Faced with arrest for Phuket woman’s murder, German man slashes own throat

webfact

Faced with arrest for Phuket woman’s murder, German man slashes own throat

Eakkapop Thongtub

1499623780_1-org.jpg

German national Nico Papke, 35, remains under watch in hospital in Phuket Town after he cut his own throat with a box cutter at his rented home in Rawai this evening. Photo: Phuket Immigration Police

PHUKET: -- A German man is in hospital under careful watch after he slashed his own throat with a box cutter while police moved in to arrest him for the murder of a Phuket woman whose body was found dumped in the jungle in Wichit earlier today (July 9).

Phuket Provincial Police Chief Inspector Col Akanit Danpitaksan led officers from Chalong Police Station to the rented home of German national Nico Papke, 35, in Soi Saiyuan, Rawai, at 7pm to place him under arrest for the murder of his Thai girlfriend, 35-year-old Pischa “Lek” Nampadung.

As police moved in, Papke cut his own throat with a cutter. He was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, where he is under watch by police officers and medical staff.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/faced-with-arrest-for-phuket-woman-murder-german-man-slashes-own-throat-62956.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-10

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing Phuket woman found dead in wooded area
By The Nation

3d9d8924eeedafaec30cf0a2685260ba.jpeg

Picha Nampadung, 35, was reported missing by her relatives. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Picha Nampadung, a 35-year-old Phuket woman who had been missing for a week, was found dead on Sunday.

Friends identified her from a tattoo on her decomposed body, which was dumped at a wooded spot near a road to Khum Muang Chaofa hill in Tambon Wichit in Phuket’s Muang district. The body, with deep cuts to the stomach and throat, was found wrapped in a mattress and a sack along with the woman’s doll. Her body has been sent for an autopsy to determine the cause of death. 

When Picha went missing, a photograph and details about her were posted on a relative’s Facebook page, and were shared among Thai social media users in the hope of finding her.

According to the relative’s post, Picha – who reportedly was dating a foreigner whom police have not been able to contact – was last seen at her rented room in Moo 6, Rawai, where she lived alone. The alarm was raised when she hadn’t showed up at work for a week and her relatives couldn’t reach her. Relatives made a missing person report at Chalong Police Statio

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30320310

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-10

Body found wrapped in blankets, dumped in Phuket jungle

Eakkapop Thongtub

1499596998_9313-org.jpg

The body was found wrapped in blanks and dumped beside the newly graded road into the jungle. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are hoping to identify the body of a woman found wrapped in blankets and dumped in the jungle in Phuket's Wichit subdistrict earlier today (July 9).

The body was found wrapped in blankets and bound with packing or insulation tape beside the road about 600 metres along the newly graded track leading into the jungle north of the cement factory on Muang Chaofa Rd. 

The body was dressed in black shorts and a black T-shirt. A cuddly toy was wrapped inside the blankets along with the victim's body. The state of decomposition has made it difficult for police to determine any other factors.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/body-found-wrapped-in-blankets-dumped-in-phuket-jungle-62955.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-10

Sad as it is, I hope it was a quick and painless death for her, as for him being arrested, doesn't really say much, as he innocent until proven guilty, and here in Thailand from what I read, everyone gets charged before all the evidence is at hand.

Cutting his throat with a box cutter knife, perhaps taking a shave ?

When and if the evidence is in and he is convicted, then hopefully someone in prison will give him a proper shave with a box gutter knife.

RIP

25 minutes ago, jabsjabs said:

Nothing says guilt like trying to kill yourself when your about to be arrested. 

butter knife must transliterate to box cutter......... shithouse job he did of cutting his throat

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sad as it is, I hope it was a quick and painless death for her, as for him being arrested, doesn't really say much, as he innocent until proven guilty, and here in Thailand from what I read, everyone gets charged before all the evidence is at hand.

Cutting his throat with a box cutter knife, perhaps taking a shave ?

When and if the evidence is in and he is convicted, then hopefully someone in prison will give him a proper shave with a box gutter knife.

RIP

Jurisprudence should rule over emotional first knee-jerk response in blaming what appears to be the guilty party (meaning, I agree absolutely with your post, good point, well made, etc etc).

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Seems that he had been in Thailand for a year and opened a gym in Phuket

Now he wasted it all. His money, his life, the lady's life.

And made countless people suffer in grief. Giving Germans a bad name,

giving them a worse reputation than what they already have.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

... him being arrested, doesn't really say much, as he innocent until proven guilty, and here in Thailand from what I read, everyone gets charged before all the evidence is at hand.

Being arrested doesn't say much but trying to cut you own throat seems a rather extreme course of action for someone who knows they're innocent. On the other hand if you know you're guilty it starts to make more sense. 

Also, based on the reports in this thread he hasn't been charged yet, just arrested. 

1 minute ago, Cereal said:

Dumping a body beside a newly graded road isn't the most secure of hiding places. What are the odds it's going to be stumbled upon 1:1???

Killing someone you have a relation with or that people have seen you with is also not smart. I think often killings happen at the spur of the moment and are not well thought out. I think this is quite typical. 

Some interesting reading on his FB page along with unseen photos. 

It seems he hired a car to dispose of the body. The police used it's GPS tracking to find the location. They're not completely inept, unlike the perpetrator.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Some interesting reading on his FB page along with unseen photos. 

It seems he hired a car to dispose of the body. The police used it's GPS tracking to find the location. They're not completely inept, unlike the perpetrator.

"They're not completely' inept" ... now there's a new and interesting development ...

Hard to understand in LOS. A young handsome 37 y.o foreigner, business owner, now to move to the Bangkok Hilton for life, for killing a 35 y.o Thai woman working on a massage shop... for what?... He didn't know that he  can get ANY ..... even a lot younger and a lot more beautiful Thai woman.......even a rich one?.... I did ....and I am old, fat and poor. I was lucky 2 times.... for not to be at 35 in Thailand and get addicted to women...and to get married 8 years ago with one 25 years younger at 66 years old. Life cannot be better using common sense in Thailand.... even at  74.