Anyone done a TM-30 by mail? ( Residential Notification)

PhuketSarah

12 minutes ago, PhuketSarah said:

What I understand, it is  within 24 hours of arrival at your residence. If you arrive at Bangkok, and spend the night at a hotel- it should report your stay, then upon  arrival at your own residence, you are to make a notification within 24 hours (weekends and holidays excluded) and this is the debate- Does this need to be done each and every time you depart the country?  I was told " yes. "

Adding; But if you are in Chiang Rai, this Phuket thread really does not pertain, I think most will agree all offices are different in rules adhered to - heck, even officers within offices. 

It's 2 days - but not really 48 hours. Your arrive home first day but must register 2nd day.

I agree every area office interpretes the rules as they see fit. But what I say above is country wide rule.

No idea why you mention Chiang Rai - are you there. I am in Phuket.

14 minutes ago, PhuketSarah said:

So then are we to do this TM-30 whenever we come back from overnight  travel within Thailand?

Good grief, this is how sex offenders are treated. 

Yes, but only if you stay somewhere else in Thailand that register you into the Immigration data base as legally required. Given that the online registration system has been down for 8 months I wonder how many hotels take the time to go to an Immigration office  every day.

As for how we foreigners are treated - unwanted 'guests'. It's my opinion government departments will make everything as difficult as possible. I have a work permit and still have all the crap that you go through.

45 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

It's 2 days - but not really 48 hours. Your arrive home first day but must register 2nd day.

I agree every area office interpretes the rules as they see fit. But what I say above is country wide rule.

No idea why you mention Chiang Rai - are you there. I am in Phuket.

Post 21  Burt Jones  first need to return to Chiang Rai...

IO told me 24hours.  Are individuals subject to different rules than hotels re how long?  Who knows? 

It's all so .... HARASSING not just the analocity of it all , but  the diarrheal consistency. 

Edited by PhuketSarah

7 minutes ago, PhuketSarah said:

IO told me 24hours.  Are individuals subject to different rules than hotels re how long?  Who knows? 

It's all so .... HARASSING not just the analocity of it all , but  the diarrheal consistency. 

All I can tell you that we have (had) a business user name/password to register our guest. This online system only allowed the same day or day before be input. Since the system down for now 8 months,  as we only take very long stay guests we just give them the form to self register as it's far too much time and trouble to go to Phuket Town Immigration.  

Thanks for all the responses guys, I'm still non the wiser though ... I live in Chiang Rai. I will stay in BKK for several nights  upon my arrival back, then go to Hau Hin as planned. I will report to Chiang Rai immigration when back in CR. If they get funny with me , sobeit. I've always maintained ...if Thailand doesn't want me, other Asian countries do...all I ever do is spend money here, I cost them not a penny!

Burt.

9 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I  have the same receipt of notification in the back of my passport since feb 2008 and have left the country at least 5 times, traveled all over Thailand by car and stayed in many hotels and had 2 1year extensions issued , ( last one, last month)

I agree with you! But I had never even heard of the receipt of notification from my landlord in my passport until two years ago and never had one in my passport until two years ago. I did travel to and stayed in BKK and Korat, Buriram and Sa Kaew two years ago and my same notification of residence was accepted this year. I've had the same address on file at the Phuket office for 11 years. If they don't care, why should I? I think people are reading a bit too much into it. If I stay at a hotel for a night, yet I still have my house, I don't think I need to run to immigration and let them know I'm back at my house. My landlord just repots I have stayed here 11 years, even though I leave every year for several months. For that matter my in-laws are supposed to report me staying at one of their houses, that's not going to happen either! While that may be the letter of the law, it's not reality, IMHO and I've had 11 years of one year visa extension. One extension was transferred to a new passport as well!