Video: More appalling driving caught on tape

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same U-turn where a German couple got killed not long ago.

A little bit further down the road there is a new U-turn that goes under the highway.

This part of the road has gotten very busy and dangerous,in the last few years

a lot of new businesses have opened there.A lot of people decide to go to McDonalds at the last moment?

Edited by jvs

Just now, shady86 said:

Quite common for people here to do this. Poor judgment from the driver for not checking before changing lanes.

Not so much do do with changing lanes: the driver seems to have been parked on the hard shoulder and then proceeded to drive across the road at basically 90 degrees to the flow of traffic. All the driver could see in the side-mirror was the side of the road and all that he/she could see out the driver's window was the dash cam car. 

25 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

The sedan got exactly what he asked for. Dumb as dog shit. Feel sorry for the people in the pick-up. 

Oh Zack dude, how can you feel sorry for someone who was not driving according to the conditions of the road?

i mean would you drive fast through a field containing people who were feeble minded, for example?

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I note that the dashcam driver did not stop.

Yeah I noticed that and when cars pull out they don't hit the gas pedal they just putt putt in front of you. I also noticed A scooter going the wrong way and cam driver likes to straddle the white line. I have to say Thai's like to use their signal (but most times they turn it on and off before the light blinks) and move over but most times they are only halfway pass the other car so they can't see, where in the US you use the blinker but give the other car a chance to see it and slow down.

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

Did anyone else notice that the pick up driver had his hazard lights flashing at the moment of impact. I doubt he had time to do this or even thought to do so. I can only surmise that he was driving at speed with them on to warn people (like an ambulance) that he was coming through at high speed and to get out of his way! Didn't quite go the way that he/she planned. In any event, no lessons will be learned by either persons involved I guess.

Hazard flashers come on automatically with airbag deployment on Ford Rangers and many other cars.

Impressive ABS in action on the Ranger as well.

I love the Fortuner tailgating at the start :saai: Also, at 6 seconds the Fortuner is undertaking at the same time that a white car is overtaking from the left lane...2 cars in the middle lane? Why not...:sad: So many different infringements in the clip...

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

anyway there is the sound of two impacts

Yes i was looking at the back of the pick up to see if it had been hit from behind but couldn't see any damage so maybe 2 cars behind the dash cam car

I went crazy and told my gf she must have lessons after she stated she didn't need a licence as she could pay the police 400 baht if stopped and would not have an accident as she would drive very carefully. 

This is likely the result of that same mentality

2 hours ago, sinbin said:

You are correct in that the white car was wrong but the major culprit here is the government for providing U-turns on a 3 and 2 lane motorway. That is just plain stupidity. They should periodically have left hand slip roads leading to either an under or over pass. It's not as if they don't have them here.

too expensive hence  the u- turns

I dont recall a day where i havent seen some absolutely reckless uturn attempts. Clearly this person is handycapped in some way. No one with any commonsense would ever attempt such stupid stunts. People like this will go on continuing to do this. I see a group of monks that rear ended a neighbours car local to me do this every day after collecting their freebies from town everymorning. Its Madness!!.  

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Hazard flashers come on automatically with airbag deployment on Ford Rangers and many other cars.

Impressive ABS in action on the Ranger as well.

not impressive enough lol 

impossible to tell what speed he was doing raised pickup trucks are not the best in braking tests 

at least he didnt flip it on its roof tho 

cant blame the pickup for going fast in the fast lane 

idiotic setup to put the uturn  entrance in the fast lane 

8 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

I dont recall a day where i havent seen some absolutely reckless uturn attempts. Clearly this person is handycapped in some way. No one with any commonsense would ever attempt such stupid stunts. People like this will go on continuing to do this. I see a group of monks that rear ended a neighbours car local to me do this every day after collecting their freebies from town everymorning. Its Madness!!.  

Madness being  collecting freebies every morning or their  driving ? :sleepy:

8 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Madness being  collecting freebies every morning or their  driving ? :sleepy:

Monks arent allowed to drive in the first place. Freebies meaning the morning merit by people giving away food that ends up back 3doors up from my place on the road feeding the soi dogs. We could free up peak hour time if people just gibe food directly to the dogs. Its all madness out there!

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why should they? They weren't involved.

Whether they were involved or not the video may have help an innocent man prove he wasn't guilty of causing the accident. Selfish attitude IMO.

Edited by sinbin

Just now, sinbin said:

Whether they were involved or not the video may have help an innocent man prove he wasn't guilty of causing the accident. Selfish attitude IMO.

You may be right, but if you've been in the country for any length of time you know not to get involved in someone else's business, no matter how well-intentioned. And the video is available now anyway, as you can see.

3 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Did anyone else notice that the pick up driver had his hazard lights flashing at the moment of impact. I doubt he had time to do this or even thought to do so. I can only surmise that he was driving at speed with them on to warn people (like an ambulance) that he was coming through at high speed and to get out of his way! Didn't quite go the way that he/she planned. In any event, no lessons will be learned by either persons involved I guess.

People put their hazards on here when they have to brake hard, just for safety.

6 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Both drivers not looking

I disagree with you the driver of the pick up truck would not have been able to see the slow moving white vehicle that was behind the vehicle taking the dash cam video. This driver also had no room to move in on his left he had the vehicle taking the video and on the right the vehicle making an u turn.

Off topic posts and posts containing derogatory comments toward Thais have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

It was not just changing lanes trying to go from lane 1 crossing over two other lanes to get get into a u-turn or merging into another road of fast moving traffic...

as we say in tennis the driver was completely out of position...unable to realize their mistake,  put themselves in an at risk position...as I always say a motorcycle mentality here....

proper driving would have have been merging over lane by lane getting to  the speed of traffic until in the far right lane allowing for your next driving action....

laziness and and not knowing how to properly handle situations can be a deadly combo..what the driver wanted to do was not possible at the point of DM...did not demonstrate proper training whether received it or not....

Edited by cardinalblue

Utterly brain-dead. Sometimes there really is just nothing going on up there. Hope the people in the pick-up are ok. 

On a separate note, what's the deal with this strange reporting going on with TV? 

'Tnews did not report on injuries or other matters related to the accident just screaming about appalling Thai driving in their headline.'

This is the second time I've noticed it today, TV trying to show how they're better than other news outlets?