Canadian drug fugitive lived luxury life in Thailand before dying in police custody

snoop1130

Canadian drug fugitive lived luxury life in Thailand before dying in police custody

By Coconuts Bangkok

8465.JPG

Cazes was detained at the Narcotics Suppression Bureau, located in Bangkok’s Laksi District. The sign on the door says “room for fugitives.” Photo: Ruamkatanyu Rescue Volunteers

The deceased Alexandre Cazes, who was French-Canadian but wanted in the U.S. on drug charges, lived a luxury life with a local wife on the lam in Thailand for eight years before he was arrested on July 5 and allegedly committed suicide while in Thai police custody yesterday morning.

Cazes, 26, was found hanged by a towel in the toilet of his jail cell, a few hours before his deportation hearing on Wednesday morning. Police examination of his cell and all evidence found “no clues that suggest he didn’t hang himself,” said Commander of Narcotics Suppression Bureau Pol. Maj. Gen. Sunthon Chalermkiat.

A woman detained in the opposite cell said Cazes had asked her for the time before he entered the toilet that morning, adding that she didn’t see anything suspicious, Bangkok Post reported.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/canadian-drug-fugitive-lived-luxury-life-thailand-dying-police-custody/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-7-13

Good Lord! Who knows what he would have told the authorities in the US. He may have implicated some big dogs in powerful positions here. 

8 years on the lamb with all this wealth. Someone or some people were protecting him.  

He lived in one of those run-of-the-mill housing estates where the houses cost up to 8M THB (which had he 3 of, and how did he register them in his name?) but apparently had 4 Lamborghinis? They seized 400M THB worth of stuff? How much can these Lambos cost? And they said he worked as a programmer. How can a programmer amass 400M THB in assets? Noone with a Lambo would live in a housing estate like that with no land around the house. It all doesn't match up one bit.

The usual ' suspect hanged himself in police custody ' story, lots more than what meet the

eye i'm sure, and i don't think there will be many who will cry over a drug dealer

untimely demise, specially when lots of tainted monies are just laying there....

8M THB does not seem to be an excessive anount for a house, considering the chap was allegedly a drug kingpin?

But if the guy was really a drug peddlar, guess his nature gave him what he deserved...or did he get a kind helping arm to fly above the floor, tied up on a towel??????????????

He was the owner or at least one of the admins behind a Darknet Market called "AlphaBay". There you can buy fake passports, stolen credit cards, guns, drugs and other illegal stuff. If deported to the US he would have most likely sentenced to life without parole like Ross Ulbricht.

His massive amount of wealth is explainable because these DarkNet Market guys are dealing just with Bitcoins. Price of Bitcoins increased like 800% in the last 12 months.

8 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

I got a friend who actually lives near the guy and knew him.  Says there is no way he was the type to commit suicide.  But then, you never know what might go through someone's head. 

If you read the links on my post you might conclude he was between a rock and a hard place. 

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

He lived in one of those run-of-the-mill housing estates where the houses cost up to 8M THB (which had he 3 of, and how did he register them in his name?) but apparently had 4 Lamborghinis? They seized 400M THB worth of stuff? How much can these Lambos cost? And they said he worked as a programmer. How can a programmer amass 400M THB in assets? Noone with a Lambo would live in a housing estate like that with no land around the house. It all doesn't match up one bit.

Sure sounds a lot like I think was that British guy a few months back that was shot outside that fitness center while he was getting in his car?  A "programmer", had fancy cars, etc.  Pretty sure not a lot of legit stuff going on here.  But the nutty thing is these guys go an flaunt their wealth, instead of living comfortably.  Several Lamborghinis?   Probably hustling and re-selling them.  Of course the wife is not mentioned much.  As if she didn't think anything unusual was going on. 

15 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

pretty average house for a multi millionaire with lamborginis.

26yrs old and on the run for 8 years, so he must have been a clued up 18 year old.

Anyway RIP

That would have been a smart move to live in an average house , but the 4 Lamborghinis don't make sense. 

Also a foreigner at his age driving a car like that draws TONS of attention.

He must have been bi-polar or nothing in the story makes sense. The housing estates don't like someone would park his Lambo there.

The neighbors would be talking, taking pics etc.. it wouldn't last very long. 

If we would have 4 Lambos in a decent condo it's a different story.. 

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I got a friend who actually lives near the guy and knew him.  Says there is no way he was the type to commit suicide.  But then, you never know what might go through someone's head. 

So you and many other people on here honestly believe the Thai cops would kill him and play it off as a suicide? Are you for real?

How would that benefit them? He was getting deported anyway, no dead weight on the Thai justice system. 

Ridiculous how some of you think. 

And from what i have been seeing over the weeks about alphabay, it's possible he could of ran the site or been an admin and amassed a fortune like he did. Possibly got wind of the fbi warrants and associates being arrested  and by then it was to late for him to cover it up or flee. Just like Ross Albrecht  (sp)  didnt touch or do the drugs but got a life sentence. 

What do you find more realistic? Cop killed him for no reason at all. Took huge risks to internation authories for no reason. 

Or this mr cazes knew what he Did, what the state's have on him, and obviously not a short jail term so he killed himself. 

Sorry to say but in his position and his knowledge of the situation, I dont blame the guy. 

I agree with this,

"So you and many other people on here honestly believe the Thai cops would kill him and play it off as a suicide? Are you for real?

How would that benefit them? He was getting deported anyway, no dead weight on the Thai justice system. "

But,

We will never know the truth. I am appalled at how the Canadian Embassy is and has been useless at present and in the past. I remember during the tsunami how the Canadian Embassy was put down by the media for its absolute uselessness in helping the victims. If memory serves me right it took about 3-4 days before anyone was sent out.

Whether this guy chose suicide as a way out will remain a mystery cos no way will Canada do right by its citizens...

In case you are wondering I am a Canadian.

Edited by LazySlipper

I am Canadian too ;)

The truth will come out in the following weeks. I guarantee it. 

The only reason I point to suicide as being completely understandable is because if the usa gets an international warrant for someone (whether citizen or not) spends the time money and resources to find him, it's something more then a year or 2 year jail term. 

Anyone who honestly thinks they can do 5 or 10 years in jail no problem, then come out with nothing, obviously has no realistic grasp  what prison is like. At all

16 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

And the Lamborghinis, house etc.... will be seized and auctioned in a perfectly transparent manner...?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I heard that they will ask a TVF member for advise on how to do it, so that it satisfies the rest of the world.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

pretty average house for a multi millionaire with lamborginis.

26yrs old and on the run for 8 years, so he must have been a clued up 18 year old.

Anyway RIP

My thoughts too... I was wondering who would point it out.

so... given this, and with no warrants in Thailand, this implies that he was a juvenile offender when fleeing to Thailand at 18 ( mitigating chargeable offenses and punishment)

if crimes were committed here, post arrival, then Thailand should have jurisdiction to prosecute first.

his "job" as a programmer seems in line with his housing arrangements vs a high flyer.... but the cars... something off there ( esp given housing choice)... perhaps they are registered in his name for others? ( which, admittedly, is suspect behavior)