2 Sadao immigration police officers transferred, 2 face investigation

snoop1130

2 Sadao immigration police officers transferred, 2 face investigation

vlcsnap-2017-07-09-15h26m51s434.png

Two immigration police officers at the Sadao immigration checkpoint in Songkhla province have been transferred to the 6th Immigration Police in Songkhla while two others will face an investigation, deputy police spokesman Pol Col Krisna Pattanacharoen said on Tuesday.

Pol Col Krisna said the action was taken after the mass media in Malaysia had published news, accusing immigration police at the Sadao border checkpoint of demanding “tea money” from Malaysian travellers.

He said two of the immigration officers at the checkpoint have been transferred to be on temporary duty the 6th Immigration Police headquarters in Songkhla.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/2-sadao-immigration-police-officers-transferred-2-face-investigation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-7-11

Same old, same old. Until Thailand grasp the nettle and prosecute and sack corrupt policemen instead of just shuffling them off to inactive, non-remunerative, posts the story will continue. I'm not about to hold my breath on that, it will undoubtedly remain the Thai way long after I'm gone, and probably long after my grandchildren too.

This has been going on for 30 years, even at 20 years as reported. 

At least 5,000 Malays enter every day, 20B per head - estimated 80,000-100,000 baht daily - Is that around 700,000,000THB - And two are facing disciplinary action, and 2 requested transfer because it wasn't worth their while if they weren't getting a cut anymore.

Instead of failing to learn English, this country would be better to learn the meaning of 'shame' first.

They were also running a scam on Thais who were leaving the country. The staff handing out the exit/entry slip were charging 20 Baht to fill them in.

Thais being Thais nobody complained as they lined up and paid, until my gf came to the front of the queue.

I asked, "why are you charging 20 Baht?" 

"Thai people cannot write English so we help".

"Just give me the form, she can fill it in herself, same as every other border crossing except this one".