Russian woman falls 4 stories, lands next to 7-11 clerk

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Wow!  Such an amazing amount of compassion shown on here for this poor woman.  One day the poster of a supposedly funny or derogatory comment will perhaps discover later, to his/her horror, that the victim turned out to be his/her family member or friend.

Ummm.... wait. No, probably not.

7 hours ago, action said:

No... Force = Mass X Velocity^2
If a skydiver has reached terminal velocity his acceleration has become zero but when he hits the ground the force is not zero.  

Nope, I would suggest you are getting confused with other equations. Terminal velocity has a completely different formulation. This is derived from F = ma=mg-1/2pv2AC. Also the units of mv2  are [F]=[kg]x[m/s]2[F]=[kg]x[m2/s2]. The unit of force is the Newton which has the units of [kg]x[m/s2] so [kg]x[m2/s2] does not of the correct units for force.

8 hours ago, action said:

If a skydiver has reached terminal velocity his acceleration has become zero but when he hits the ground the for

8 hours ago, action said:

If a skydiver has reached terminal velocity his acceleration has become zero but when he hits the ground the force is not zero.  

Wrong.
HykuIt was correct... force = mass times acceleration.
You have confused force with kinetic energy and misstated that equation to boot. Kinetic energy is ONE HALF mass times the velocity squared.
Force is the measure of the energy required to accelerate an object to a given velocity. Kinetic energy is the energy the object has until there is a change in delta v.

Kinetic energy has units of kilograms-meters squared per second squared expressed as Joules.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But since she wasn't skydiving and had only traversed 30 m at most, she was still accelerating.

I love the smell of Physics in the morning.

Smells like... Boredom!

No, she definitely stopped accelerating

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Anyone know why she has no panties on??  Just an observation by the picture............

She has follow the link

9 hours ago, action said:

Mmmm..... kudos Nanlaew... smells like boring... lol

but... <deleted>.... at terminal velocity, the force is zero, as gravitational force has been negotiated by drag force. 

However, on impact, he/ she will still go splat(!!!!) due to a sudden change of energy.

10 hours ago, action said:

Bunch of amateurs.  The problem is easily solved

find_x_equation-joke.gif

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But since she wasn't skydiving and had only traversed 30 m at most, she was still accelerating.

I love the smell of Physics in the morning.

Smells like... Boredom!

"V" squared= "U" squared minus 2xgxs, where 'V' = the velocity on impact, "U" = the initial velocity (in this case zero), "g" = the acceleration of gravity (32fpsps), and "S" = the distance that she fell from. S=ut-1/2gtsquared, and so on, definitely boring :) Engineers rule the world, Yeah :)

Had that happen to me once. They had hired a young guy to install some wiring and he lost his balance and fell through the hanging ceiling of my lab.  He was fine but it was a lot of trouble to patch up the hole so I could continue with work on low light level equipment.

BTW, I did not run out of the lab in a panic, but called for help.

11 hours ago, RickFarang said:

Had that happen to me once. They had hired a young guy to install some wiring and he lost his balance and fell through the hanging ceiling of my lab.  He was fine but it was a lot of trouble to patch up the hole so I could continue with work on low light level equipment.

BTW, I did not run out of the lab in a panic, but called for help.

Did he have his panties on?

15 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

" F = ma

This equation is one of the most useful in classical physics. It is a concise statement of Isaac Newton's Second Law of Motion, holding both the proportions and vectors of the Second Law. It translates as:
The net force on an object is equal to the mass of the object multiplied by the acceleration of the object. Or some simply say:
Force equals mass times acceleration."

http://zonalandeducation.com/mstm/physics/mechanics/forces/newton/mightyFEqMA/mightyFEqMA.html

And it looks even better in Lagrangian field theory!

On 7/10/2017 at 8:38 AM, mikebell said:

The Thai worker was checking stock in a back room at 3.30 in the mornin

It's a 7 eleven they are open 24/7 . Whats your point ? 

18 hours ago, balo said:

It's a 7 eleven they are open 24/7 . Whats your point ? 

If you can't work it out my point would be lost on you.  Here's a clue.  My Moobaan recently appointed a Security Guard to work nights.  He turned up for his first shift carrying a pillow and a blanket.  When it was pointed out he would be expected to stay awake and not get paid for sleeping, he quit.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, TKDfella said:

And it looks even better in Lagrangian field theory!

F=mg is the force of gravity pulling on an object, agreed.  

Since that force acts on every single one of us all day everyday, and was acting on this poor lady since the day she was born,  I guess I assumed you meant the force of the impact, in which F=mg is not the correct formula.  g never changes here on Earth so F=ma is even more inaccurate since at impact the value of acceleration is a large negative number (called deceleration), but you can't have negative force when hitting the ground.  

you guys are fun! 

Edited by action
logic