Moving 'Tabien Bahn'(Yellow House Book)

This week, I'm planning on moving my "Tabien Bahn" from Khon Kaen to Bangkok for the purpose of applying for Thai citizenship from there(it's  easier than Khon Kaen)

Does anyone have any experience of moving the yellow book from one province to another? I know I need a letter from KK amphur. Anything else?

My wife will not be coming with me and is remaining on the "Tabien Bahn" in Khon Kaen.

The only thing that might prove difficult(that I can think of) is not having a WP in Bangkok, but in KK. 

The first step is to have your current yellow house book canceled.

Then you have to apply for a new one based upon a blue house book for Bangkok with permission of the head of household for that book.

I see no reason for there to be a problem with having a work permit for KK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The first step is to have your current yellow house book canceled.

Then you have to apply for a new one based upon a blue house book for Bangkok with permission of the head of household for that book.

I see reason for their to a problem with having a work permit for KK.

Thanks, I never realized it had to be cancelled - I guess that's what the letter is.

Is it necessary to show them the WP? 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That should make no difference. It of course depends upon where you apply for it.

I would expect the 2nd house book to be easier to get since you already have a ID number.

Thanks again, you really know your stuff! I recently got the alien ID card, maybe this will help too.

You and your wife officially registered as living in separate residences, hundreds of miles apart, gives on paper the impression that your marriage is not de facto. Some immigration offices, but not Bangkok, have a problem with this when an application for a marriage extension is made. I don't know how the officials examining an application for naturalisation look at this.

5 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Thanks, I never realized it had to be cancelled - I guess that's what the letter is.

Is it necessary to show them the WP? 

When moving to a different Amphoe or Province, the existing house book must be surrendered to the issuing Amphoe, who give you a form that you take to the new Amphoe in the new Province.

They should issue a new book without going through all the documentation again, but you will need the permission and signature of the house master of your new address.

Married, single, working, not working, house owner, renter, has no bearing on applying to be placed on the Civilian register.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Does anyone have any experience of moving the yellow book from one province to another? I know I need a letter from KK amphur. Anything else?

It's actually a form not a letter.

'Transfer of Registration' would be the closest to naming it in English.

So in other words, if one is to get many responses here correct, a person can have his house and live in say Phuket but have his yellow book delivered say from the Amphur in Bangkok despite not living in Bangkok or having any property in Bangkok?

30 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

So in other words, if one is to get many responses here correct, a person can have his house and live in say Phuket but have his yellow book delivered say from the Amphur in Bangkok despite not living in Bangkok or having any property in Bangkok?

Many wealthy Thais have several homes, but can only be registered in one book at one residence.

They could indeed have a Tabien Baan issued in Bangkok, although their main residence could be Chiang Mai.

It wouldn't be in their best interest to do so however for different reasons.

Many Thais still remain registered in a family Tabien Baan, although they may have married and have their own family and home.

The registration of the Thais in a Tabien Baan is merely a constant population census and nothing to do with ownership.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Many wealthy Thais have several homes, but can only be registered in one book at one residence.

They could indeed have a Tabien Baan issued in Bangkok, although their main residence could be Chiang Mai.

It wouldn't be in their best interest to do so however for different reasons.

Many Thais still remain registered in a family Tabien Baan, although they may have married and have their own family and home.

The registration of the Thais in a Tabien Baan is merely a constant population census and nothing to do with ownership.

ok thank you.

1. Get the current yellow book cancelled and your name removed from the current address. You need to bring the house master and orignal blue book too.

2. Ask for a transfer document from the Khon Kaen office. With such a transfer document it is very easy to get a new yellow book at the new location.

3. In Bangkok show them the document you got from Khon Kaen together with your passport and they will issue a new yellow book right away. Bring photos too and the blue house book for the new address toghether with the house master, who must also sign for the new yellow book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stgrhe said:

1. Get the current yellow book cancelled and your name removed from the current address. You need to bring the house master and orignal blue book too.

2. Ask for a transfer document from the Khon Kaen office. With such a transfer document it is very easy to get a new yellow book at the new location.

3. In Bangkok show them the document you got from Khon Kaen together with your passport and they will issue a new yellow book right away. Bring photos too and the blue house book for the new address toghether with the house master, who must also sign for the new yellow book.

By making the current yellow book "invalid" the KK amphur will issue a document but also make a stamp in that yellow book; when you apply for the new one in BKK you will need to show both.  And don't forget to register your new address at immigration, they will also give you a document that you can keep in your passport...

3 hours ago, stgrhe said:

Thanks, all sounds very easy. I didn't know I have to take my wife and her Blue House book when coming off the Khon Kaen one. 

So, if I say I don't work, they'll ask no questions? Maybe I'll say I'm starting a job in Bangkok but not got it yet and one requirement is a Yellow House book.

2 hours ago, janpharma said:

By making the current yellow book "invalid" the KK amphur will issue a document but also make a stamp in that yellow book; when you apply for the new one in BKK you will need to show both.  And don't forget to register your new address at immigration, they will also give you a document that you can keep in your passport...

So, I'll have 2 yellow books, the old and the new? I moved my book from another province before and can't remember them giving me the old yellow book. My new one hasn't got a stamp on it.

I guess I can report to immigration in Bangkok, or not show my yellow book to KK immigration.

10 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I guess I can report to immigration in Bangkok, or not show my yellow book to KK immigration.

You will not need to report at either immigration office. Just do your 90 days reports and your next extension at KK immigration and don't show your new yellow book.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stgrhe said:

Certainly my own experiences seem to confirm this. I have had to change 3 times in the past 5 years and each time the house master of the current book had to be present and sign the document also. I did try to do it by myself once but was told that I could not. Of course this might be, like other things seem to be, something that varies from place to place but I thought I would just relate my experiences.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 4:08 PM, TKDfella said:

Certainly my own experiences seem to confirm this. I have had to change 3 times in the past 5 years and each time the house master of the current book had to be present and sign the document also. I did try to do it by myself once but was told that I could not. Of course this might be, like other things seem to be, something that varies from place to place but I thought I would just relate my experiences.

Thanks. 

Actually, I didn't even need to go to the Amphur. My wife went with the blue house book, my yellow book and my Alien ID card. All was easy except the large queue, she said :) next stop the town house in Bangkok. I've decided not to show  them my WP and make up some story as why I need to move it.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:13 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

So, I'll have 2 yellow books, the old and the new? I moved my book from another province before and can't remember them giving me the old yellow book. My new one hasn't got a stamp on it.

If you have 2 Yellow books the old one will be stamped 'invalid'.

You can only be registered in one book at a time.

In my case the old Amphoe kept the old book and the new Amphoe issued a new one.

Just out of curiosity....

When applying for the yellow book,  all participants, must acquire a non o  visa.....

Then issued a yellow book.

But suppose the participants are no longer living in the house on a non o, but on a visa exemption in case they are ASEAN related citizens, reason free passage, no re -entry etc the........when does the Yellow Book loses its valid term of use?

In these cases?

Curious that's all.

When applying for the yellow book,  all participants, must acquire a non o  visa.....
But suppose the participants are no longer living in the house on a non o, but on a visa exemption in case they are ASEAN related citizens, reason free passage, no re -entry etc the........when does the Yellow Book loses its valid term of use?
In these cases?
Curious that's all.

The yellow house book is not tied to having a visa of any kind. Once issued it is good forever.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

in case they are ASEAN related

Perhaps you have an incomplete understanding of the ASEAN rules/regulations. ASEAN agreements do not provide for free movement or the need for individuals to have appropriate, country specific, visas/work permits

50 minutes ago, hgma said:

In these cases?

Curious that's all.

“Section 38. The district or local registrar shall issue a household registration
for persons without Thai nationality having been permitted to stay temporarily and
those having been giving leniency for temporary residence in the Thai Kingdom as a
special case in accordance with law on immigration and the declaration of the Cabinet
and their children born within the Thai Kingdom. In a case of permission of
temporary residence overdue, the registrar shall immediately dispose of such persons.

On 13/7/2560 at 9:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

The yellow house book is not tied to having a visa of any kind. Once issued it is good forever.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Tessabaan NongKhai insisted on marriage AND a Non O extension of stay......hence i had to comply by having my lawyer in the Netherlands setting up a  'contract of relationship ' which they accepted with hesitation. (big time money spender contract !!)

Again it shows that many  provinces have their own rules of engagement.

But it is interesting to read that the yellow book is not related to a visa,and in fact can be acquired by anyone with a rental contract .

Thanks guys for all your reply's!!

Edited by hgma

4 hours ago, hgma said:

Tessabaan NongKhai insisted on marriage AND a Non O extension of stay......hence i had to comply by having my lawyer in the Netherlands setting up a  'contract of relationship ' which they accepted with hesitation. (big time money spender contract !!)

But it is interesting to read that the yellow book is not related to a visa,and in fact can be acquired by anyone with a rental contract .

No, the rules are set by the ministry. They can ask for additional documents, but on request must do so in writing and state the reason for asking for additional documents. This letter than has to be signed by the district chief.

They only have as much power as you give them. They anted documents from me, some I gave. Others they were told to provide above mentioned letter and backed-off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hgma said:

Which Thesaban?

The smaller outlying government office often don't know the procedure and make unusual requests.

It's always better to go to the Provincial Thesaban if the local one is creating problems. (Mueang Nong Khai).

There is no requirement under the Act stating you must be married, have a rental contract, and can be issued to foreigners having been permitted to stay temporarily and those having been giving leniency for temporary residence in the Thai Kingdom .