Slap-up Breakfast

SidJames

Where is the best place in town for a special breakfast?

I'm not really interested in the big blowout Irish/English style places but more like the big buffet style places with fruit juice stations, eggs to order, thai dishes, various freshly baked breads & danishs with proper fresh coffee etc.

I had a great one at Holiday Inn & the Marriot Rayong is tremendous.

They're far from cheap but I what to bring the family out this weekend for a morning treat & let the missus have a break from the kitchen.

I have 3 nippers below 6 so would want somewhere with a quite corner so as not to disturb other 'breakfasteers'

19 minutes ago, lou62 said:

Casa Pascal ticks the boxes.

To an extent, but they have no Danish pastries - only croissants - and their juice is appalling so the OP might be unhappy. Apart from that it's fine and for the price (240B or less) is fair value.

For a really good breakfast I think I would go to the Royal Cliff Garden or the Dusit. For Sunday brunch it would probably be the Hilton or the Amari, though both are a lot more expensive.

For something slightly more unusual (and perhaps more suitable for rug-rats young children) I might be inclined to try the Hotel Danmark in Jomtien. Not bad for under 200B. Closes at 12.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Mantra does a fabulous Sunday brunch ....

That is the Amari outlet that I mentioned.

It's not really fabulous: many in Bangkok are far better. But unlike those it does have the advantage of being nearby.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

That is the Amari outlet that I mentioned.

It's not really fabulous: many in Bangkok are far better. But unlike those it does have the advantage of being nearby.

I thought it just shared the parking lot.

The 'fabulous' is from their own advertising. I only ever dined in the evenings a few times several years ago when it was a client reimbursable expense!

Have you ever had brunch at Brennan's in the French Quarter in NOLA? Everything else pales into insignificance.

As far as I know it is one of their outlets.

The 'fabulous' is from their own advertising.

LOL OK.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Have you ever had brunch at Brennan's in the French Quarter in NOLA? Everything else pales into insignificance.

No, never been there though I will put it on my long list of possibles.

Anyone wanting to push the boat out here could try one of the several champagne brunches to be had in Bangkok. Usually around 4000B. Personally I'm not too fussed about champagne so I tend to go for the regular beer/wine drinks packages which usually brings the price down to around 2000B or less, depending on what sort of discount you can qualify for. Quite a few places do "come 4 pay 3" deals or similar.

There's a lot more competition in Bangkok and value for money, though variable, is often very high.

I have never been disappointed at Mantra; I prefer the brunch to breakfast; I am not there for the champagne, benedict or foie gras and I especially enjoy missing the beans and black pudding. I am there for the wagyu, king crab and maybe some of the chocolate fondue. The wine option is nice and a decent selection. 

It's a good thing there is a difference of opinion; there would be one hell of a line if everyone liked the same things.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The 'fabulous' is from their own advertising. I only ever dined in the evenings a few times several years ago when it was a client reimbursable expense!

You can get a good New Orleans style breakfast at Bourbon Street, Soi 63 Ekkamai, BKK

As someone said before, Denmark in Jomtien sounds like what you looking for Go "Second road" from Pattaya to Jomtien, when you are there, turn left to Beach Road and go to Soi White House,somewhere between soi 6 and 8 on the left side. You drive the soi up to the end, Hotel White house, where you can park, just beside Denmark. The buffet is just excellent.If you want egg and bacon,you order it, all the rest are all in the buffet. Price 2017, 190 bath per person (including the egg and bacon).It is just delicious. I use to go there around 10 - 11 a clock when I am in Jomtien and the breakfast make me filled up for the rest of the day. 

22 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Sorry, should not be urn left, it should be when you rich Jomtien turn right.

Agreed, turn right at the lights at the bottom of the hill from Pratumnak.

I go to the Hotel Danmark for Breakfast and very nice it is.

It's 190 bt for all you can eat and drink.

3 hours ago, kokopelli said:

The OP asks for recommendations for a breakfast in Pattaya and he gets ideas for Bangkok? Of course, part of that, is due to not being specific in his post. 

Bangkok??  Thete is also a suggestion for New Orleans.

3 hours ago, kokopelli said:

The OP asks for recommendations for a breakfast in Pattaya and he gets ideas for Bangkok?

Not really. He got several suggestions about Pattaya and some comments about how places in Bangkok compare with here. Seems correct to me.

Many people might be interested in going to Bangkok for the day and having a nice meal whilst there. I do it quite often.

7 hours ago, lou62 said:

If you have any issues finding the Soi the Danmark's on. 

It's now called Soi Splendid after the Hotel at the end, not Soi Whitehouse any longer.

It you watch the street signs the Danmark is one Soi past Soi 7 while traveling south-east down Jomtien Beach Road.

On our last trip to LOS I wrote this about Gerry's Bar

https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&q=grry's+bar+pattaya&oq=grry's+bar+pattaya&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.115619.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.serp..0.0.0.8_kSr2AwJcw

Whilst out walking with my wife in the early morning was recommended this place by an Aussie out jogging. Simply the best farang breakfast I've had in Thailand to date. The so called small breakfast was a budget beating 135 baht and included also one of the best fresh coffee I've also had to date. Proper bacon , real sausages (not that CP krap fresh eggs and fried potato with onions accompanied by a glass of refreshing orange juice were a perfect start to the day. Coupled with friendly helpful staff one couldn't ask for better. (the ony thing I can think off that was missing was iced water otherwise perfection. Highly recommended !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

5 hours ago, alkazared said:

The Amari ocean tower breakfast ticks all the boxes required, great buffet with salad bar,oriental dishes, egg station good selection of fresh bread plus all the other breakfast ingredients.

Yes, I was forgetting that one in the excitement of the Mantra discussion. It is pretty good.

On 08/07/2017 at 4:42 AM, NanLaew said:

Mantra does a fabulous Sunday brunch for about 2000 baht/head. For 3500 baht/head you can add wine to your menu.

A lot for a family for breakfast.

Rather have a 100 baht fry up on soi Legkee.

I have done most of the cheaper ones in Pattaya and a lot will depend on timing as you have to bear in mind that they tend to stop replenishing some dishes a bit before they close.

The Lek is certainly the best value for money and if you get tickets is only 120 baht a head, and I think it closes at 12.30.

The Centara at the back of the Avenue, Blue something?, is quite good with a lovely fish tank in the middle. Closes at 10.30 and gets very busy with residents about 9.30., about 250 baht.

I was at the Holiday Inn last week and that was very good, 299 for non residents , closes at 10.30. They have 2 venues, 4th floor in Bay Tower and 6th floor in Executive Tower, the latter appeared very quiet.

One of my favourites is the LK Empress, 220 baht and closes at 11. 

If you want to go a bit later then Casa Pascal would be a good choice. I was also there last week and it got very busy around 11, full up inside. Not so big a choice food wise particularly Thai food but what they do is good, some bbq to order outside. They also have a soft drinks machine with Sprite, Coke etc. 225 baht/head.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I was at the Holiday Inn last week and that was very good, 299 for non residents , closes at 10.30. They have 2 venues, 4th floor in Bay Tower and 6th floor in Executive Tower, the latter appeared very quiet.

That's one I've never tried. What sort of things did they have?

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

That's one I've never tried. What sort of things did they have?

They had a very good selection and almost everything you could think of for breakfast. I think they had at least 4 live cooking stations, 2 for egg dishes and 2 I think for Thai food. They have tokens on your table and when you order at the live station hand over a token and its brought to your table. When you first sit down you get tea or coffee brought to the table.

We had stayed the night and unfortunately I had a hangover so didn't get the best out of it. Came across a drink buffet the night before, all the beer ,cocktails or wine you could drink in 2 hours for 299, doesn't make for a good breakfast.