Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

snoop1130

As reported in the Thai websites: I am unsure whether or not the account below is true.

The Pickup driver had been complaining to this owner in the past about her letting her dog sit in the road all day long, hindering traffic... She apparently lets the dog just sit in the road. 

Out of frustration and anger the Pickup driver decided not to stop. 

I guess her attitude, carelessness and complacency led to pure exasperation and the driver cruely took actions into his own hands with tragic consequences for the dog. 

If this is true: 

His actions are reportedly deliberate and not accidental: He should be charged with cruelty to animals. 

That said, the dogs owner is also complicit to a degree with the manner in which she chose not to ensure her pets safety. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Thailand a dog is worth more than a human, even to the police. As I said last time we could read about a dog attack: the police told me that they would not charge me as I had not hurt the dog that had attacked me... that I was bleeding from scratches and bites and had thorn clothes was nothing, the dogs well-being was more important to them!

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As reported in the Thai websites: I am unsure whether or not the account below is true.

The Pickup driver had been complaining to this owner in the past about her letting her dog sit in the road all day long, hindering traffic... She apparently lets the dog just sit in the road. 

Out of frustration and anger the Pickup driver decided not to stop. 

I guess her attitude, carelessness and complacency led to pure exasperation and the driver cruely took actions into his own hands with tragic consequences for the dog. 

If this is true: 

His actions are reportedly deliberate and not accidental: He should be charged with cruelty to animals. 

That said, the dogs owner is also complicit to a degree with the manner in which she chose not to ensure her pets safety. 

Why should anyone who pays road tax have to put up with a dog who thinks it can block the road?? 

If this has been going on for a long time it's unsurprising the driver finally had enough of it

BTW The Thai method is usually to poison some meat discreetly and drop it and that's a lot worse for the dogs suffering internal bleeding  for 3 days before death

sometimes drivers accidentally kill humans when they swerve or brake to avoid hitting an animal.  unfortunately, you must hit the animal to avoid making the problem worse.  most animals are easily replaced.  i have lost some and been through the sadness.

sometimes drivers accidentally kill humans when they swerve or brake to avoid hitting an animal.  unfortunately, you must hit the animal to avoid making the problem worse.  most animals are easily replaced.  i have lost some and been through the sadness.

The dog didn't just walk in the road though, it sat there for a while which means a ) the driver tried to run over the dog or b ) wasn't looking at the road

Sad for the dog and in most countries the driver would certainly be prosecuted but why arent netizens outraged over people getting run over on the road? Like that woman up in Udon or the 77 year old who is in the news today?

what is happening to this country,the main tv.channels cant wait to show murdered people,animals getting killed,this latest hit and run

is showing what kind of people we are living amongst,i bet the children are loving this kind of every day occurance.

yet a bottle of beer on the sponser's boarding at a football match is blurred out.

both the owner of the dog and the driver of the pick up slept better than me and i only saw the dog sat in the road,then the wife switched off.

too old to pack up and leave.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

killed a dog by running over it with his vehicle

Come on Thailand, get with the program - equal treatment for all animals and humans. The correct procedure to follow in this case would be to stop the car, get out, and beat the crap out of that dog with a baseball bat.

14 hours ago, datom1962 said:

Whoever was driving the truck could clearly see the dog.they have a horn,they could of stopped. If they could not see the dog they should not be driving.

This is just typical of many Thai drivers. 

There is no condoning the drivers actions. Dogs sit in the road all over the world, everyone knows this. Yes the owner of the dog is at fault.assuming it's not a stray but that driver is 100 per cent to blame.I feel sickened that it happened and i can understand many complaining on the net. The way these people drive is being shown more and more now with cameras. How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

This disgusting excuse for a human didn't even stop. He could have put the dog out of its's misery but he just clearly didn't care.

Anyone who feels it's ok to make a pun or call it trivial is no better than the driver.

While I don't condone the driver running over the dog I can only assume that the dog is used to having drivers

brake and wait for it to get out of the way. In Canada dogs do not sit on the road. The occasional dog will

get hit crossing the road. In Thailand they often sit or sleep on the road. Unless the dog was deaf

he would have heard the truck. Most dogs have excellent hearing. He just chose not to move. 99.9 % of drivers

would have stopped (Thais don't like to use the horn) This poor dog met the driver who this time did not.

For me it is the dogs owner who is 100% to blame.

Edited by Ulic

The way these people drive is being shown more and more now with cameras. How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

This disgusting excuse for a human didn't even stop. He could have put the dog out of its's misery but he just clearly didn't care.

right on; as negative as this scenario is, we need to understand who we share the roads with

11 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Terrible. But a Siberian Husky should be running through the snows of the Canadian or Siberian plains and forests. I am appalled when I see this breed here suffering in the Thai tropical heat, it's an act of cruelty in itself. Despite it's painful and cruel death, it's in a better place now.

Obviously haven't a clue about Siberians. Would also suggest you learn about double coats with reference to heat as well as cold. Highly adaptable to temperatures, and mine at the age of 10 can still run circles round other dogs here even in April.

Cruelty? Really? The only cruelty I see here is that the owner has left it to lie in the road.

Which leads to another urban myth that you can never let a husky of a leash otherwise it will run away and you will never get it back.

Meh.............................:smile:

595d9e43528b0_huskiesvothers-2.jpg.70056efeb1382988fd1d8efc0a4fc6ab.jpg

This is on the banks of the Nan river in Phitsanulok. None of these dogs were stressed out by the heat. The golden was a bit stressed for other reasons, but it was all play! All the dogs are from various owners and was a regular sight there.

Whoever was driving the truck could clearly see the dog.they have a horn,they could of stopped. If they could not see the dog they should not be driving.

This is just typical of many Thai drivers. 

There is no condoning the drivers actions. Dogs sit in the road all over the world, everyone knows this. Yes the owner of the dog is at fault.assuming it's not a stray but that driver is 100 per cent to blame.I feel sickened that it happened and i can understand many complaining on the net. The way these people drive is being shown more and more now with cameras. How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

Anyone who feels it's ok to make a pun or call it trivial is no better than the driver.

QUOTE: He could have put the dog out of its's misery but he just clearly didn't care.

Would that be legal?

And how?

With his bare hands?

By driving over it again?

While listening to the irresponsible owner shouting Money Money Money?

While possibly being lynched by a mob of soi dog feeders?

Very sad. This time was a dog, but can be a child next. Driving at that speed on a narrow and busy street like that one is very common here, and show any care about the chance of a serious accident. Anyway...in this case looks like this was result of rage not distraction. I hope the driver will be punished.

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Regardless, the driver of the truck may yet be identified if he's a local.

He is identified (70 y.o. Thai "lung", said to be a known dog-hater according to some locals) and he is publicly challenging the dog owner to sue him. Denies he did that on purpose, though.

It's made my day.  One down a million to go.  When will bleeding-heart liberals realise animals are secondary to man.  If they roam the streets unchecked they are fair game.  Dogs cause accidents (with fatalities) and spread diseases.  Eradicate this problem. If the dog has an owner charge him with causing damage to a vehicle.  No dog should be loose on the street without consequences.

Thailand is over ran by Soi dogs, and if this dog was an owned dog ,  it shoud have been on

a leash, and tied so it was not in the street. Good riddance to a dog that was in the way, and

TDB to the owner of this dog who was so irresponsible.  I feel for the truck driver who was frustrated

by yet another dog in his way that day. Oh and Yes I am a dog owner, I just do not support irresponsible

dog owners in any part of the world.

Geezer

Sorry for any pain the dog endured but we all know the MASSIVE dog problem in Thailand.

I asked a Thai the other day 'why' a neighbor has acquired 3 new dogs and he said "they just don't think about it" and THAT is Thailand problem on many issues and levels

I agree that there may be too many dogs in the sois but breaking or using the horn is not too hard. In the soi we moved into we did take the mother to the vet to get fixed and did find owners for the puppies. 2 were left so we got them vaccinated (....). Since we have already 3 dogs this was what we could do.

Now: Since the neighbours have kids which go to a private school they are picked up every morning. The dogs bring them to the bus which always stops at the corner of the soi. Since the driver always stops there they would wait until the bus is gone.

Except one morning, where the one kid was late and the driver did speed-up and steer to make sure to kill poor Koala. He was one of the friendliest dogs I know.

The driver was angry since she was late so he had to 'get rid of his anger'.

Anger over anything seems to be a real problem in Thailand!! Seems to justify everything!

Koala was hiding first after being run over then came to look for help. He did die on the way to the hospital.

He was in so much pain however did not cry. He always wanted to ride in my truck and always tried to get inside. He was so happy to be finally inside and died very piecefully.

Amazing dog and such a waste.

Attached the video from my security cam.

VID-20170629-WA0000.mp4

33 minutes ago, mikebell said:

It's made my day.  One down a million to go.  When will bleeding-heart liberals realise animals are secondary to man.  If they roam the streets unchecked they are fair game.  Dogs cause accidents (with fatalities) and spread diseases.  Eradicate this problem. If the dog has an owner charge him with causing damage to a vehicle.  No dog should be loose on the street without consequences.

Just one of many awful comments on here.

Empathy?

Do enjoy your day. DELETED.

15 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Just one of many awful comments on here.

Empathy?

Do enjoy your day. DELETED.

reading some of the comments on here,makes my wife and i prefere to be with our boy rather than the so called human race.

1 hour ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

He is identified (70 y.o. Thai "lung", said to be a known dog-hater according to some locals) and he is publicly challenging the dog owner to sue him. Denies he did that on purpose, though.

Glad to see that some elderly Thai men don't eat quiche..