Prayut urges drinkers to sober up for Buddhist Lent period

webfact

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

silly answer. Then you could ask even who gets a benefit of drug dealing?

I will explain. Hopefully you are able to follow.....: You mentioned breweries? They make money by pushing people into addiction. And this addiction cost money for treatment. But there is another aspect: Under influence of alcohol you jeopardize your family, your child or your neighbor. Or even cause fatal accidents. Same with other drugs.

If you cannot understand please don't answer

Dealing drugs is illegal. Producing and consuming alcoholic drinks is not, with certain exeptions as regulated by law.

What was "Nonsense" about saying Breweries, Distilleries and the Taxman need drinkers?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Dealing drugs is illegal. Producing and consuming alcoholic drinks is not, with certain exeptions as regulated by law.

What was "Nonsense" about saying Breweries, Distilleries and the Taxman need drinkers?

I suppose you are one of those addicts, are you? You think because it's not illegal to drink alcohol you can drink as much you can though you get yourself in danger as well your family?????? How stupid is this??? There are a lot of countries were alcohol is not allowed, same drugs.

18 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I suppose you are one of those addicts, are you? You think because it's not illegal to drink alcohol you can drink as much you can though you get yourself in danger as well your family?????? How stupid is this??? There are a lot of countries were alcohol is not allowed, same drugs.

Thailand is not a country where alcohol is banned, except under certain circumstances. 

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Thailand is not a country where alcohol is banned, except under certain circumstances. 

OK, now you got me: so there is something good in killing other people drunk driving, because I help the taxman. Well done you baboon

18 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

OK, now you got me: so there is something good in killing other people drunk driving, because I help the taxman. Well done you baboon

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I gave you the answer already. No sense to repeat your silly questions, baboon

No you didn't. You spouted a load of flapdoodle about breweries pushing people into be becoming alcoholics, peddlers of illegal narcotics then insinuated that I am a degenerate alcoholic myself, who thinks it is fine to endanger my own family. At no point did you answer my perfectly reasonable and civil question which was and remains:

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

No you didn't. You spouted a load of flapdoodle about breweries pushing people into be becoming alcoholics, peddlers of illegal narcotics then insinuated that I am a degenerate alcoholic myself, who thinks it is fine to endanger my own family. At no point did you answer my perfectly reasonable and civil question which was and remains:

look here, Mr Baboon:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22011424

https://www.greenfacts.org/en/alcohol/l-2/05-social-economic-problems.htm

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/the-cost-of-hangovers/411052/

http://www.ias.org.uk/uploads/pdf/Factsheets/FS economic impacts 042016 webres.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/features/alcoholconsumption/

and then try to use that what you got less: brain...:cheesy:

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Why are you posting links about the negative effects of alcohol use which have nothing whatsoever to do with the question I asked you?

What was "Nonsense" about saying BREWERIES, DISTILLERIES and the TAXMAN need drinkers? Not Hospitals, not the Police, not social services, but the three I mentioned above.

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

Why are you posting links about the negative effects of alcohol use which have nothing whatsoever to do with the question I asked you?

What was "Nonsense" about saying BREWERIES, DISTILLERIES and the TAXMAN need drinkers? Not Hospitals, not the Police, not social services, but the three I mentioned above.

well, if you can't see the connection between loss in economy and alcoholism I can't help you. The loss in economy is not equivalent with gains of taxes on alcohol. It's common sense.

23 minutes ago, baboon said:

He's banging the drum for banning alcohol  in Thailand. Because he believes that alcohol is bad, all others are expected to agree.  An evangelist for teetotalism (is that a word?). I wish people would stop trying to force their views on others. And I don't even drink alcohol so no skin of my nose. He sounds like another Prayuth or Chamlong Srimuang. 

Edited by GarryP

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

well, if you can't see the connection between loss in economy and alcoholism I can't help you. The loss in economy is not equivalent with gains of taxes on alcohol. It's common sense.

The Taxman takes plenty. From sales, distribution, company taxes, etc. Where would he make up the shortfall from?

What would happen to Breweries, Distilleries and their employees if nobody bought their products?

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

He's banging the drum for banning alcohol  in Thailand. Because he believes that alcohol is bad, all others are expected to agree.  An evangelist for teetotalism (is that a word). I wish people would stopping trying to force their views on others. And I don't even drink alcohol so no skin of my nose. He sounds like another Prayuth or Chamlong Srimuang. 

Well why not just head off to Saudi if one thinks alcohol is the urine of Satan, rather than say 'I don't approve, therefore nobody else should be allowed to make their own choice'?