound in her abdomen, was buried under a metre of sand on popular Lamai Beach after tourists complained to officials about a foul odour. 

Surat Thani authorities believe the woman had been dead for three days. The body was found with a pair of sandals, a coin purse and a small cloth bag for carrying gold ornaments.

Beach vendors said the woman, known by the nickname Rucie, had been on the island for 10 years, living on whatever money she could beg from tourists.

A woman who owns a massage parlour, identifying herself only as Eed, said the deceased woman would visit her every day, but she hadn’t seen her for three days.

Eed said Rucie told her she was now living with Myanmar friends. She said Rucie had owned a gold necklace, which had disappeared.

Pol Colonel Chanaworasin Supanarak, head of Bor Phud police station, said surveillance cameras around the beach would be checked to try to determine what had happened to the woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319867

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-04

Didn't take long to come up with the Burmese angle 

Nope, even corpses in the sand won't stop the redoubtable sheep-like tourists from coming. Maybe dead hands coming out of the water [end of Deliverance] or dead arms shooting out of the ground [end of Carrie] might work.

You can get that now on your flight out of here to Copa cabana Rio.

Bring back pics if you make it out alive

1 minute ago, bannork said:

She was Burmese. She lived with Burmese. Duh!

So, if she had of been Thai, the suspects would then be Thai, is that the way logical reason is applied? 

Poor woman. A mentally handicapped woman simply trying to survive living off the beach and whoever would give her something in a hand to mouth existence. Then apparently robbed and murdered. Man there are some seriously sick and nasty individuals living on this planet! What could she have possibly done to deserve such terrible treatment! Savages!

Her name is Rosie and she was indeed mentally ill but she used to visit us weekly. She would drop into the lobby and use the bathroom. She upset people because she swam naked on Lamai beach in the mornings most days. She was pretty harmless. She did upset some people but we are all shocked that she was murdered.

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

They?

It was only one corpse, wasn't it?

For those of us not familiar with the English language, the word "they" can be used as a 3rd person singular pronoun when not specifying the gender. For example, a writer can use it when they can't use "he" or "she". See what I did there?

19 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Her name is Rosie and she was indeed mentally ill but she used to visit us weekly. She would drop into the lobby and use the bathroom. She upset people because she swam naked on Lamai beach in the mornings most days. She was pretty harmless. She did upset some people but we are all shocked that she was murdered.

How do you know so much? Were you stalking her?

4 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Low lifes robing a mentally ill woman who has nothing.

My vote goes for public hanging !

This is the part I find difficult to understand.

Why go to all the bother of robbing and murdering a bag lady who probably has nothing of value rather than go for more lucrative prey? Another murder where the motives of the murderers doesn`t add up.

Just now, cyberfarang said:

This is the part I find difficult to understand.

Why go to all the bother of robbing and murdering a bag lady who probably has nothing of value rather than go for more lucrative prey? Another murder where the motives of the murderers doesn`t add up.

Didn't she have a one baht gold necklace that disappeared?

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

Didn't she have a one baht gold necklace that disappeared?

In addition many Myanmar people have presently lost their jobs due to the junta's harsh policy on immigrants so many have had to go home. I baht weight of gold is worth what? 17,000 to 18,000 baht? For riff raff it may be worth it to kill someone for that, especially if they were leaving the country afterwards.

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

In addition many Myanmar people have presently lost their jobs due to the junta's harsh policy on immigrants so many have had to go home. I baht weight of gold is worth what? 17,000 to 18,000 baht? For riff raff it may be worth it to kill someone for that, especially if they were leaving the country afterwards.

Seems you don't think much of Myanmar people - and for sure it must have been one of "them" as no Thai would do anything like this - seems that was said before under similar circumstances by someone of importance (currently).  

Archived