Transport van driver fined Bt10,000 for carrying too many passengers

webfact

Transport van driver fined Bt10,000 for carrying too many passengers

By The Nation

dae2fa087f72db96aa729e7d0a70cf7e.jpeg

Chon Buri Land Transport Office fined a Chon Buri-Rayong public transport van driver Bt10,000 and suspended his licence for 30 days after a passenger's Facebook post claimed the van took more passengers than the number of seats in the vehicle.

Following the Facebook post by Pahin Joe Tongma on the Monday incident at Nong Mon Market, Chon Buri Land Transport Office identified the van as being operated under Sukhumwit Transport Co Ltd and summoned driver Pipat Intharathud for questioning. 

He was fined Bt5,000 for failing to comply with the regulation that limits the number of passengers and Bt5,000 for failing to adhere to road safety rules. He also had his driver's licence suspended for 30 days.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30320531

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-12

3 hours ago, mark01 said:

What happened to banning passengers in the back of pickups?

Don't see any difference on the roads since songkran...

Then there's the riding of motorcycles on sidewalks. That was banned recently. And driving the wrong. Banned as well. But well, you know, no-one really gives a flying f... because they know they can still do it without punishment.

I use the 303 or the 57 when I go Ban Chang or the 48 when I go to Pattaya from Nong Mon.

I refuse to pay when I get on and say I pay when we go.

If the van is overloaded I get off get on the next van.

They don't like it but if they insist on the money 'NOW' i get off and get the next one.

9 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Ban them? I've seen the numbers increase. Twelve in one pick-up the other day.

Farmers going to work? for ฿200 or ฿300 per day cannot afford better transportation . Would you have them stay home and starve?

11 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:
9 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Ban them? I've seen the numbers increase. Twelve in one pick-up the other day.

Farmers going to work? for ฿200 or ฿300 per day cannot afford better transportation . Would you have them stay home and starve?

How you know they were farmers? Have you seen them and asked where they were going?

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

How you know they were farmers? Have you seen them and asked where they were going?

There is a question mark after 'Farmers going to work?' So he wasn't saying that he KNOWS they were farmers, simply asking a question. 

12 hours ago, wgdanson said:

There is a question mark after 'Farmers going to work?' So he wasn't saying that he KNOWS they were farmers, simply asking a question. 

Perhaps they all had a piece of straw hanging out of the side of their mouth.