Fatal road accident involving motorbike, pickup, and mini van

rooster59

Fatal road accident involving motorbike, pickup, and mini van

wat-tam.jpg?fit=1037,692

By Online Admin

PATTAYA:- At around 8:30am on July 7th, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of a fatal road accident involving 3 vehicles.

The incident took place at the busy intersection which joins Soi Wat Tam with the motorway that runs along the railway line in South Pattaya.

Three vehicles were involved in the incident including a motorbike, driven by a 39 year old female who sadly passed away, a pickup truck driven by a 30 year old Thai male who was waiting at the scene when police arrived and a mini van, in which the driver is unknown as he or she fled the scene before police could arrive.

Arriving at the scene, paramedics immediately attended to the dead body of the female victim. Her body was bagged up and taken to a local hospital for a full postmortem examination.

Police wasted no time in questioning the driver of the pickup truck.

He told police that he had been out with friends the previous night, and was on his way home. He had been following the victim on her motorbike and were waiting at the juntion to cross the busy motorway. He said that he saw the motorbike pull out into the motorway only to be hit by a speeding minivan.

The story, however, did not sit well with police, who could smell alcohol on the breath of the driver. An alcohol reading turned up to be 140, which is well over the legal limit.

Police interviewed other eye witnesses, who all but confirmed to police that the driver’s story wasn’t accurate.

Other witnesses told police that they had seen the pickup crash into the back of the motorbike, causing the victim to edge out into the path of the oncoming minivan travelling at speed.

Police took the witness statements as well as pictures of the scene away as evidence. The driver of the pickup was arrested for drink driving and the driver of the minivan, who had fled the scene, is currently being tracked down by police.

They will be hoping to interview the driver of the minivan in the very near future before coming to any conclusions regarding the investigation.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/thai-woman-killed-hit-mini-vav/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-07-08

A couple of things:  it is shameful you are showing this poor woman's body - think of her family, what are they thinking seeing their sister/wife/mother/daughter splayed across FB and Pattaya One Line.  Showing her poor body is not going to change anyone's driving habits, if that's what you're thinking - it is just disrespectful on your part.  Also, who wrote this crap?  "Her body was bagged up.." - please, you're not writing some dime store thriller.  

10 minutes ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

A couple of things:  it is shameful you are showing this poor woman's body - think of her family, what are they thinking seeing their sister/wife/mother/daughter splayed across FB and Pattaya One Line.  Showing her poor body is not going to change anyone's driving habits, if that's what you're thinking - it is just disrespectful on your part.  Also, who wrote this crap?  "Her body was bagged up.." - please, you're not writing some dime store thriller.  

Can't agree there, this picture and others like it should be plastered all over tv, newspapers, schools, colleges, temples, cinemas etc with the message that this is what happens when you don't wear a deleted helmet. Maybe after a while it might sink in.

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Can't agree there, this picture and others like it should be plastered all over tv, newspapers, schools, colleges, temples, cinemas etc with the message that this is what happens when you don't wear a deleted helmet. Maybe after a while it might sink in.

Sadly it NEVER will..........:sad:

1 hour ago, ba ba said:

is there not something missing from her head and maybe still be alive

sounds like and looks like it wouldn't have made a difference wearing a helmet, a helmet will only protect against light impacts.

RIP

Hope the pickup driver is handed out a long jail term were he can reflect on the poor choices he made resulting in a totally unnecessary death

RIP the Lady, sad way for anyone's life to end.  

Pick-up driver in denial as most Thais always are about anything they do wrong.  He doesn't think it's wrong to drink and drive because everyone he knows does it !    Minivan driver could well have been drinking as well but we will never know as he will be requested to visit a Police Station when 'he is ready' and by then any alcohol will be out of his system.  Running away from an accident here is not seen as a crime....just saving your own skin.

1 hour ago, ba ba said:

is there not something missing from her head and maybe still be alive

You mean a helmet, hmmm, I don't think it would have saved here as she was thrown into the path of an on coming minivan which was travelling at some speed on the freeway, she would have probably died on impact, that or suffered a lot later in life with busted up bones with pins as my late brother did, and then turn to alcohol and drugs to numb the pain with the alcohol eventually taking her life.

Sadly for her the drink driver will probably get out in 12 months because the laws here from what I have read are pathetic. 

RIP

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The pick up driver is well and truly screwed !!
Shame the mini van driver didn't stick around, with a few witnesses he could maybe be in the clear.

RIP young lady.

Not sure.....if the van-driver keeps at large, the pick up driver will be charged and fined with drunk driving and that's it. 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

sounds like and looks like it wouldn't have made a difference wearing a helmet, a helmet will only protect against light impacts.

RIP

Hope the pickup driver is handed out a long jail term were he can reflect on the poor choices he made resulting in a totally unnecessary death

200 Baht fine or 300 which u think suiets

I wonder if Thai authorities ever get sick of picking up dead bodies from road accidents Surely they must think when is this madness ever going to stop When will our courageous police force go out there and start showing the drivers we mean business Just sickens me the number of people who die on the roads here Is the government not blind to the fact there are lots of people dying on the roads here? What can they do to stop it?

enforce the road rules would help i think  

10 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Missing the main point here: the biker was hit from behind by a drunken driver, and the other car, possibly going too fast, delivered the fatal blow.

So, whilst you make a good point, the main cause is awful driving.

The pickup driver knew he was drunk but stayed put.

What he said should not be questioned until some other FACT comes forward.

Police need to leave their opinions where they belong

Sad what happened, but Kudos to the pickup driver for doing the right thing and staying at the scene of the accident!

The pickup driver knew he was drunk but stayed put.
What he said should not be questioned until some other FACT comes forward.
Police need to leave their opinions where they belong

Sad what happened, but Kudos to the pickup driver for doing the right thing and staying at the scene of the accident!

Did you read the OP ??
The pick up driver said the mc pulled into the road whilst the witnesses said he hit her pushing her into the path of the mini van - FACT !!
Plus, he was well over the limit ! I.e. DRUNK !!

And you say he deserves Kudos ???, for lying ?, for being a drunk driver ?

On 08/07/2017 at 10:11 AM, rooster59 said:

Police wasted no time in questioning the driver of the pickup truck.

Same happened to me when two boys ran into me as I waited to turn right: police never interviewed the licenceless, speeding culprits.  It was the farang's fault for being in Thailand: something I hope to rectify with a move to a country with a proper police force.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Same happened to me when two boys ran into me as I waited to turn right: police never interviewed the licenceless, speeding culprits.  It was the farang's fault for being in Thailand: something I hope to rectify with a move to a country with a proper police force.

Mike i often wonder  if u had an accident here what would happen to you being a farang? I think the police would concentrate on you and forget the Thais even though they caused the accident I think it is  because The Thais are such wonderful drivers and know there road rules and obey the road rules compared to the farang who are just awful on the roads Dont you think that Mike? Lol lol