Pet cremation incinerator built at Nakhon Phanom temple

webfact

Pet cremation incinerator built at Nakhon Phanom temple
By The Nation

NAKHON PHANOM: -- The owner of an animal hospital and an elderly animal lover have built a pet cremation incinerator at a temple in Nakhon Phanom to allow owners to give their pets a decent farewell.

The incinerator was built at the Wat That Foon in Nakhon Phanom’s Mueang district.

Ronnachai Khetsupha, 29, a veterinarian who owns the Ronnachai Animal Hospital, paid Bt106,000 for the incinerator while Uraiwan Worawichianwong, 72, paid for the tile pavement and fencing.

Ronnachai told Matichon Online that he was often asked by owners of deceased pets where they could bury them. Sometimes, owners declined to turn up to reclaim their dead pets at the hospital and other times dead stray dogs and cats were abandoned at the hosptial.

Ronnachai said he raised the issue with Uraiwan, who cares for stray animals and who regularly uses the services at his hospital. 

They agreed to build a special cremation section for pets and searched until they found a temple that was willing to allow the service.

Ronnachai said pet owners can donate to the temple to use the service and they could even have monks or novices at the temple chant prayers for their deceased pets in a farewell rite.

Ronnachai said the pet cremation incinerator is the second one built in the northeastern region. The first was built at Khon Kaen University.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319939

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-05

We have had one here in Phitsanulok for 10+ years. One of the wats (no idea of the name) had dedicated a small incinerator for only pets.

Had the unfortunate opportunity of using it last year and it was very good with a little service before lighting the fire. Appreciated by the missus anyway.

• 1 month later...

My beloved 12 yr old bulldog is in significant pain. All kinds of meds and services via Thong Lor Pet hospital treatments have all run their course.  We cant stand to see him suffer any longer.

Does anyone know where / how a humane pet euthanasia process can be preformed? We're located in Bangkok.

Thanks,

gb33

Our 12 year old chihuahua is on its final steps. Glad that there are temples that do this. There is on in Phuket somewhere.

GB33: Any vet can perform it. Quick and painless (for the dog, not for you). My thoughts go out to you and your family. He has a lovely family. What else could be asked for?

56 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Our 12 year old chihuahua is on its final steps. Glad that there are temples that do this. There is on in Phuket somewhere.

GB33: Any vet can perform it. Quick and painless (for the dog, not for you). My thoughts go out to you and your family. He has a lovely family. What else could be asked for?

Thank you Somtamnication, his brother died naturally at home 2 weeks ago. My 2nd dog seems to have just given up and it breaks my heart. Ill discuss this with Tong Lor Pet Hospital tomorrow morning.

gb33