Troops to boost police presence at final hearing in Yingluck’s trial

webfact

11 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The fact she was removed by a military coup that was perpetrated and organised in collusion with one of the country's biggest mafiosos will be recognised internationally and by all canny political commentators despite the desperate rantings of the few Shinawatra obsessives left posting here. 

The verdict and trial will be regarded for what it is, a witch hunt by an unelected regime against a previously elected government and with the main objective of removing the country's most popular political party from running permanently.

To say that it is not politically motivated must be one of the most stupid/naive/ignorant* statements ever posted.

*delete as appropriate

If you could comprehend better, you would know I didn't say that the prosecution was NOT politically motivated, but that it is the only defence. I don't care about motivation when the offence is proven. And it will be, very easily.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 at 2:28 PM, jayboy said:

Absolutely.How refreshing it is to hear your brave statement of the facts.Personally I do not think it was worth bringing this case to trial at all because the heaviest penalties are so obviously appropriate.The fact that there has been no evidence produced is immaterial.Political leaders should be responsible for the damage their policies do to the country.It is outrageous that some bad thinking people have pointed out that Yingluck was a legitimate leader implementing policies endorsed democratically while those who seized power caused infinitely greater damage and have avoided punishment.The two cases are not comparable as the military leadership has  brought tranquillity and content.What is more they have obtained a massive vote of satisfaction in the constitutional referendum.The fact that all debate was banned and dissidents were punished is of little relevance.The important thing is that the Shinawatra clan is eviscerated, and the people of Thailand should take guidance from the "good people".

Tranquility and content is through fear and intimidation, I guess we have differing opinions on what tranquility and content actually is. 

11 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Wrong again. No history. Reds just formed after the 2006 coup. You should just stop at 2 wrongs. Don't embarrass yourself further. 

Your embarassing your self by not keeping to the topic.. its about YL and the her supporters and their violent history. Why else would there be a need of the army keeping order at the court. I have given a overview of all the violence they committed and I think the presence is justified. But you keep deflecting trying to change the topic because you can't get it over your heart to admit I am right. You can't look yourself in the mirror anymore if you have to say something negative about YL and her minions. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why else would there be a need of the army keeping order at the court. 

Overreacting, paranoia, insecurity and list goes on. Why you need the army to keep order of middle aged housewives and grannies with flowers. 

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Overreacting, paranoia, insecurity and list goes on. Why you need the army to keep order of middle aged housewives and grannies with flowers. 

I guess you have forgotten the past (selective red memory perhaps)

- judges have been bribed with a cake box by Thaksin (runs in the family)

- Judges have had their adresses made public and threatened by the reds

- Coffins were burned

- Blood was thrown at people by reds

- Hospital bombs and many other bombings

- Intimidation of judges by a large group of protesters.

Guess you forgot about all of that.. the army keeps those people away so now grannies and housewives can give flowers instead of the usual violent red mob. 

13 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The fact she was removed by a military coup that was perpetrated and organised in collusion with one of the country's biggest mafiosos will be recognised internationally and by all canny political commentators despite the desperate rantings of the few Shinawatra obsessives left posting here. 

<snip for brevity>

Former-PM Yingluck was removed on 7th May 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

The coup wasn't until two weeks later, on 22nd May 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Thai_coup_d'état

It is therefore patently untrue to try to claim as a fact , as you do above, that "she was removed by a military coup", would you not agree ? :wink:

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess you have forgotten the past (selective red memory perhaps)

- judges have been bribed with a cake box by Thaksin (runs in the family)

- Judges have had their adresses made public and threatened by the reds

- Coffins were burned

- Blood was thrown at people by reds

- Hospital bombs and many other bombings

- Intimidation of judges by a large group of protesters.

Guess you forgot about all of that.. the army keeps those people away so now grannies and housewives can give flowers instead of the usual violent red mob. 

Guess what. The yellows are in the same class too; threatening stock exchange, banks, government offices, detained camera man and harass voters. Off course that escape your selective memory. 

So far, I see only middle aged aunties and grannies with flowers going to court to support Yingluck. As when you see any violent red mob, do let us know or just keep imagining. 

If you could comprehend better, you would know I didn't say that the prosecution was NOT politically motivated, but that it is the only defence. I don't care about motivation when the offence is proven. And it will be, very easily.

Your final sentence is very revealing of both your obsessive partisanship and ignorance of the law - you know the final outcome already.In any non partisan justice system the political vendetta against the accused would result in an immediate mistrial judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Former-PM Yingluck was removed on 7th May 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yingluck_Shinawatra

The coup wasn't until two weeks later, on 22nd May 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Thai_coup_d'état

It is therefore patently untrue to try to claim as a fact , as you do above, that "she was removed by a military coup", would you not agree ? :wink:

Blimey this canard was laughed off the forum years ago but here it is again.

19 hours ago, jayboy said:

The question of whether it is politically motivated is not in doubt.Even her enemies accept that it is.

Who was it that once said: "So no evidence.No link.No reasoned argument.Just second hand assertions and debate winning ace that "everybody knows"." ?

So not only everybody knows, but even enemies know too... what, is that like a double debate winning ace?

Who was it that once said: "So no evidence.No link.No reasoned argument.Just second hand assertions and debate winning ace that "everybody knows"." ?

So not only everybody knows, but even enemies know too... what, is that like a double debate winning ace?

Let me try and help relieve your confusion.The vendetta against Shinawatra influence is not controversial, not least through the historic evidence of every expedient deployed from judicial activism, street mobs and finally military intervention.Is there any doubt about this from any side, at least with those with an IQ higher than that of a salamander?

The rice price support scheme is quite different since on many detailed aspects there is still doubt.In terms of its place in the effort to rid the country of Shinawatra populism there much is less doubt.

Hope you are less confused now.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Blimey this canard was laughed off the forum years ago but here it is again.

It is usually attributed to Goebbels, that if you repeat a lie often enough, then it becomes the new truth.

I don't accept this lie,  in my world May 22nd remain a couple-of-weeks later than May 7th,  which makes the assertion that  it is "recognised internationally and by all canny political commentators despite the desperate rantings of the few Shinawatra obsessives left posting here"  also untrue.

Anyone who tries to rewrite history, to suit their own particular political-agenda, deserves to be reminded of the true facts.

But feel free to remain in-denial, if you will. :coffee1:

49 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Let me try and help relieve your confusion.The vendetta against Shinawatra influence is not controversial, not least through the historic evidence of every expedient deployed from judicial activism, street mobs and finally military intervention.Is there any doubt about this from any side, at least with those with an IQ higher than that of a salamander?

The precise same argument can be made with regards robblok's remarks about Yingluck. There was nothing at all controversial in what he said. It was all reported in mainstream news at the time.

Let's just say, your demand for absolute incontrovertible proof, or something similar, seems somewhat selectively applied.

It is usually attributed to Goebbels, that if you repeat a lie often enough, then it becomes the new truth.

I don't accept this lie,  in my world May 22nd remain a couple-of-weeks later than May 7th,  which makes the assertion that  it is "recognised internationally and by all canny political commentators despite the desperate rantings of the few Shinawatra obsessives left posting here"  also untrue.

Anyone who tries to rewrite history, to suit their own particular political-agenda, deserves to be reminded of the true facts.

But feel free to remain in-denial, if you will. :coffee1:

Most of us know the sequence of events so please don't patronise the forum. Some of us also have the academic background to analyse without being weighed down by prejudice.I don't want to get into technical discussion of what causes and what does not cause.But the whole world knows the military was responsible.If you believe otherwise make a case with links to reputable sources.If however you persist in trotting out these tired old cliches do be aware that you are going to be challenged.

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

Your final sentence is very revealing of both your obsessive partisanship and ignorance of the law - you know the final outcome already.In any non partisan justice system the political vendetta against the accused would result in an immediate mistrial judgement.

Well pardon my ignorance of the law, but with NO known measures to reduce the losses and a total absence of management meetings, negligence seems pretty bloody obvious. Of course that's a biased view even if supported by the facts, yours that she must be innocent, without any such evidence, is not, right?

A non-partisan justice system doesn't give a tinker's cuss about motivation, it looks at the evidence and decides guilt or innocence. Just because you cry political motivation, and the reds DO EVERY TIME they are prosecuted, doesn't make you innocent OR get you acquitted out of hand.

13 minutes ago, halloween said:

Well pardon my ignorance of the law, but with NO known measures to reduce the losses and a total absence of management meetings, negligence seems pretty bloody obvious. Of course that's a biased view even if supported by the facts, yours that she must be innocent, without any such evidence, is not, right?

A non-partisan justice system doesn't give a tinker's cuss about motivation, it looks at the evidence and decides guilt or innocence. Just because you cry political motivation, and the reds DO EVERY TIME they are prosecuted, doesn't make you innocent OR get you acquitted out of hand.

For the umpteenth time I did not suggest and never have suggested there was no negligence on Yingluck's part.A non partisan justice system would not process the case if it was evident the case was "political" in nature.I fully appreciate in Thailand where there is no credible independence these considerations don't apply.If it helps you understand, consider the futile efforts to extradite Thaksin back to Thailand.I doubt whether foreign countries had much doubt Thaksin had a prima facie case to answer.Nevertheless despite strenuous efforts the demands from Bangkok were ignored because the situation was so obviously politicised.